GDT WCF Game 2: Blues @ Sharks, 8p, NBCSN/KMOX

NHL wrote:Preview: Game 2 at San Jose

GAME 2 AT SHARKS
When: Monday, May 13 at 8 p.m. CT
Watch: NBCSN, NBC Sports App
Listen: KMOX 1120 AM, NHL App

Sharks lead best-of-seven series, 1-0

The St. Louis Blues played an uncharacteristic game for much of the opening contest in the Western Conference Final on Saturday, falling 6-3 in Game 1 against the San Jose Sharks. It wasn't until the third period that the Blues finally got to their game.

"I thought that third period, we got to our game, we were aggressive, we were on the forecheck, controlled the puck in the offensive zone," Blues defenseman Joel Edmundson said. "Overall, they were just a better team. We'll be ready for Monday."

"It wasn't our best game," Ryan O'Reilly added. "We didn't take care of the puck well enough. They outplayed us tonight… It's disappointing, but we have to respond. It's a long series, and we know we have to be better next game."

Logan Couture and Timo Meier each had two goals and an assist for the Sharks. Edmundson, O'Reilly and Tyler Bozak scored for St. Louis, who fell behind to begin a series for the first time this postseason.

THEY SAID IT
Pat Maroon
On what went wrong in Game 1
"We gave them everything I thought. We didn't play our game. They capitalized on our turnovers and their chances and they buried them. Those are easy fixes and you just have to get back to work. I thought in the third period, we got back to our game and you can see what we did to them…(Game 1) is over, just throw it out. Nothing you can do about it. This is a team that bounces back and we find ways to fix our game and elevate our game."

Robert Thomas
On falling behind in Game 1
"We're not worried. We've had our backs against the wall the entire second half of the year. We know we'll respond. I was happy with our third period, but it was a little too late. We'll bring that into Game 2."

David Perron
One day after Game 1
"There were some good things, just not enough of it. They were the better team and it's Game 1. We have to make a few adjustments and I think it's on each individual to bring it and just be a little bit better."

BLUE NOTES
Edmundson recorded his first goal of the postseason in Game 1. It was his fifth career postseason goal… O'Reilly has six points in his last seven games (one goal, five assists)… San Jose's Joe Thornton (1,566) and the Blues' Jay Bouwmeester (1,184) rank second and third in regular-season games played among active players that have yet to win a Stanley Cup… Seven of the Blues' eight playoff victories this season have come by one goal, which is the most one-goal victories in a single postseason in franchise history.

Re: GDT WCF Game 2: Blues @ Sharks, 8p, NBCSN/KMOX

T.C. wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:02 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:49 pm
BluesSK wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:29 pm Even if the defense plays half assed decently we can win so don't screw it up guys.

Hope they replace Tarasenko's smelling salts with something that has a little more kick to it.
Uncle Jori's special salts
fuck it, give him bath salts so he tries to eat thornton and burns.
The best teams always play hungry.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Vladi needs to show up tonight ....we need him. Matter of fact he might want to pull a common minor league hockey stunt from the early 1970's and just shit his pants right before game time in order to keep the Sharks away from him. :lol:
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Harri McBain wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:41 pm Most of you sound like the Blues are the better team, but had just a bad game 1. I don‘t see it this way. IMO the Sharks are the clearly better team right now and win this series easily in 4 or 5 games.
But I hope you are right and I’m going to have some FTP work to do the next 10 days. 4 FTPs would be great ;)
I'm not convinced the Blues are the better team, but I think they are much better than they were Saturday night. I expect a big bounce back tonight. If it's not enough to come away with a W, that's not great.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Harri McBain wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:41 pm Most of you sound like the Blues are the better team, but had just a bad game 1. I don‘t see it this way. IMO the Sharks are the clearly better team right now and win this series easily in 4 or 5 games.
But I hope you are right and I’m going to have some FTP work to do the next 10 days. 4 FTPs would be great ;)
Blues did have a bad game one. I expect them to be much better tonight. The Sharks are the faster team for sure....clearly better?? not sure about that. Lets wait at least one more game before claiming they are clearly better. Bottom line...Burns is better than Petro and Pavelski is better than Vladi...those are just cold hard facts. They have a good team with some great players for sure. If the Blues lose tonight, they are likely facing elimination for game 5 for sure.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

I just didn't see the Sharks really create anything on their own. They scored on a 5 on 3, two bad giveaways by Blues d-men and an empty net goal.

Don't get me wrong. The Sharks are a good team, but I don't see the Sharks being three goals better if the Blues play up to their standard. I can also seeing the Blues wearing down the Sharks as the series continues. It is far from over.