Devan Dubnyk

Is this guy showing everyone how good he can be with a solid D in front of him? WOW

With Minnesota:
25 games
19-4-1
1.67 gaa
.937 %
5 shutouts

He has been a HUGE factor in Minnesota getting back into the playoff race and now moving up in the playoff standings. Should be an awesome game this weekend!

Re: Devan Dubnyk

rudy4u51 wrote:Is this guy showing everyone how good he can be with a solid D in front of him? WOW

With Minnesota:
25 games
19-4-1
1.67 gaa
.937 %
5 shutouts

He has been a HUGE factor in Minnesota getting back into the playoff race and now moving up in the playoff standings. Should be an awesome game this weekend!
I wonder if there's an insane Minnesota poster that calls Dubnyk crap because he played poorly on bad teams in his past and will be out of the league in a year because players never improve?

MissouriMook wrote:The Blues need to use this opportunity tomorrow night to remind him of the goalie he used to be. Was there ever a time that the Blues did not own the life of Devan Dubnyk?
I hope he gets shellacked. Should I start or bench him on my fantasy team?

StL Dan wrote:
MissouriMook wrote:The Blues need to use this opportunity tomorrow night to remind him of the goalie he used to be. Was there ever a time that the Blues did not own the life of Devan Dubnyk?
Bench! You can come back here and yell at me if i'm wrong. :lol:

Jaeger wrote:I see that DD is "expected" to play tonight against the Ducks. Wonder if they give him the night off on one of the two back-to-backs.
I'd imagine he is going to start both. 2 huge games for Minnesota.
I don't think he has been on the bench for over a month. (maybe I'm wrong). He played back to backs march 5th and 6th against Washington and Carolina. Also Feb 9th and 10th against Vancouver and Winnipeg.

Dubnyk is listed to play tonight, 2nd game of a back-to-back. But, I think whether or not The Blues win will be more to do with how both teams' skaters play. The Wild should be a bit tired from their tough game last night. The Blues should come out skating hard, and with a relentless forecheck, to take advantage of the situation.

I followed Dubnyk in Juniors and had hoped the Blues would draft him. I had a feeling he could be a very good goalie. Unfortunately the Oilers picked him three spots ahead of the Blues. The Blues then went with Marek Schwarz (most of us remember him and his short NHL career). It was sad to watch Dubnyk play for the Organization where prospects go to wither and die. I am happy that he is now with a much better run organization.

The guy was just rock solid tonight!! It didn't seem like he had to make that many great saves, but as lazy as the Blues were around the net tonight he really didn't have to. I mean how many rebounds were just laying there begging us to take a whack at them tonight and we just didn't want to work hard enough to get to them. Just my opinion!

ledzeppelinfan1 wrote:
plagers4ever wrote:... and I would not look forward to facing Dubnyk in the playoffs.
He seems to be square to everything...doesn't give much to shoot at.
Yes! He certainly positions well. So, why did The Blues not drive the net more, with more support crashing the net, to jump on rebounds, and get bodies in his face for screens, instead of sitting back and trying to make the perfect pass, and shooting 40 foot passes into his chest?

BluesFan2015 wrote:The guy was just rock solid tonight!! It didn't seem like he had to make that many great saves, but as lazy as the Blues were around the net tonight he really didn't have to. I mean how many rebounds were just laying there begging us to take a whack at them tonight and we just didn't want to work hard enough to get to them. Just my opinion!
Quality of shots vs. quantity of shots. Our best opportunities hit the post tonight. Can't blame Elliott for obvious miscues and defensive lapses (Michalek bump of Vlad comes to mind).

Devan was a rebound giving up machine tonight. Any other team than the Blues and it is a blow out. Color me NOT impressed.

Why is it that only Reaves knows how to park his @ss in front of the opposing goalie?

How is it that guys set up camp in our crease like its a KOA site?

Someone needs to get Walt to talk to this bunch.

Below is the proper view for an opposing goalie.
Butt in face.jpg Butt in face.jpg Viewed 19080 times 9.46 KiB

He was very good tonight, but it would be interesting to see how many of those 41 shots would be considered quality scoring chances.

The Blues weren't making him move side to side and were getting very few(if any. None stick out in my memory the next morning) 2nd and 3rd opportunities.

We have to have someone banging in the garbage goals in the playoffs.

Thanks for jinxing the heck out that game, Mook!

rudy4u51 wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
I'm PISSED at you and Mook!!!!! :mrgreen:

StL Dan wrote:
Raise your hand if you saw that coming?

[chirp]
[chirp]
[chirp]

That's what I thought. ;)

MissouriMook wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
Raise your hand if you saw that coming?

[chirp]
[chirp]
[chirp]

That's what I thought. ;)
I'm all better now that I had these for lunch today:

rudy4u51 wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
I'm PISSED at you and Mook!!!!! :mrgreen:[/quote]

Well you win some you lose some haha. I'll take the Blues offense over Dubnyk next time too!