Re: Craigs list...final rankings

If the Blues win the Cup, you still think Army will make a deal? Don’t you think he keeps Schenn and Petro? Would love to get Bobby Orr Brink, but I wonder how we pull it off if we’re the defending champs. I’m thinking Army is keeping the core.
Last edited by BillP. on Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillP. wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:47 pm If the Blues win the Cup, you still think Army will make a deal? Don’t you think he keeps Schenn and Petro? Would love to get Bobby Orr Brink, but I wonder how we pull it off if we’re the defending champs.
I don't think everybody can stay so my guess is that Schenn will be moved.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:50 pm
BillP. wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:47 pm If the Blues win the Cup, you still think Army will make a deal? Don’t you think he keeps Schenn and Petro? Would love to get Bobby Orr Brink, but I wonder how we pull it off if we’re the defending champs.
If they win the Cup, I just don't see any way that DA moves Schenn in the offseason after the playoff impact he has had physically. Maybe at the trade deadline next year if Schenn will not sign an extension, but no way in the offseason.
KA-KAW!

I’ve been thinking this, too. You can’t wait too long to move higher priced guys out and ELC talent in and put yourself in a position to have to do a lot of things at once to stay under the cap. Thomas has shown he’s ready to be a Top 9 C next season so moving him to the middle and replacing Bozak or Schenn with Kyrou makes sense.

MissouriMook wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:36 pm
I’ve been thinking this, too. You can’t wait too long to move higher priced guys out and ELC talent in and put yourself in a position to have to do a lot of things at once to stay under the cap. Thomas has shown he’s ready to be a Top 9 C next season so moving him to the middle and replacing Bozak or Schenn with Kyrou makes sense.
Kyrou hasn't proven anything yet. What's the rush to get rid of Schenn?

BluesSK wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:27 pm
MissouriMook wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:36 pm

Kyrou hasn't proven anything yet. What's the rush to get rid of Schenn?
I'm with you... Kyrou can't even replace Sanford right now, much less the production of Bozak or Schenn. Schenn is part of the identity that this team has created in the second half of this season. I want to BUILD around Schenn, not ship him out for player who wont see the ice for 3 years.
KA-KAW!

Guys...we aren’t saying to get rid of Schenn but lets put it into perspective. He’s going to get a huge contract and Petro is going to command around $9mil per....
I’ve said numerous times, he needs to be extended and part of the core going forward. It still comes down to money and if Schenn wants to stay here. There have been rumors that maybe he didn’t want to stay here long term. The Blues had a deal with Boston worked out that Army backed out on at the last minute. When it comes down to it...we are going to lose some guys from this team...that’s just the cost of potentially winning the cup. Schenn’s value will never be higher than it is right now....especially if we win the cup. With that said, I hope they work something out

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Just a couple of weeks before the draft and Peyton Krebs who is projected to go In the top 10 suffers a torn Achilles during training.
Yes...I would love to see the Blues take a chance on him if he falls.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

In terms of the offseason, let's consider the possibilities:

1) The Blues have played 13 home games in the playoffs - each home playoff game brings in extra revenue. I've heard that number is anywhere from 300K to 800K, depending on the source. So, if we split the difference, they will have made an extra 6 to 6.5 million dollars this season.

2) No matter what happens on Wednesday, I will bet money that Pietrangelo is extended. 8 years at 8 million a year. It hurts to think of that, but getting to Game 7 of the Cup Finals enhances your earning power, like it or not.

3) We don't know if Schenn wants to be here after next year - if he does, I think they make it happen. He's a difficult one to price out because in reality, he's a 55 point forward, but he does bring a physical element to the game and that sometimes is hard to put a price on.

4) Although the Blues have 19 million in cap space available, you have Barbashev, Sanford, Sundqvist, Fabbri, Blais, Edmundson, and Binnington all as RFA's. Sundqvist and Binnington are going to get larger than normal raises.

So....if you're looking to trade up into the first round to grab someone, you're probably only talking about Schenn unless they surprise everyone and get Pietrangelo to waive his NTC. If not, then we're playing at the bottom of the second round and you hope guys like Kyrou start panning out.

Besides the top 3-6 picks this summer, is there anyone who would be available to play n the NHL within the next couple of years anyway? I think the Blues showed that THIS current core group can make a legit deep run, and you'd want to enhance it. Sure you don't want the well to run dry, but DA and BA have done a very good job in working the trade market and finding some good players in the 2nd to 5th rounds.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

SpacemanSpiff wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:50 pm 4) Although the Blues have 19 million in cap space available, you have Barbashev, Sanford, Sundqvist, Fabbri, Blais, Edmundson, and Binnington all as RFA's. Sundqvist and Binnington are going to get larger than normal raises.
i'm of a mind you pay barbie & sunny d whatever they need to stay. you reward binner but don't go nuts with term as goalies are unpredictable and an odd bunch. sanford has shown he can take criticism and learn to be better. unless he's hurt blais has shown that he continues to be up and down. his highs are pretty great, but his lows are very ungreat. fabbri, dude has to go. eddy, another guy that when he's good he's good, but has lots of downside. i feel like there are any number of guys that could fill that role. so of this list of 7, there are probably 3 questionable names as to whether they stay or go if i'm mgr. i still think they end up with decent cap space.