FTP: WCF Game 4 Sharks 05/18/2019

Page number: 1

robble robble.
Also Dillon is terrifying.

He's hot.
I have the same contact lenses (amongst many others).

The evolution of Binnington is hilarious.

Can we fit Grimace or Mayor (Meier) McCheese in there somehow?

No.

Meier McCheese.... that's hilarious.

Must be a Burger King guy

Nope.
I just don't pile on a joke for the sake of literal.

I now fear that if I ever look you or Dillon in the eyes I won't leave with my soul.

well played. I walked right into that one.

Ok, now I know you're just screwing with me.

Just win the game

lost it at bedtimeson and david ****face lol

Please win
Please don't get shutout

Please be a blowout win

Grimace or no Grimace in the OP aside, let's buck the game 4 trend and win one for once. I think we'd all appreciate a bust out game from Kane and Hertl

I would take just scoring a goal in a game 4.

is it even worth watching tonight? expecting a 4-1 loss

Blues gonna be flying around like they're on a coke binge.
Not loving the Sharks chances, unless they can weather the early storm and maybe steal a goal.

So progress? I will take it.

Bettman and gang valet was an excellent touch.
"œWe didn't see a thing"

Page number: 2

Curious about two things tonight. First, how does Binnington handle the mental aspect of the game based on last games results. Goalies are finicky, and he is a young goalie.
Second, the alarms have been sounded about the ref situation. When the Blues go headhunting and try to make the Sharks pay the iron price, does the game get called correctly now? Do the Blues go to the box or only the Sharks to "œmake things right"?

I expect an abundance of calls today on both teams. Muddy the waters

I expect the Blues to get 10 PP's and us to get 1 and the Blues fans will claim that PP was rigged if we score.

Really think the hand pass stuff could be more motivation for the Sharks than the Blues. Being utterly disrespected and repeatedly told you aren't supposed to be here feels like enough of a challenge to your pride that you would come out jumping to prove a point.

Hope they play Gloria when the Sharks win 5-0.
Pavelski x2, Labanc, Melker, Hertl

I thought they were only supposed to play Gloria when they won. They played it at least once in the third last game. Maybe it has lost its power. Lol

I hope we can burgle another game, because Boston is done and will be rested.
Excuse my poor ms paint skillz:

I have an extreme hard time believing we'll win this game with the team's pattern all playoffs and lack of urgency when up in a series

I think we win this one. I expect the Blues to start fast. But we score first and rattle Binnington. Their reaction after last game showed me that they did not handle the loss well.

Sometimes I hate this board, we have to hide in our little conner here. Why is the NHL publicly apologizing for things? Like they're trying to turn the world against the Sharks.
Also. Funny that they think they were getting an advantage with those refs. They didn't call anything on the Blues all night.

I think its more about the timing of the calls.
A major in game 7 against the Knights.
A goal scored in OT on a 'hand pass'.
Nobody outside of us cares about the GI in game 2 even though it cost us the game because it was game 2. Or we have had bad calls against us at critical times but have just fought hard and overcome them. Also, other fans are rooting against the Sharks for this, its not like the refs are doing this because they like us. Heck the bad calls cost them in these playoffs as they are not calling any more games.
We are in a lose-lose situation on the main forums right now. Either the refs are with us OR they were with us and that is why we got this far.

Yeah its just wild. Vegas still took that thing to OT, Sharks didnt have Pavs anymore. Vegas wins no one ever says anything.
The hand pass was obvious and that actually ended the game. But during the game when Perron scored while he should have been in the box is "just deal with it" from everyone else haha so its difficult to feel bad about these things.

At least the hand pass is a judgement call that is written somewhat vague intentionally to leave room for interpretation. The referee has to make the determination that Timo was hand-passing it in Nyquist's direction and that the result was an "advantage" for the Sharks. Obviously it should have been called a handpass but there's an infinite number of ways one could interpret that play and it doesn't look like any of the officials had a convincing enough sightline anyway.
Puck over glass delay of games, on the other hand, are written pretty black and white. Was the player in their defensive zone? Y/N. Was that player the last to touch it? Y/N. Did it go out of play without hitting the glass/bench/boards? Y/N. These are all verifiable elements. Sure, some replays make it difficult to be sure but the evidence is out there. There's no excuse for getting those wrong.
But the headshot takes the cake for me. Sure, those too are also at the referee's discretion but the fact that the league didn't even give Blais a hearing leads me to believe that's how they're issuing a make up call. Using head injuries as league currency is ****ing scary.
I hope both handpasses and delay of games are reviewable next season. I'm also curious how Doug Armstrong (and Bill Foley) voted on these things in the past. Sort of waters down their arguments if they voted with the majority that landed us the current set of rules.

So much win! These keep getting better and better, just like the Sharks!
Thanks Slocal!

I thought the "œHamburglar" thing was going to be a reference to Andrew Hammond, who was nicknamed "œThe Hamburglar", and to whom Jordan Binnington has drawn many comparisons.
Great GDT though!

At first slo, I was like there better be the Hamburglar there and sure enough it was!
Nicely Done!
Now for the Sharks, just win the game and score 1st and often!
I think the blues are going to drop gloves at puck drop like thornton did against (Getzlaf) to get a rise out of us.
Try end this in 5 if they can?!

This is so amazing Slocal. Genius work.
Sharks will win this game and close it out on Sunday afternoon. Its fate. Its prophecy. The fork for Jumbo to win has finally opened as Boston is now in the finals. Its the only way.
I expect a few fights in this game. I also expect a lot of extra-curricular activity.
Just ****ing win Sharks. Enough of this bull**** from the league, from the refs, from every other fan base. Go out and kick their ass's all over the state of Missouri

Defy the even games curse please...

ABSOLUTElY YES!!

At least if the Sharks get SO tonight, we know theyre winning in 7

5-1 STL.
Have to calm down the crybabies and call 47 penalties on SJ tonight.

I think it's gonna be another 0 goal game for Sharks. Hoping to be wrong but 0-3 is my guess.

I fully expected a top sharks star to get suspended for a headshot

Page number: 3

Jumbo on Perron part 2 "He ruined my life"

Definitely expecting Boyle 2.0 coming up soon. Except the crowd will be cheering this time around.

This^^^^
I think we see a fired up Sharks team, combined with a mentally rattled Binnington.

This GDT is so good it's almost unfair.
4-1 Sharks, the fourth goal is literally picked up by the ref and placed behind Binnington.

Me too. I also like Sorensen in the 4th line role. Good energy for it. He and Donskoi are like waterbugs when they're on - lotta zip to their game.

Hopefully Sorenson is actually effective, as Haley must be out from that huge 2hand lumberjack slash to his wrist, can't believe something like that was missed/let go.

I like this...given they way the parties involved have been playing lately....and NO Haley!!
I'm hoping the Blues get caught up in the BS and implode tonight....

Im pretty excited about that 4th line

I hope the blues get caught up in the BS because of a disallowed goal scored by them due to a hand pass.
We need to fully embrace the villian role.

Gigantic opportunity tonight. Just win in any fashion, one game at a time!

I hate to call a game in a series we are leading a must win, but with the context and drama around this, I think it could be a big blow to lose this.

i'd say it's no worse than usual to lose, but if the blues lose there is some extra salt

Agreed.

Right now it's sharks vs everybody, lets prove em all wrong.

Yeah, if the Sharks don't win in 5 and they advance from this series you can bet what the national narrative will be in the SCF. Leave no doubt who the better team in this series is.

Win in 7 on a questionable high stick goal is the only way to win this series.

Or they jinxed themselves.

That fourth line is ridiculous. They can be a difference maker.

Not gonna lie, Haley was quite solid in game 2. That said, Donskoi-Goodrow-Sorensen is a real solid line.

Man, Justin Braun looks beat up. Check out the interview on sharks365. I'm not smart enough to link it

A+ work SLO!
Let's hope the Sharks reward it by at least showing up tonight.

Karlsson really gave a spark to that third line, hope he keeps it up. The 4th line hopefully can play as fast as they can skate. Even Goodrow can motor when he wants.

Lmfao!

Page number: 4

That 4th line is sexy.

If there was ever a game where someone on the sharks could get injured it's this one. Former goon coach having his team play extra physical in a must win game with the refs probably looking the other way to over correct on "favoring" the sharks.

If our 3rd line can maintain their level of play from Wednesday and Sorensen-Goodrow-Donskoi can be equal to the sum of their parts, our bottom-6 is on par with Boston's. Which is to say it's ridiculously good.

I figured it out. The sharks play such back and forth hockey that we've tired out the refs so much that they're cheating on their positioning and that's why they can't make calls properly

The Sharks can put a damper on this Ref Jose noise with a statement game. Something like a 5-1 blow out should do it.

Watch, this is going to be the game where that 4th line tanks because we actually like the ingredients as it is being put together. So naturally, it will fail for some inexplicable reason. lol

Happens more than I'd care to admit. Itll seem a steeper drop because they will play a lot more than normal

I feel like our 4th line was actually pretty good offensively. They were just truly awful defensively. Watching them try and gain possession in the dzone by chasing the puck is terrifying.

