Re: GDT: SCF Game 5: St Louis Blues at Boston - 7:00 - NBC - Thurs 6/6

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:52 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:20 am Friendly reminder to breathe today everyone! I might need to set a recurring alarm every 15 seconds or so to remind me.

LGB!!!
Shit, I've been holding my breath for the last month or so....I'm literally turning Blue ;)

4506681-7038874729-hold%.jpg

Biggest game ever in Blues franchise history...no pressure boys, we can do this!

Let's GO BLUES!!!
"We all breathe blue".
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Didn't want to create a separate post for this, but an excellent article about Tarasenko here:

https://www.si.com/nhl/2019/06/05/vladi ... -cup-final

"How St. Louis Became the Hometown Vladimir Tarasenko Envisioned From the Start"

Here is a boy with boundless energy. No older than nine, he lives in the riverside Russian city of Novosibirsk, a major hub along the Trans-Siberian railway. Because his parents are divorced, and because his father is away playing professional hockey, the boy shares an apartment with his paternal grandparents. It is a small place, two bedrooms. It will not do much to contain him.

One day, for example, he is barreling around the apartment. Full sprint, no regard. Emerging from a hallway, as the boy will remember many years later, he comes to a crossroads. Turn left and enter the kitchen. Veer right for the living room. His mind spins fast. His legs churn faster. “I finally can’t decide,” Vladimir Tarasenko says, “so I just go straight and hit this middle wall with my body.”

Condolences to the wall.

Here is a father raising two boys, each with boundless energy. The oldest is stepson Mark, a goalie for a local youth hockey program. The youngest, Aleksandr, as Tarasenko puts it, “is like hurricane.” In this regard, the Blues winger sees a spitting image of his younger self. “Lot of power, never gets tired, just play-play-play,” Tarasenko says. “The difference is, I was living with a 50-year-old grandpa and he is living with 27-year-old NHL player.”

Read the rest here: https://www.si.com/nhl/2019/06/05/vladi ... -cup-final
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:39 am Sure would be interesting to see who the Bruins take out of the lineup if they go 7 D.....Dare I say, Backes?
He's the only logical answer. I'd feel bad for the guy, but he's been on a line that's done nothing all series and is the easiest to remove. If you take him out though, what do you do with that spot up front though? It's not as though you're removing a guy from a line that plays 7 minutes a night, we're talking about the second line. More time for Marchand/Pastrnak? It'll be interesting.

If I'm Cassidy I roll with 6 D.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:50 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:39 am Sure would be interesting to see who the Bruins take out of the lineup if they go 7 D.....Dare I say, Backes?
He's the only logical answer. I'd feel bad for the guy, but he's been on a line that's done nothing all series and is the easiest to remove. If you take him out though, what do you do with that spot up front though? It's not as though you're removing a guy from a line that plays 7 minutes a night, we're talking about the second line. More time for Marchand/Pastrnak? It'll be interesting.

If I'm Cassidy I roll with 6 D.
Maybe not 7, but his ATOI is less than 10 mins per game in the SCF:

Opp Date G A P +/- PIM PPG SHG S Shifts TOI
STL JUN 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 14 09:09
STL JUN 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 16 10:21
STL MAY 29 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 15 10:05
STL MAY 27 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 13 08:50
CAR MAY 16 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 14 09:50
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:57 am Not being able to communicate on the ice has to be a major disadvantage.

I can appreciate the 'warriors' mentality' to play, and if Chara had never won a SC before, would fully understand his desire to compete and play tonight. But IF they do play him and he gets further damage/injury that could be a long-term factor, that is where it just becomes stupid.

Honestly, Chara hasn't been that great of a player in the Final, and with this injury and an inability to communicate and be in that much pain, he'd be a serious liability out there.

Here's to hoping Cassidy let's him play :twisted:
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:02 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:57 am Not being able to communicate on the ice has to be a major disadvantage.

I can appreciate the 'warriors' mentality' to play, and if Chara had never won a SC before, would fully understand his desire to compete and play tonight. But IF they do play him and he gets further damage/injury that could be a long-term factor, that is where it just becomes stupid.

Honestly, Chara hasn't been that great of a player in the Final, and with this injury and an inability to communicate and be in that much pain, he'd be a serious liability out there.

Here's to hoping Cassidy let's him play :twisted:
I agree with this. I really have no strong feelings one way or another if he plays tonight or not, but leaning toward hoping he does play.

How bad is their depth that a 42 year old Chara who can't talk or be too physical be better than an alternative?
Just a Russian propaganda account

insideout wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:26 am They interviewed Chara after the optional skate and his comments were telling:

"Ma jaw hersh a riddle, but I can pray huckey. I am show taw dat no one can reesh ma face. Al ship champaign from da cup wish shtraw.
So that puck hit him so hard ...he’s Asian now?
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:33 am
insideout wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:26 am They interviewed Chara after the optional skate and his comments were telling:

"Ma jaw hersh a riddle, but I can pray huckey. I am show taw dat no one can reesh ma face. Al ship champaign from da cup wish shtraw.
So that puck hit him so hard ...he’s Asian now?
:lol: :lol: Literally exactly how I read it too
Just a Russian propaganda account