GDT: Game 1 Stanley Cup Final: St Louis Blues vs Boston Bruins- 7:00 - NBC

It's here. 3 free passes 49-51 years ago not withstanding, it is here for the first time, a chance to play for the Cup. Along the way we've all been punched in the gut, slapped in the face and kicked in the balls. Year after year we've been background noise in somebody else's story. Our band of heroes dispatched of easily by villains from another city. In the real world the bad guys usually win. A few heartwarming stories notwithstanding, we've finally found the group willing to quit monologueing and kill the good guy. Take their knives, stab them in the eye through to the brain, the boss said. It took a while, but the lesson has been taken to heart. Now, we meet a new group of heroes from Boston. They come complete with an old grizzled giant, a mischievous little rat, the perfect hockey player, and a dear old friend. Stab them in the brain and they'll fall all the same.

Unsheath you daggers, boys. The final battle starts tonight.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: GDT: Game 1 Stanley Cup Final: St Louis Blues vs Boston Bruins- 7:00 - NBC

Part of me still cannot believe it, but I am totally enjoying this moment of time. This my friends is what we have all been waiting for, most of us a lifetime, others have waited since the last meeting with the Bruins 49 years ago. I am excited for the puck to drop tonight, but at the same time, I want to savor and enjoy every single minute of the coverage, the game, and if this truly is our year of destiny, the celebration of four more wins and a trip to St. Louis to see the parade.

Let's GO BLUES!!!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Re: GDT: SCF Game 1: St Louis Blues at Boston - 7:00 - NBC - Mon 5/27

39hurricane wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:25 am Let's Go Blues!!!

Side note: I passed the FAA Certified Flight Instructor checkride boys! I am a flight instructor. And I got hired by Rocky Mountain Flight School in Colorado. It's fate. It's destiny. Just need the boys to put the cherry on top.
Congrats!

PS: TC, sorry didn't see DPW's GDT...can you merge his and Dave's?

Let's GO BLUES!!!
"Do Only Good Everyday"