I hope they put up a 10 spot on these lames.

Actually, I just saw a much clearer view of the "hand pass" and am now convinced that Timo never touched it. He TRIED to. Certainly from the replay he did pass it directly to Nyquist. Check youtube.

We need Hertl today.

3-0 ref louis

Meier should come out without a stick for warmups and just throw pucks into the net as they circle around in the zone.

I'm kinda shocked Braun is still in the lineup. You can't diagnose concussions via video, but damn I don't see how you aren't a little woozy after that hit.

ahahaha

Hertl must be always!

Well. What will happen is that they will have a great shift which somehow ends up with an unlucky goal against. Then PDB will start the blender.

Seems Sharks like enough to me. Let's go with it.

lets put a stranglehold on this series. please win

For what it's worth, I actually liked Haley last game, I thought he had some really solid shifts and almost scored at one point. But man, having two skill guys, one who scored 17 and the other who scored 14 goals this season on the fourth line is a crazy luxury. I really hope it works and Melker keeps working with Joe. I thought Melker was really good last game.
Watching the game recorded today, so will join you all a few hours later to talk about reffing.

My issue with Haley is that even when he has a good game he gets benched in the 3rd so someone is always doubling shifting and these guys need rest.

With the amount of sarcastic #refjose bs on the main boards, id be happy if the Sharks won the next 6 games "because of the refs" just to bask in the hate.

Page number: 5

Haley might be hurt, didn't he take a bad slash on his wrist?

Need games from Hertl, Pavs, and Kane. That line has been getting closer and if they break through, the Blues are in trouble.

If we can actually score tonight, we might have a shot. That being said, I'm fully expecting to get shutout because Game 4 lol.

2-0 Sharks. Pavs with a hat trick.
Sharks get 8 PP chances to the Blues 0.
Refs allow a goal for the Sharks that never crossed the goal line.
More salty tears to marinade my steak with.

If Evander Kane can get going oh bby

He's looked a lot better the last few games but man, his shot is like at 14%.

On him!

Yes, and no call (of course). He was really grimacing on the bench and didn't play again in the game.

They have to be 13 to post here.

3-2 sharks. Third period comeback victory. St Louis will outshoot us something like 28-15 and dominate most of the play. Pavs a pp goal to tie followed by a quick goal from Hertl to take the lead.

Its game 4. It's an even number so we are screwed. With that said we are either going to give up a lead or have an impressive come back to tie the game and then disappear. No complete game! Cant have one of those so those are your choices lol.

Can't believe that they allowed that as the gdt on the mainboard.

To be fair, mine was not made with the main board in mind. I wouldn't feel right if it was used. I mean, look at the rosters (cringe).

Yours is original, funny, and took time and effort. That one is blatant trolling and whining lol.

It does have a lot of reeeeeeeeee! in it, I have to agree.
Thanks, man.

Then why is TheDizee allowed to post here?

I'm scared and rattled so I'm 4 beers deep already

Pace yourself, it's an hour to puck drop.

I don't mind ref remarks in a tongue in cheek, unoriginal kind of way but it's sad when people actually believe the nonsense. I don't know which the main board topic is.

No worries, gonna munch on some tacos soon!

I am staying far away from the main boards. The Sharks getting a break from the refs has broken the hockey internet.

Page number: 6

Sounds good!
That own goal happened 19 years and a month from the other night . . . that means something, right? No? Ok.

Its fun even if the mods are biased against shark fans on it. Let every body troll shark fans but you say 1 thing back and you get a warning.

New meaning to "staying frosty" lol

Especially considering they said our GDT didn't have enough effort so we just got the Vegas one.
It's like there's two sets of rules for GDTs.

If we benefit from ANY call tonight I think space-time may warp and HFBoards will become a singularity sparking a new life, a new universe, full of pissed off HFer's starting Intergalactic War for a new beginning awaits.
Win the ****ing game

Gotta up the game tonight. 2 high stick goals and an offside goal. When we were down 2-0 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd.

Throw in a subtle little kicking motion goal and we're par for the course.

Ok that can be scored on the empty net goal to win 4-2.

I've never been on a board where I've seen so many posts just disappear.
I'm off to watch the game...go Sharks!!

I'm taking Donskoi with the game winner tonight. Catches the puck and throws it in the back of the net.

I keep seeing GIF's from the hand of god part 2 and It looks like Timo didnt touch the puck in some. Im sure you guys have talked about this haha but did he whiff on that puck?

It looked like it on one angle, but the other angle it deflects around the glove area.

Basically, it went off his glove but he actually whiffed the self-pass but barely clipped it.

Great, so how much do we have to listen the media about this stupid missed call? Oh does the media feel sorry for the poor Blues?

Don't even BREATH on a Blue's player and take your mouthwash. Don't touch them, check them, for at least the 1st period. Don't give the refs any excuse.

Sharks 4-2
MK68, Meier, Cooch, Labanc
Tarasenko, O'Reilly

I'm thinking Binny has some mental lapses after being "œwronged" and gives up a few

Lets get it boys!

There are no more refs to fire now boys. This one should be interesting.

Binnnnnnnnnnny ..... Binnnnnnnnnny

Yikes.

Welp

Lol Vegas all over

Brett Hull being featured after all the ref whining is just...lol

Page number: 7

That was ****ing terrible

Lol Ut Oh

On to game 5

Wow

LMAO
Horrible start by that line.

Well, ****

Burns says, here you go!

Jonesy . . . cover your post . . .

Well, shut out Inc

Great start

Refs didn't do a good enough job keeping that out of the zone.

Oh gawd Pierre and the announcer crew is loving this

This could be a long night for the Sharks. The Blues might be playing pissed.

NBC is so excited

This is gonna be an ugly game

Why is everybody talking about "the hockey gods owe them" or "Sharks will get their karma"? For what? Because the Sharks have NEVER been on the short-end of the stick.

Oh no game 5 starts at noon. This just became a must win.

Off a sharks stick and inside the post. That's unfortunate.

I mean we all knew this was gonna happen, they were so mad.

Sharks gotta prove they championship material and stop this storm

Might be?

Fricken Milbury almost swallowed his tongue he was so excited for that St Louis goal. At least Jones has held strong since.

Neuefans

Sportsnet too

4th line so close

As long as we dont get shutout I'll consider this game a victory.

Page number: 8

Lots of energy out there but also lots of sloppy play. Sharks actually look a little more composed to me after that ****ty first goal, but the Blues are full of piss and vinegar.

"Binnington is tracking the puck well, even in warm-ups" - no **** its ****ing warm-ups, who says this ****?

Pierre is so bad.

Apparently no defense tonight, should be fun

Worst defense weve played since game 4 vs Vegas. Holy **** were a mess

Defensive coverage is horrible so far.

Defensive coverage is nonexistent right now.

Can the blues keep up this pace? Can San Jose start defending the neutral zone?

Do the Blues even want a PP?

Of course it the first penalty goes to SJ.

Jones came to play here, but the team just isn't playing defense at all. Jones is going to get beat clean by a few nice shots and people are going to kill him.

Dillon ****ing sucks

I had to laugh at that Pierre-ing

Refs are going to call everything against the Sharks tonight. The current narrative has forced their hands.

Ref Jose at it again

Lmao, lie better Michy.

Lol - I'm incredibly shocked that the Blues got a power play.

uhhh, where?

They should start calling icing on the Sharks during the PK for the icing on Ref Louis

They'll show you once they get the CGI machine started.

Would be great to get out of the first 10 minutes only down by 1 . . .

Refs helping San Jose with phantom calls?

What's new?

Where's the call of slew-footing Dillon?

Not saying they didn't deserve it, even though it took forever to show the penalty, but I would've put money down that SJ would get the first penalty. Kind of had to happen after the last game.

That's why I hate the bull**** narrative that blames our team for their mistake

The media is the worst, they add fuel to the fire

Page number: 9

what the **** happened to dillion.

I'll go with doubtful and probably not.

A momentum killing powerplay. I thought that was our specialty.

Good kill

Smart of the Sharks to take a penalty to try and kill some of the Blues momentum.

Good kill but Blues looked sharper on it. They had one or two quality chances that didn't get buried.

That would benefit the Sharks. tied for 3rd or 4th in scoring with all the 50 point, 30 goals scorers? Jones is used to being hung out to dry and binnboy isn't.

I wouldn't make a good coach. The Blues are of course going to press at the start. Was it Meier? If you have an easy chance with no player in your way, to clear the zone, then don't, and it leads to a goal. $10,000 fine after the game. Hurt the Sharks all season long.

Oh god, what happened to burns?

Kane is clearly hurt. Pee-wee shot.

Kane's shot is so **** right now. Very weak.

Kane can't do anything right offensively

Braun playing a tough game. I think he's sick of getting hit.

Lot of standing still and reaching

Good stick breaking up that play

Kane can't hit the net from 10 feet out. What is up with that dude. His level of suck has been on another level.

Nice 4th line

Lazy play by Dillon behind the net there almost went bad.

4th line is our best right now

why was that not icing?

Haley out, Sorensen in?

dilly take that hit to make the play man

They don't look too bad in the o-zone.

The D doesn't have an answer to the Blues forecheck this game.

Boarderline charge...

Page number: 10

EK65 looking pretty good. still need to tighten up D

Kane must be hurt, his drop from earlier in the year and last year is as bad as lucic imo, especially with that contract

He's obviously injured. I'm betting either shoulder or wrist. His shots have no power or accuracy.

It's been 10 minutes people. I have faith.

Sharks D look so tentative against the two-man forecheck. Break that puck out quicker or even chip it out if there is no play and sharks could take advantage of the over aggression.

Remember when the Blues were slow?

Legit injured, not hurt

Fightingb Reeves was dumb

Kane is dragging his line down defensively.

Hertl needs to wake the **** up

I think this game will be more tolerable if I mute the broadcast and just put on some music

Just realized this period has the easy change too. We're gonna get killed next period

Maroon is hitting everybody like a minute after they pass the puck.

That's been okay all playoffs the sharks have never done it and they should start

And he'll keep getting away with it. Refs won't give us an inch tonight.

If this team seriously gets shut out for the 3rd consecutive game 4 I'll lose it yet won't be surprised

It would get called.

Whoever suggested we send the boys home early and just dress some goons off the street for game 4 was dead on.

We've been talking about this endlessly since the end of the Vegas series. Of course he's hurt.

There is like no dzone support

I can't figure out what the defensive zone scheme is. But its ass.

Someone needs to Doug Murray some of these checks, stop just taking them.

See what happens when the refs don't cheat for them

Ye have little faith. It's early, give them chance to get thru the first. Be happy the good Jones showed up so far.

Dilly's lack of hockey iq shows in the playoffs

Page number: 11

Sorry, been fighting behind enemy lines in then general forums like a Dumbo

Thank you helmet

Sharks need to get out out of this period down by just 1.

Seems like every comment the announcers make I'm either confused as to what game they're watching or annoyed at how much they seem to love the Blues.

They give the Blues 15 feet to walk the Puck in

That was not a dirty hit

Of all people it had to be ****ing melker

Seriously Melker?!

Beauty pass by Thornton and ..... awww ****, it's just Melker.

Melker be bad

Welp, only down one. So we have that going for us, which is nice.

Andddddd Melker

That's what Burns did to Tarasenko earlier.

Knee on knee..

"rEf Jose"

Who thought Melker was going to score there? Yeah me neither.

Leave it to Melker to **** up great chances.

****ing Melker

That guys 5 hole is open

****ing melker shoots right into the damn glove

Goddammit, Melker

Melkerx2

MK68 has no shot

All of his finish is gone...he had so much time and gets no velocity on it. Doesn't even place it properly.

Anyone but Melker (and Ryan, Goodrow, and Sorensen )

Already feels like a shut out

Page number: 12

Ughhhh

Should have gone 5 hole.

Pierre acting like making a save on Melker Karlsson is difficult is cute.

Pierre is the boy who called wolf with saves.

Pierre has no more *** left

Lmao of course it was Melker who gets the golden opportunity.

Oh look at that, Sharks starting to find their legs.

If melker had any offensive skill dude would have at least 5 goals these playoffs

The announcers Blues boners are getting tiring

That's a goal against us every time. But when we are 1 on 1 with a goalie, easy save.

To be fair, Bennington played that very well.

Shooting dust

You don't understand how difficult it is to not move your glove when the puck is shot right at it.

Imagine there was time when Melker scored in 5 straight games.

Mute that **** bro, it's awful

Edit: quoted the wrong post rip

Reaaally not the point there.

****ing idiot Timo.

bad penalty by Meier.

Not surprised Melker shot it right into Binnington's glove. He shoots it anywhere except an open spot in the net.

Lazy by Meier.

A one handed hook? Jesus ****ing christ

Meir with the dumb miss and then penalty

Weak call

Lol..... almost hooked him

That's a hook?

Page number: 13

Oh come on now, that was the weakest call of the post season. F U REFS!

That's a hooking call? Lol.

These refs are the worst Sharks ever.

Lol

"Zero tolerance" oh go **** yourselves. You tolerate constant head shots.

****. Not surprised.

Thy apologized

Again sharks fail to show up in game 4

It really is all to be expected

Not winning this game

We look like we don't give a ****. Everyone was watching that puck loose in front of Jones instead of fighting for it.

Of course...

I don't think there has been a softer hook all playoffs

Good thing the Sharks are playing smart, because they aren't playing tough. Oh, never mind. Thanks Timo.

Guess the check didnt clear.

It's always the dumb penalties that cost you.

The refs clearly favoring the sharks.

That was not a hook. Didn't even touch the hands and ****!!!

SN: "That is a consistent call we see all season long" LOL. What a screwjob

LMAO Ref Jose at it again with the softer hook/slash in the history of the league

Braun directly kicked that in lol

Guess I'll cya guys in game 5

We all knew the outcome tonight.

sharks score 2 goals on own net already

Two goals off sharks.

Holy **** that is not a hook in any league! What a bull**** call!!! A one handed stick lift. And they scored... Refs ****ed us so now I guess the Blues can't wait their ****in *****in.
Is Braun the leading goal scorer for the blues?

Good to see the refs are looking to compound their game 3 mistake by giving this game to the Blues. Not that we haven't played terribly

Page number: 14

We scored. but wrong net.

There's the typical off your own guys skate goal

Lol don't worry guys, that weak ass call doesn't matter because it's in the first

Why doesn't Jones cover the bottom of the damn ice on those loose pucks. Dude is flopping like a fish.

Braun has like 5 goals this series

That goal makes us even for last game. One of the weakest hooks I've seen all playoffs

Shouldn't a hook actually touch the body and not just lifting the stick?

Y'all got any forks ?

This game is over

God why are these guys just ok with a split in St. Louis. Show some ****ing killer instinct

Definitely don't want them to resign in the off season.

Because these refs won't officiate another round?

Burns with the brutal slam!

I love the dive on that burns hit trying to hold his chin that was never hit

Didn't expect anything different though.
Blues came out angry as expected, and refs were never going to give us any benefit in this game either.
Surprised it's only 2-0, but all said I'm good with coming back 2-2 in the series.

The officials aka the Blue Man Group

Hertl is playing?

Don't call anything unless it's a weak call on the sharks. Guess the message was sent.

No he was fine, that should never have been called. Not a penalty ever.

Refs fault for a horrible defensive effort, lazy penalty by Meier, and poor offensive execution on the part of the Sharks.
They need an answer to the forecheck.

lol both highlights showing sharks score

We were all expecting to lose tonight correct?

I think I'm numb to any type of outcome at this point.

Page number: 15

We should ask for a refund. These refs aren't winning the game for us.

Sharks and killer instinct don't go together, when they have a chance to have a strangle hold on the series they're just content being up 1 game. This **** going 7

Shorks score both those goals that period?

That made me laugh too. Galley seems to love the Blues.

Excellent 1st period, everything we could have hoped for

I was hoping they wouldn't but I was totally expecting it. Hopefully no one gets hurt cuz Blues are getting a free pass regardless of major injury.

Boston loving every moment of this.

Him losing his voice is almost making it impossible to listen to this game as well

We scored 2 goals good period

This team is absolutely ridiculous. You can just predict the games they lose now.

And we know the 2nd period is gonna be even uglier if they continue to live up to the pattern

The Shark in me gave up this game two seconds after the end of game 3.

Prove me wrong Sharks!

2 GAA off their own players and they started to get their legs. If they can keep that up (without the own goals) I like their chances in this game. Frankly they look better than they did in the last 2 game 4s.

I bet he broke his wrist against Reeves in Vegas series.

They just need to get ready for the parade

Goddamn Ref Louis!

The refs were directly responsible for the 2nd goal. But with that being said, the way we played we deserved to be down at least 2

At least they decided to get into the game the last minute of the period. Very Sharks of em

What a crock! It wasn't a penalty.

Not a lazy penalty. That should never have been called. Hasn't been all season.

Sharks will need to score even strength or on the PK tonight. Not going to get a PP.

We took TWO stupid penalties...Timo didn't clear the zone (goal 1) then stupid penalty (goal 2). We can't win if we give them power plays..didn't the coaches warn against giving the Blues PPs!?!?!?!?

But we should be better at the PK regardless. They should know that the refs were going to be ****ty against them this game

I could see us scoring a goal in the second. Unsure which net.
But for real. This is a pretty typical layered forecheck. Blues have done this since hitch imo and its beatable with support down low

Has any team put more pucks in their own net than SJ this post-season?

Page number: 16

OMG, a reasonable post. You're drowning in pessimism here, though. Good luck keeping it up.

That guy outright lied.

That second call was BS and 100% not a hook.

Blues fully about to go 2 full games with only 1 minor penalty

Sharks kicked in their own net. Just dumb bad luck. This follows the Ref Jose script though... Blues got a BS call to benefit them early, a ref will throw a puck in the net behind Binnboy late in the 3rd to give the Sharks the win.

What a **** "œhooking" call lol should be expected Sharks will have everything called on them and the blues will get away with murder. The NHL is so predictable, after that call game 3 we knew it'll be this way tho

The penalty should have never been called. That's not a penalty, plain and simple. Also the Blues PP has been pretty terrible. But again, like I said, overall the Sharks played terrible. But blaming Timo on the penalty isnt really fair. The failed clear on the 1st goal was bad though.

Pros:
- Offensive Zone structure looks good
- 4th line finally worth deploying
- My water is still wet
Cons:
- Defensive coverage
- We also have the worst Karlsson
- Refs won't get my refund back

All part of the refs favoring San Jose in a conspiracy.

I'm just being objective. Blues didn't look that great late and the Sharks did. Blues got 2 lucky goals one off a fabricated hook. No guarantee the Sharks keep that level up but if they do the blues are going to have trouble. I think there was actually a Hertl line sighting late in that period too. Time for him to show up in this series.

They cant make it too obvious I suppose.

Hopefully all the makeup call stuff is done. I mean when the refs have dug themselves into a hole, the answer's not a bigger shovel.
Sharks got to score the next one or the Blues will take even more liberties than they already have. Still very winable game. Get one an I think the Blues will clinch up a bit. Got to come out hard in the 2nd.

All the whining about the refs being biased towards San Jose but 90% of the Blues hits are late. I always thought that once the puck is gone and then you hit someone it's interference. Blues are rarely throwing checks when the Sharks have the puck.

Seriously. It drives me up the ****ing wall. Especially against a team like St. Louis where the sharks could easily win in 5.

Well you don't expect a puck to go off your skate and into the net. That was just a fluke.

My wife made an account on hf.

They were cross-checking Sorenson at the blue line when he hadn't touched it at all and the puck was on the other side of the ice. They are not calling any of that stuff. Got to find a way to fight through it somehow.

Yeah interference is an urban legend to NHL refs. It drives me ****ing bananas.

Hah, like the Sharks would be able to score on a PP

We welcome her with loving arms and will tell her all that you've been up to.

As long as we dont give the refs anymore money, we should be ok

Ok, Blues got that out of their system. Time for some pushback in the 2nd.

Do the sharks get shutout in another game 4?

Agreed, the Avs scared me more than the damn blues. Sharks are hands down the better team and faster yet they play so down to the opponent. Boston easily handles a far inferior team like the canes, if we played a team that has no business being on the ice with us we'll find a way to make it harder it's a fact. This team just makes you hate them from time to time

It's Schrodinger's power play we won't know until they get a call.

Page number: 17

You are all welcome for turning him into a sharks fan. Never imagined he'd turn into a bigger hockey nerd than me

Hertl is seriously invisible since he fell into the net

Those misses in tight are a problem

I wish we can replace melker with someone with a semblance of an offensive game

Damn it timo

They're getting the chances.

I only got to start watching with about 7 minutes left in the period, but without prior game bias they looked pretty good. Then that BS call and an lucky goal off our player. I went back and watched the first goal and it was another lucky goal. Lucky goals have little to do with effort and you all had to know the Blues would come out with all they have not wanting to go back to SJ down 3-1. Their on Home ice, with last change and the shadow of how the last game ended.
Maybe they'll suck the rest of the game, but some of these posts seem way overboard. Try looking back at some of our previous WCF series outside of our SCF appearing series and jumping up and down that we already have 2 wins. Well, maybe not jumping up and down, but not reaching for the cutting blades either.

Meier has to pot that.

Get the shots on net FFS!

timo......

Meir back to his non finishing bs

Timo weak on the stick

Damn it guys hit that net!!

Missed opportunities like in game 2

Once we start missing those open net chances you know the shut out is highly possible

So I've seen about three "calls that they've consistently made all season" since the Sharks got called. Should I call an eye doctor or something at this point?

Should have hand passed it in.

Pierre "fundamental hockey" McGuire

SJ has a massive O zone possession. NBC look at the amazing break out

Melker is special

Isn't it little weird to post if you know your wife is going to be read your messages Like my friends who read hfboards and maybe even have an accound doesn't know I have an account here.

Sundqvist has been rewarded for diving twice already in this series and he keeps trying. You would think the league would notice, it's embarrassing.

Stand in front of the net you ****s

So many turn overs exiting the zone or pulling away from the end boards

Re: FTP: WCF Game 4 Sharks 05/18/2019

Page number: 19

pp is epic bad , like over 9000 bad

The PP is beyond pathetic.

She was reading them already Lol

Spott special baby

just got here for that PP. Looks like I'm missing a bad game.

No more powerplays

For the love of Stanley, can we please score on this PP?

this 'powerplay' gives my ulcers

Next goal wins this game

Refs can call 10 penalties on the blues and our inept pp will go 0-10

Saw that slash from a mile away

Too late.

Shorty coming up.

Ref Jose, can't believe they called that blatant slash, the fix is in

Best Blues PKer is Steve Spott

I think the Blues hit themselves out in the first. Now that the running around has stopped, they need to play their game

Eh, our PP makes it look worse than it really is. 5 on 5 we've been moving.

Schenn deserves that. He took a clear shot at Vlasic. Doesn't matter though, this PP is a joke. I just can't believe it.
Imagine not having any one timer options open on the power play. Not like one 2 minute power play but like the power play for the entirety of your playoffs. It's ridiculous.

Left handed Couture on the left boards on the PP is still so stupid.

Sportsnet seems to think the Blues are going to get a PP because Vlasic just poked at Binnington's glove hand after he covered the puck.
...wait. That's not funny. That's not funny at all.

I hate our pp. Spott has a ridiculously long rope given how bad it's looked for this long.

You forgot the sarcasm emoji...

Do you have a youtube video in which you get to teach how to run a successful powerplay?
I don't think so.

I love how they are figuring their PP out but not us. I love how when they go up 2-0 they can hold their lead but not us. This is what pisses me off most about this team. Always us

It's frustrating to watch. Nobody was in a good position to shoot in that one quick sequence of passes on the PP.

So Sheng Peng made a great breakdown during the Colorado series about how they adjusted to the Sharks' PP entries, and then how the Sharks adjusted to that adjustment. Does anybody have a good source on the Blues' 2nd period adjustments or how they've prevented the Sharks' entries in this series?

Page number: 20

OMG Vlasic hit his glove.

Lolz offsetting minors my ass refs

Wait, what the ****? Why is Vlasic getting one here? What a joke.

Yikes

Vlasic literally got a penalty for getting punched in the face

Spott better be fired the second this season ends. I will personally buy his plane ticket out of San Jose.

Gary Galley seems mystified that Vlasic isn't the only one getting the penalty.

Offsetting? Lmao....wtf
What do you call vlasic for, playing to the whistle?

****ING WHAT

Lol. Puck was loose, penalty on Vlasic.

I'll take the 4-4

Looking like a shutout

Thank you refs

What a crock.

.... Oh man, the bull****ting to explain why Vlasic is getting and penalty here is... ridiculous...

Offsetting minor because vlasic took a punch to the face.

LOLWUT

They gave Vlasic a penalty for playing to the whistle

Vlasic got a penalty for that? lol Refs are scared to call PPs for the Sharks.

What was the penalty that Vlasic called?

I'm rather on 4 on 4 than our pp.

Slashing? Ahahaha talk about phantom calls.

That wasn't a slash. A poke, but come on. Whining ****s.

I want a lot of changes this offseason if we don't win the cup, but the absolute minimum and most important is getting rid of spott. Our PP is so unbelievably embarrassing.

They didn't get a scouting report, lol

Page number: 21

That makes sense. Slashing... Wtf.

He had a ****en clear lane it wasn't that amazing

2 minutes for getting slashed and punched in the head

Offsetting penalties lmao

Nathan MacKinnon gave birth to a baby boy and they named him Jordan.

Hit the ****ing net!!

4v4 looking better than our PP.

Why cant they do this when they have an extra guy?

NVM, much prefer the 4 on 4 than the PP.

Been this way all season.

Sharks should just leave a forward in the neutral zone on the PP. They look better 4 on 4.

When we go on the PP we should just play 4 guys

Gotta get one back this period.

Boys looking good. Only a matter of time

So if Jones covers it and get hit in the glove it's not a penalty. lol!

The Sharks have looked much better in this period. Erik Karlsson appears to have all of his confidence back in the offensive zone.

4 on 4 the Sharks dominate but add an extra man for them and they can't do anything.

Stop being cute, stop over passing. Get it on net with traffic in front. Kiss principle it.

They gotta learn to hit the net first, every shot is wide

We should purposely commit an infraction any time we're gonna get a pp, that was so much better than any man advantage we've seen this series

Getting shut out tonight. All that pressure and nobody screening the goalie or getting shots on net.

Dillon is constantly out of position. He's not skating hard enough to get back.

That was an even worse poke by the Blues than Vlasic but they'll ignore it because it was obviously a nothing play. Zero consistency.

I wonder if Spott does the 4v4 drills

He has been AWFUL all postseason

Page number: 22

Need at least one this period. I don't see us getting 2 in the third.

He truly is generational! I thought men can't give birth babies!

Yup. He can't handle the psychological aspects in the playoffs for some reason.

Burns is having a really ****ty game

4v4 we have Karlsson and Burns on the ice at the same time. PP we separate them.

He's mad, he plays poorly when he's mad

So he's like the anti-Jumbo.

Jones is having a game

Bench Dillon, try using Ryan more.

We're about to get shut ****ing out

Has Kane had a good game since game 1 of the playoffs?

We should just forfeit every game after a win until game 7. The rest is more important than this garbage.

How the **** does this team repeat 3 straight game 4 shut outs?

I'm pretty sure Ryan played less than Dunn last game, I wouldn't hold my breath

The funny thing is, is that this type of officiating (which is obviously nothing new) is something to actually be upset about, because it's the refs clearly controlling the game. Rather than a simple missed call which has been explained many times as to how easily the specific one could be missed.

Feels like a damn shutout

Dillon isn't great but a lot of that is because EK65 has taken a step backward defensively compared to the regular season.

Meir has been pure **** all game

Just shoot the puck! no more fancy passes to nobody

Meier not looking so hot tonight.

If Mackinnon had Robert Thomas on his wing would he go on to have a better career than Gretzky?

This is old school sharks lots of harmless shots and bad passing.

Yea time for shot Volume

Page number: 23

Yea I don't see this team scoring.

Blues have shut down the zone entry wide, especially hard on the right. Sharks haven't committed to changing anything though and definitely don't want to chip and chase, which honestly they should have done and emphasized by the staff by now.

Blues come back down 2-0 last game, while we can't ****ing hit the net and when we do it's an easy save binnington sees.

I don't expect it to happen, but Dillon is just lost positionally. It doesn't matter what his partner is doing, he's a mess everywhere.

Martin Jones keeping us in this garbage offense no show fest. Score a goal damn! You guys playing like you earned something but in reality you haven't give your fans a complete performance all playoffs yet.

It's like Groundhogs Day but in series form. This is annoying.

Sharks just need 1 and the Blues will start feeling the pressure/

Hertl needs to pick it up, however more importantly will Kane or Pavs do literally anything to help?

Good lord I'm tired of hearing about how the Blues were once in last and how great Binnington is.

I wanna see Ryan and ek65

Blues still committed to the layered forecheck. I see no adjustment by the sharks.

Next goal wins?! We're playing pretty good, I missed the first period though. I seen the goals, 2 awful bounces.

clang.

Burnzie is snake bitten

Cool, two posts now for Burns

Yup shut out coming, we see multiple posts every time it happens

****! Burns with 2 posts!!

The Blues are playing a great low-event game. It sucks that the Sharks got one bad bounce and a super tight call against while STL isn't getting called for ****. I'd feel better about the fact that SJ is losing a well-contested game if the officiating wasn't so obviously one-sided

Come on EK65...

All of these series are gonna be groundhogs day, aren't they?

Not to be that guy, but .. we all had a feeling, every ****ing game 4

Jumbo having a throw back game. Can't believe how good he looks tonight.

Just no finish

Come on score here

Page number: 24

Best game 4 shut out loss of the season.

EK65 lucky that wasn't a break away for the blues... Very dumb play.

Feels like one of their most dominant periods this playoffs and they got nothing

Wow, Pavs takes a stick to the mouth with like 20 sec left and no call.
Is Hertl injured or disinterested?

Soooo many misses

Kane has zero hands and needs to be demoted. I don't think it's a lack of effort but he's a huge detriment to that line.

You know this team can't have everyone clicking at the same time

At least we didn't give up one in the 2nd. Liked that period a lot better from a zone time and scoring chance perspective.

I think he's hurt, that whole line has been a total zero since Game 2 this series

Yeah - but that's hockey. Sharks are a good team and they'll manage to keep sticking with it. If they can keep playing like this, they win the series.

He's playing like a decent 4th liner right now

This game is so frustrating the fact they're down 2-0 on bs goals

Probably injured, from carrying his line all playoffs

I feel way less stressed playing from behind than trying to hang onto a lead

Lol, too real

Playing like **** since he rolled into the net

And honestly the simpler game of the 4th line and their weaker comps could be good for him. As he is now he's too weak on the puck to win 50-50 battles defensively and can't shoot or stick handle offensively.

He should have been swapped for Donskoi eons ago

Kane - Pavelski - Donskoi
Hertl - Jumbo - Labanc
Dooo iiittttttttt

And yet still infinitely more noticeable and dangerous than anyone else on his line.

It's because as a Sharks fan you've subconsciously already decided they've lost, so there's no real risk.

Unreal, how can a team this stacked have this much trouble to score? Like WHY CAN'T WE HAVE GAMES WHERE WE DOMINATE? This is something that never changes with this organization... forever lethargic. There doesnt seem to be a cure for any of this...

On the plus side, the 5pm start time means the game will be over before I get home from work so I won't have to watch another game 4 shutout loss.

Really dont need to get shut out and have to worry all game 5 if we're gonna be able to score on Binnington.

Page number: 25

Can't say may much wrong with that period just didn't score

I think it's simply that the first 2 lines are getting shut down by the Blues. We seem to be getting a lot more outta the bottom 6.

Death, taxes, and the sharks getting shutout in game 4s

Win game 1, Lose game 2, fight back to win game 3, shutout game 4. We like to keep a game plan consistent.

It's coming, I can feel it....

Two or fewer in jeopardy

May your optimism be rewarded.

Kane hasn't done **** all playoffs and ignoring jumbo

I love Kane but can they sit him next game for maintenance and play Radil?

NBCSN commentator just said he'd let Jumbo touch his twig at the end of a day

Dont worry, well give up an open netter 10 seconds after pulling Jones.

The shut out?

Just need to get one early! We got this!

Jesus christ, that's so ****ing hot

I'd dbl shift kane into bottom 6 to sneak a goal

I wonder if he realized what that sounded like out of context.

Probably would pay to touch MacKinnon's

I want Kane to score more than anything just because Binnington is a racist

Dude has been absolutely invisible, for a guy that has talked about wanting to play meaningful hockey his whole career, he's been garbage the the past 2 runs. I don't care whether he's injured or not a lot of players are injured on this team and are way more productive than him.

Roenick, Sharp, and Barbie dressed all in blue. Subtle.

I'm going with another posters prediction that next goal wins

Not just that, but a guy who described himself as a winner.

If you are to believe rumors sharpy let a lot of people touch his stick when he was in Chicago

Page number: 26

I'm amazed he scored 30 with the way he's been playing

It's perfect that he's on a team in the South then.

And if nobody scores it goes to OT. Sharks score on a high stick in OT to win 1-2.
I like it!

Really?

Proof? That's a big accusation.

Been fairly impressed with the 4th line. Hope this allows them to roll 4 more consistently going forward, but down 2 it's double shifting time.

**** no. Radil thinks its a non check league... He sucked when he last played.

I will seriously laugh so hard if that happened at this point

He's a glorified third liner at this point, I would have much rather have kept Nyquist over him.

Pavs with Jumbo, oh boy

I hope he scores 4 and we get to see the Thornton unit.

Look up Jordan Binnington tweets

Being as non-political about it as possible, some site dug up old tweets of his that were...questionable...in terms of immigration and foreigners. Some saw them as xenophobic.

That wasnt a hold on EK65 or anything refs...

It's the stuff that Gackle reported and got fired for. They're edgy xenophobic comments from like 7 years ago.

Meir can't hit the pacific

Those tweets of Binnington's that Gackle dug up. The ones that maybe got Gackle fired because rooting through someone's twitter to air decade-old dirty laundry is kind of a scummy thing to do.

This should be fun, if after 10 mins its still 2-0, you have to give Karlsson and Burns free offensive reign

He should use his hand

Looks like a nothing Burger to me.
As a kid I said stupid things I regret and I am grateful I didn't have social media to forever document my stupidity.

yeaaahhh... we're not winning this game

I don't like putting Pavs on Thornton's line. He's too slow

I love the quick turnaround on Kane. He scores 30 this season and all is forgiven. Now in a dozen games or less he's (maybe) hurt and suddenly he's the worst thing ever and his contract sucks and why can't they just fire him into the sun.
It's fun.

Since when is St. Louis in the south? I know its a French name but they are in Missouri not Louisiana

Pete disagrees.

Page number: 27

Awesome. CBC/Sportsnet is advertising Battle of the Blades is back.
I'm not normally one for many reality/competition shows, but that was always great.

Karlsson can't make a pass this game.

He's struggling, likely due to wrist injury but that's more reason to give him worse matchups

Burns-Karlsson ought to get the Lebron James deployment, just play the whole friggin game

Who cares what you do in the regular season when you're constantly injured and do jack **** in the post season.

You're right. I said a rude thing that's not true.

I don't wanna see Vlasic and Braun together

So did Binnington

Who could have predicted this?
It's fine. After the game Pete will talk about how they never expected to win 2 games in STL.

Seriously dilly

Our shots get blocked or go wide or hit the post

Bench Dillon.

****ing Dillon has tanked

Sigh...

Is Dillon gonna do anything other than take stupid penalties?

Dillon is a moron

Brendan Dillon has no brain

Dillon slaughtered our momentum.

Sell it maroooon.....sell it

Ya....I think that stick hit Maroon in the chest, cool

This guy needs be benched

wtf is wrong with dillon, always getting penalized

And just like that momentum goes because of Dillon stupidness

Page number: 28

Didn't look like it hit his chin...

Considering what you do in the regular season is what gets the team to the playoffs, it's necessary to care. a 30 goal season has to be worth a few wins, and could've been worth the difference between the Sharks finishing where they did or getting worse playoff positioning. Who knows.
Besides, the point isn't simple criticism of being disappointed in his playoff performance. It's that the criticism was there to start the season, disappeared as he performed well, and now that's all forgotten as it shifts back to criticism. That sort of jekyll and hyde approach to evaluating players is bogus.

the blade hot Moron's shoulder and he grabs his nose ?!?!?!?

Too bad they "missed" the high stick on pavelski at the end of the 2nd.

I might be a couple drinks in, but did the replay show that Dilly caught the shoulder and dude swung his head back?

Karlsson hasn't been perfect but he has been fantastic

Should be a 5 on 3

What a joke never hit his face

Must score here

0-3 on high sticks

Fantastic is the perfect descriptor, he's like a mythical creature who appears and vanishes at a moments notice

Why aren't burns and Karlson out there?

Kane needs to throw some ****ing hits out there. He has opportunities to paste guys to the boards and just ignores them. I don't care how hurt he is, he needs to make those hits if he can't score.

New Spott PP strategy

Just freaking score!

Agreed, he's not setting guys up or playing defence, so it would be nice if he could at least provide something, anything at all

Nobody is finishing checks. It's all stick checks and poke attempts.

This game is ripe for the taking. The Blues drained the tank in the first. Though it's looking like it will require a lucky bounce to get one through tonight.

Spott actively sabotaging this team

Gooooaaall

Sharks back in it!

Una Mas!

YES MF'ING YES!!! PAVS!

OMFG A PP GOAL!!

5 seconds of EK65 and burns on the same unit they score Haha

Page number: 29

HOW MANT SECONDS OF KARLSSON AND BURNS ON THE PP WITH BURNS IN THE OV SPOT DID IT TAKE TI SCORE
LITERALLY LESS THAN TEN

Wait what

Pavs! Hopefully we can tie it.
Edit. Actually Hertl!

Lol EK65 and Burns on the same PP and they score 10 seconds in. It's not rocket science

An entire goal!

Finally!

This has to get overturned. We can't score in Game 4.

Hertl will get credit! Aww yeah!

Pavelski or Hertl!!!

But....

Nvm

nyquist and kane cannot finish period

Yes!!!

You can not make this up

Hey Burns in the one timer position. To the surprise of no one, it looks better.

Never mind, he set the points so they could one time the puck.

Wooooooooooo

This is dream

God damn it my 0-3

Well, no shutout in game 4 so that's progress

Hertl in that zone entry was some Steph Curry ****

i choose to remain uncelebratory.

Blues look like they watched some Sharks tape on how to protect a lead. They're vulnerable, just need one more

HAND PASS! ITS A HAND PASS!

That dangle Hertl used to gain entry was sick. Rarely do you see an NHL player fall because they get juked out of their jock.

2 or fewer still in jeopardy tho.

Page number: 30

Hertl the ankles of that Blues player had a family. A FAMILY

i wonder if kane is ever gonna score again

Suck it Blais!

Lotta pressure now, keep it up! Push push push and give us another goal baby!

Blais can't catch a break

I need a gif of that Hertl ankle breaker.

I would normally agree but with how Jumbo looks tonight I can live with it. I like adding Donkey to the Hertl line more than I hate Pavs and Jumbo.

I don't feel bad when dirty players get hurt

How does getting hit in your head feel Blais? Not quit the same head.

Sure my comment was a little hyperbolic, but I stand by it. I don't care if you lead your team in points goals, and assists in the regular season none of it matters if when the time comes for the post-season you crumble. Kane's last goal was in a game 2 loss against Colorado, he has 8 points and is a -5, for a player getting paid 7 million for the next 7 years much more is expected than just a "good" regular season.

How much better has Karlsson looked

Here we go! Another PP!

We need Burns and Karlsson together on the PP

almost did not call that lol

This is our chance to take this series over

Let's. Go.

LETS GO!!!

Let's go

And now tie it dammit!

What, a call?

There goes the momentum

you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Thhiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssss much!

Horrible pass EK65

What the heck... no trip there

Page number: 31

Let's gooooooooooo repeat that PP

Blues self destructing right now MAKE THEM PAY!

Jones! Ugh Burns...

Karlsson killed it with his dumb turnover

I think that last swipe should be a penalty because reasons

**** EK65 hurt again.

Burns looked bad that entire shift.

ek looks like hes in pain

ftfy

Deboer playing him the whole 3rd

This feels like a dumb time for a timeout

All year.....

Same

"55 seconds to go in the San Jose Penalty"
It's like a reflex for the announcers.

It hurts him to not be home in Tampa Bay.

They weren't gonna use it for anything useful so whatever.

And of course back to **** on the PP

Imagine this playoff run with an average powerplay

Heads stuck in ass on that PP

Steve Spott doe

Even better, imagine it with 2016's PP

Now that was dumb.

Dillon **** off

FFS DILLON WTF?!

I forgot Nyquist was playing

Page number: 32

Dillon is just killing it today.

Why even pass there...

Short bus play......
Let's put the puck at the bench during the change

WTF are you doing, Dillon.

Dillon is ****in horrible

If that's too many men, that was just an idiotic passback by Dillon.

Hope it isn't too many men. Ref Jose, don't fail me now.

Lol Dillon...like really?

Our coaching staff would fail out of preschool
I wouldn't trust these morons to make hand turkeys

What a ****ing joke what happened to players going off for a change?????

Dominating and once again that moron commits a penalty

Lol why Dillon, you're literally staring at the line change

Dillon has a potato IQ

I don't know if it was or wasn't but for ****s sake

Dillon is worse than Pollak

Shorthanded goal coming up.

2 or fewer is on the line here.

The old garbage pail kids
Dumpster fire Dillon

I missed the Karlsson injury re-aggravation. He hasn't played since it happened, has he?

I also wonder why Jumbo played the puck if he was going for a change and why the heck Dillon passed it like that. Not smart play by our guys.

Scratch Dillon for Haley

Sharks need to hunker down and kill this penalty, and then push it to OT to finish them.

Can Dillon just sit now.

Idiot Dillon

Hertl shorty incoming

Page number: 33

How dare you bring Semenov into this!

Could use one of them shortie goals

He came on for the PP but struggled mightily. Looked like the game against Boston

He tried to "play".

Should re-sign John Scott for the backend

Dillon needs to go to the quiet room

That's 3 penalties caused by Dillon today

I was thinking Dustin Brown but maybe just his face

St. Louis singing Country Roads is so cringeworthy.

We are scoring in the last minute AGAIN!

At least it's not Sweet Caroline.
Or anything by Pitbull.

kane is garbage

I can't even imagine what was going through Dillon's mind as he passed it directly into a line change.

It's close to West Virginia.

My wife walks by and goes, "why are they singing that?" I say I have no idea. "Are the in Virginia?"... nope.

The 2 goals STL scores the Sharks scored for them even if they don't win I'm not too disappointed

Ugh Karl ded

My comment was the weight that broke his groin.

Congrats. Biggest overreaction today

Nice drive to the net by Kane, and then he got knocked down by the ref

I really wish Erik Karlsson was healthy

11x8 for 20 healthy games a year!

Let's start cranking out some shots on net gents!

from the point!

Sportsnet's mic setup is garbage. 90% of the time all you can hear is goobers banging on the glass.

Page number: 34

Ryan won't know what to do playing in the 3rd period..

Timo can't do **** right

Just give the puck to couture... he will grit it into the net

ek might be done

Blues aren't that good. I think we still win this series.

What happened to ek?

Karlsson stays hurt

Yup, Karlsson is done. Real unfortunate.

RIP EK65's groin

Clean face off
Win better throw him out

we can't even get possession in the offensive zone smh

Is it groin for EK65?

You know someone's really hurt when Ryan gets 3rd period minutes

Won a clean faceoff. That can't be right. Bring it back. - Ref

So EK done for the season?

I missed what happened to Karlsson. Did it look like he tweaked something?

EK back on the ice!

Getting some good looks...

The Blues are the only team I've seen willingly go for end to end goals on empty nets.

GG...

RIP 2 or fewer

How is burns not dead

How was that not a ****in ice?

Those 2 stupid fluke goals killed us

I feel real good about this series compared to the other Game 4s

Page number: 35

Good Game. Could have gotten some more calls, but we knew what was coming today.

We have to be better than this because STL isnt playing great hockey.

Sharks still only scored 1 goal, not easy to win with one

Benni kind of stole that

Two or fever is dead

Play like that for the next game and we win. That was domination from the second period on

Well, strong game. Hopefully, EK65 can go for the rest of the playoffs.

More concerned about Karlsson's health than I am about losing this game TBH.

We're winning in 6

Well like I said SJ was the better team.

Well, weren't shutout in Game 4, that's a net win lol But the concern is now Karlsson... if he's hurt, we're ****ed.

So they scored the game winning goal on a phantom penalty. Any controversy there? Of course not

RIP #2orFewer. I liked our game though, especially after the 1st. Sadly 2 own goals were the undoing on this one.

Inb4 Deboer says they didnt expect to win both.

Yup yup

Karlsson has been **** anyways who cares at this point

That was embarrassing. Their mental game was gone because of the first. They all had happy feet the whole game after that.

Oh ****, didn't even realize... that's a bad omen...

Real ones know 2 or fewer died in game 4 against Colorado.

Sharks got outplayed. Still sucks that the GWG came on an undeserved PP, but the Sharks had opportunities to take it back and didn't.

The Sharks dominated the last 2 periods of that game. 30-22 were the shots and that doesn't include them missing the net 25 times to the Blues 4 or 5.

Lotta boneheaded plays tonight. Still kept in the game. I still like our chances. Let's win it at home
If we would just tighten up and focus on our game we win this series in 6.
Still ****ing frustrated though

Sharks will win game 5. Blues played like **** for two periods.

I missed the first period. What a domination job. If somehow we consistently play like that, we win this series.
I'd be so confident if I knew Karlsson could play like the second period for the rest of the year. Unfortunately, I don't even know if he will play the rest of the year...

It's weird for 2 or fewer to die in a game where we scored 3 goals
Whatever, the meme was stupid anyway

Page number: 36

I feel like home teams never win day games in the playoffs

He has 16 points

Sharks score all 3 goals and loose. They need to button it up, and be more disciplined around their goal.

? Sharks gave up more than 2 goals that game.
inb4 EN, that still counts.

Oh well, a series is supposed to be 2-2 after Game 4. Encouraged by how bad STL played tonight. Sharks beat themselves but Game 5 should be a good one, can't wait.

The Blues were fantastic on defense today - they took away a ton of scoring opportunities but the Sharks kept on coming. Blues obviously expended more energy in this game so I think the Sharks can come back and win 2 of 3.
The D-men needs to really shore up their game. Braun with a terrible penalty kill putting the puck in his own net and Dillon with a terrible game overall are the two items that really needed cleaning up.

Outplayed? they outshot the Blues 30-22 and in the missed net department like 25-5 which included 2 posts.

It technically didn't die in that game, but it basically did. That's the point I'm trying to make.

damn did not see what happened to EK65????

Sharks didn't make his job difficult. The one time they crashed the net they scored.
He made the easy saves, the post made the hard ones, and his defense kept the front of the net clear.

Lmao seriously, some of the hate he gets is ridiculous. He was great tonight.

Well we held them scoreless guys we had three guys score for us just two of them were own goals

He's been far better in this series than the Avs series.

If then post is making saves the goalies in position

Sharks best players need to be better. Pavelski, Hertl, Kane (though I believe he is injured), and Timo have been MIA.
The forward lines I noticed the most were our 4th and third lines, and that's sad.

By STLogic we can remove the two goals that went in off sharks players and Sharks win 1-0.

I'm not sure what game people are watching if they think Hertl wasn't good tonight. He wasn't perfect but he got a goal and got some good chances. His linemates just suck.

The Blues D stole the game today. Jones made a lot more difficult saves but NBC always puts the spotlight on the younger players

Karlsson is held up with gum at this point, so frustrating. Hope it's nothing serious

Karlsson has been ass defensively, but our offense doesn't look like the juggernaut it occasionally has without him, to say he's been bad is missing the forest for the trees

I feel like Pavs is the only one actually invisible and not useful. The other guys are disappointing cuz they can't convert good opportunities.

Nope. He got beat twice on Burns shot. One of which hit the inside of the post and bounced out.
He made the easy saves.

I'm happy with the split. Probably deserved to lose last game and win tonight. All is right where it should be

Meir was pathetic, if he doesn't miss most the chances he gets he'll up there with couture leading with goals

Page number: 37

Kane has just not been good. Hertl was better in this one. Timo didn't have his best game but as a whole, he hasn't been disappointing by any stretch of the word.

I thought that curl and drag move to get it towards the open net by Meier was unreal. Too bad he couldn't finish but to create that in the first place was something else

im not worried about losing this. If EK65 is out, thats a huge blow, but we still have a lot of strong skaters out there. what would probably kill us is if ek65 keeps trying to play like jumbo did against the oilers. id rather just run burns 29 minutes.

Too many shots that missed the net. Binnington has to be made to make saves not watch shots sail over the net.
Even with that, we're even and it's best if 3. Again, home ice, which we earned is in heavy play.
Go Sharks!!

They fought till the end, both blues goals were lucky as hell. Im confident going into game 5.

He was pretty good in the Avs series defensively. The whole team was, really. There was that one game where Compher scored a bunch and he got really frustrated, but even then he wasn't at fault for most of it. I'd have to check but fewer goals were allowed when he was on the ice than any other Sharks defenseman in that series and the same is true in this series. 2 against while he is on the ice in this series, I think. Not bad given the minutes he's eating.
You had to expect the Sharks would lose this game for a bunch of reasons. I feel they lost it well, though.

I won't feel too confident until we get an update on Karlsson's status. He's more important to the team than people realize.

Thats easily the best game 4 they've played so far haha

He's pretty much done. He was basically done in March tbh. It's amazing he got as far as he has.

Lol you expect an update?

Yeah that's where I tend to stand as well. I think we can beat St. Louis with Tim Heed in the lineup but I'm not so sure about our chances against Boston.

Well game 5 starts at 12 PM on Sunday so we're going to hear the lineup then.

EK is going to have to sit out a whole year to be healthy again

If he's done the season is basically done

Winner of game 5 wins series

I wouldn't go that far.

Yup we're done, karlsson looks like he's done

Going home tied 2-2 with the Sharks being the clear better team overall throughout the series IMO it's the Sharks series to lose.

But honestly, can you say that many of those 30 shots were dangerous? The Blues did a great job keeping the Sharks to the outside, and the Sharks did a poor job of getting to second opportunities and the kind of inside pressure they need to be successful. If they play that kind of game 7 times, St. Louis wins the series. The Sharks needed to play more like period 1 of last game and they didn't.

I don't feel as optimistic as you. Our 3 good dmen are declining Vlasic, gassed Burns, and a 40% Karlsson. It ain't looking pretty.

Neither team is beating a rested bruins squad so this series is more or less pointless IMO.

We're gonna really depend on Ryan, Dillon and Heed now getting more mins with Burns getting over 30 mins? This **** over and even if we miraculously get thru this series Boston is going to abuse our d with 4 lines deep

What am i missing here. Is this speculation that ek65 is done or was something said? I get that he was benched

Meier's hockey IQ isn't quite up there yet but neither was Hertl's when he was 22. Hertl is a beast now. He was 67% on faceoffs today!

Did Burns look gassed to you tonight?

Page number: 38

Highlights of him clearly looking like his groin is ****ed again

We might get past the blues but I don't think we'll beat the bruins without him. It's kind of a numbers game at this point, Kane and pavelski are close to done. We don't have enough offense.

Didn't he light up into Dillon a few games back? Perhaps he did it again after Dillon's brainless cross-ice pass?

That wasn't a coach's decision.

I'd bet against that in a heartbeat. The Blues had two fortunate bounces for goals tonight, and that allowed them to try and protect the lead for two periods. They played well for like half a period.

Yea, but not any more than he usually does. So silver linings I guess.

Clutch Couture will show up next game.

Oh...great

Karlsson even unable to skate was still creating offensively Just insane ti me

Melker Karlsson had a pretty bad game today. He rushed a few passes when he had more time than he thought. He's been invisible the entire series. He's going to be one of those guys who will need to turn it up if we make it to the Bruins.

Yeah it was. His IQ and passing ability is simply at another level.

*GWG scored on a phantom hook PP*
Main board probably: SeE wHaT haPPens WhEn ThE ReFs DoNt GiVe Sj tHe GaMe

To be honest they played better than I thought they would. They didn't have any reason to play hard yet they did. Couple of lucky ass goals for the Blues and a faux hooking call that the Blues capitalized on. At no point watching this series have I thought the Blues look scary. It's all on the Sharks whether they win or lose. Shame to waste such a great game from Jones though. I like their chances at home next game.

Qft

I dunno. For a while it felt like our health might be on the upswing after spiraling downward in the Vegas series. But now if Karlsson is hurt that primes us for a downward spiral again.

I'm so annoyed I'm watching Game of Thrones in Spanish. Tu sabes nada Jon Snow.

We're screwed without Karlsson. People are underestimating his value to this team. He's leading the playoffs in assists, 2nd on the team in minutes, and one of the few who can make a tape to tape pass. Dillon is trash, Braun looks dead tired, and Deboer doesn't trust Heed or Ryan. Even if he's not playing that well him eating up 22-25 mins is valuable. This just means more minutes for Burns, Vlasic, and Braun while Heed and Ryan get 5 mins each.

That might make the story better.

Karlson could barely skate on the 6v5 he's hurt again. I just wanna know when it happened

The Blues looked superhuman in period 1. Obviously, they can't sustain that type of energy which leads me to think they've probably tired themselves out.

Sharks showing some heart. You gotta think half the team is mince meat at this point. I know every team that goes deep is playing banged up, but damn. If EK is out that's gonna be a problem. If they pull this off, they'll be limping into the finals.

You know it actually does.

We going to see Vlasic-Heed next game?

You sure we didn't win 3-0 on account of putting all the pucks in the net?

My sentiment as well.

Page number: 39

As much as I think Karlsson is supremely important to this team, the fact is that at 5-on-5, the team controls a significantly larger share of the high danger chances, expected goals, and goals with him off the ice than they do with him off the ice. This is despite Karlsson taking 60.35% of their faceoffs in the offensive zone and the team taking 42.72% of their faceoffs in the offensive zone without him.
However, through just the Colorado series and this one, the team controls a larger portion of the goals with Karlsson on the ice than they do without him but they still do better in expected goals and high danger chances without him.
I think that's more due to Dillon and Karlsson's poor play during the Vegas series than it is due to Karlsson actually being a problem at this moment but the numbers don't lie. We'll see what happens.

Tim Heed to the rescue

I'll take a gimpy ek65 and heed over dilly right now

Most stacked team in sharks history... injuries and Steve Spott ready to **** on our cup hopes. I really want to know what DW is thinking when watching this power play with this much talent. The blues just pressure the player with the puck and because everyone is standing still there is no where to go

Even if we somehow make it past the Blues I'm already getting flashbacks of Marchand skating past a broken Karlsson for a breakaway. We probably can't beat Boston even if we're healthy. Without Karlsson? Forget it.

I'd take Ryan or Heed over Dillon. Ryan didn't look bad at the end.

It's gonna be the Pittsburgh series all over again. I think we can beat Boston if healthy but problem is unlike Boston who gets contribution from all 4 lines we have guys going ghost for periods of time and never can the whole team play well.

He fell or got crushed along the side boards in the defensive zone around the 9 min mark of the 3rd. I'm guessing it was then.

Boston getting contributions from 4 lines is kind of a new thing though. That really wasn't the case for most of the regular season.

Why are we talking about Boston? Focus should be game 5 vs blues and nothing more at this point

I remain convinced that the east was a far easier path to the Cup Final once Tampa went out.

On a side note, am I the only one who thought Colorado seemed to be a tougher opponent through 4 games than St. Louis has so far?

Blues, as they've always been, are a paper tiger. They dont scare me at all and if we were healthy we'd take this in 5 easy.

This is gonna go all 7, regardless of which team wins. Again.
Boston is certainly better than any team we've played thus far. Don't like our chances.

Yeah - I have that same feeling, though the Blues play better team defense than that Avs so it's harder to come back on them.

Blues aren't fast and seem to allow slow teams a lot of ice time. It's like a match up dream for the sharks. Mackinnon is fast as are their D at getting up in the play. If the Avs had a bit more depth there is no way we beat them in a 7 game series.

Were winning this in 6 and hopefully karlsson is ok

As much as it's been said I have no words on how to explain my frustration with the sharks PP. you gotta sit here and wonder if the sharks had a competent power play, we are already in the Stanley cup finals . Incredibly ...incredibly ****ing awful.

Spott will be back and better than ever! Spotter special baby

I wish PDB would tweak it more often. It's as if he doesn't like practicing unless they lose. A lot of the issues are things they've experienced last two series and the regular season as well.

Whoever comes out of the west will be the hardest team Boston's faced since round 1, and even then Toronto had some major flaws. Health and rest could end up deciding it.

Outplay your opponent in every way - lose. Classic.
****ing lame...

well most of colorado was just terrified mackinnon would score. blues are good at limiting grade A type chances. i cant even think of maybe more than 4 or 5 that were just really good chances. lots of net front scrambles and tips and stuff. but neither team really had a 2v1 or 3v2 or anything. wont be like that in SJ. offensive games favor us even without karlsson.
hard to say, but im glad we have home ice advantage.

Of course the Blues won. These series' must go as far as they can.

Page number: 40

This run is going to end due to the extra mileage (energy/injuries) due to an inability to string multiple wins together in a row and the god awful power play. Such a shame

What does this mean? Every team should be playing hard for the Stanley Cup.

The bruins are going to bury the corpse of whichever team makes it out there of this series in 4. I blame the coaching staff for the lack of urgency. Deboer said that he hoped to just steal a game in St. Louis before game 3. Such a terrible mentality.

It's more reality imo. Blues are a solid team with experience.

Procrastinatin' Pete DeBoer
I think Karlsson and Burns were the only urgent ones today. In the 2P 4v4, those two sat for 10 seconds and jumped back into the in-progress attack. Even Couture looked a bit sapped. He usually plays with an edge in these lackadaisical games.
In a crazy way, dragging out the series might buy some healing time for upper body injuries. But, either way, Boston will be fresher if the Sharks get that far.

SCF schedule announced.
Game 1 -- Monday, May 27 at 5 p.m. PT in Boston
Game 2 -- Wednesday, May 29 at 5 p.m. PT in Boston
Game 3 -- Saturday, June 1 at 5 p.m. PT in San Jose or St. Louis
Game 4 -- Monday, June 3 at 5 p.m. PT in San Jose or St. Louis
Game 5 -- Thursday, June 6 at 5 p.m. PT in Boston (If necessary)
Game 6 -- Sunday, June 9 at 5 p.m. PT in San Jose or St. Louis (If necessary)
Game 7 -- Wednesday, June 12 at 5 p.m. PT in Boston (If necessary)

Can we do whatever Cersei did to the Mountain to Karlsson? Or did that already happen last series?

The Karlsson injury takes place at 9:51 of the third during a power play. He attempts to make an innocuous looking stop behind the Sharks' net and his right leg gives out. You can see him react and basically look down at his leg. After that he can't push off anymore. When Bozak knocks the puck past Burns and goes in on a breakaway Karlsson only pushes off with his left leg in pursuit. It doesn't look nearly as bad as what happened against Boston in the regular season, so hopefully he can play next game.

Doesn't sound great though...
Man, I'd maybe play Heed depending on the situation. He was good down the stretch, he's fresh, and giving EK65 a couple of days off might make a big difference.

barnburner wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:34 am Wow! Sharks fans seem to be the biggest whiners in the league!
"They didn't make it to finals in 2004 because Roloson was a diver, the Sharks were the better team" That is what the first sharks fan I ever met said to me about hockey.

It hasn't gotten much better from there. They're pretty entitled to act as if they deserve the cup, year in year out.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:41 pm
barnburner wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:34 am Wow! Sharks fans seem to be the biggest whiners in the league!
"They didn't make it to finals in 2004 because Roloson was a diver, the Sharks were the better team" That is what the first sharks fan I ever met said to me about hockey.

It hasn't gotten much better from there. They're pretty entitled to act as if they deserve the cup, year in year out.
I don't hold it against them too much, as they are fed that line by the national media for years. SJ has been the Western Conference NHL media darlings for years and years . Outside of having a local NBC broadcasting affiliate, I'm not sure why, especially considering the Kings and Ducks are in the more populous SOCAL.

Maybe it's their cool teal colors they love? Or is Jumbo Jo really that loved outside of SJ...and except in St. Louis, LA, Anaheim, Colorado, etc.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:34 pm

I don't hold it against them too much, as they are fed that line by the national media for years. SJ has been the Western Conference NHL media darlings for years and years . Outside of having a local NBC broadcasting affiliate, I'm not sure why, especially considering the Kings and Ducks are in the more populous SOCAL.

Maybe it's their cool teal colors they love? Or is Jumbo Jo really that loved outside of SJ...and except in St. Louis, LA, Anaheim, Colorado, etc.
I think you're on to something. Teams on Comcast/NBC owned regional sports networks (Sharks, Blackhawks, Capitals, Flyers) get more games and hype on the NHL national schedule each year.

barcthespark wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:08 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:34 pm

I think you're on to something. Teams on Comcast/NBC owned regional sports networks (Sharks, Blackhawks, Capitals, Flyers) get more games and hype on the NHL national schedule each year.
That makes sense now, but the anecdote I shared was from the Pre-Comcast Sports Network days, 6 years before they even bought NBC (I worked for Comcast when they bought NBC, we would get free NBC stock, and tickets to either Universal Studios each year).

From Korac - slightly troubling

And then there's the status of forward Robert Thomas, who has missed the past two morning skates but hasn't missed any games.

Thomas played just 10:09 on Friday and had two shots on goal; he played less than two minutes in the third period.

"He’s playing," Berube said of Thomas. "At this time of year, there are a lot of guys who aren’t physically healthy. We just try to keep his maintenance as low as possible, keeping him as healthy as we can. A lot of guys are banged up, but that’s the thing with him right now."