Re: Game 1 - St Louis Blues at Winnipeg - NHLN - 7:00 - Wed 4/10

Cotton McKnight wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:39 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:34 amJets are in for a rude awakening!
I want that to mean we destroy them, hoping their rude awakening does not mean we wake the beast!
Yup! They've got a whole new Blues team they are about to be greeted with.

My hate of Big Buff is probably going to grow by each game. Maroon and him are probably going to become very familiar with each other.
Just a Russian propaganda account

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:46 pm We're going to eat Jets for breakfast!!!

I know a lot of folks are scared of this team, but we match up very good with them imo. Hellybucky is easy to get off his game if you get in his face, so big rig, Schenn, Steen, and Schwartz/DP57 need to park their ass so close to his mask he can smell the Dingle berries.

Blues in six: WLWWLW

Let's Go Blues!!!!
Really curious to see DP57 this post-season His ghost act in the playoffs previously is well documented. It's why I was so against his signing. If the Blues want to have success this playoffs, he's going to have to be a big contributor and can't disappear.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:19 pm
BluesSK wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:11 pm I would say it's a toss up right now as to who is favored but what is interesting to me is that the Jets have more question marks around the team than the Blues have. What a turnaround half a season made.
Toss up? The Jets have a lot of fire power. I say the Blues have their work cut out for them. Laine scored 30 goals this season....29 vs the Blues.
It should be fun. A strong case can be made that the Jets are top heavy with their firepower while the Blues are a team that's deeper. No denying the talent of Laine, Connor, Wheeler, and Scheifele. But after that? No one scares you. Bryan Little? Bozak had nearly the exact same point total in 9 less games and no one is raving about his offensive prowess. Ehlers? Schwartz had the same point total and many want him gone. Perreault? Dunn outscored his bitch ass.

If the Blues can hold that top line in check, which Parayko and JayBo have shown they are very capable, the Blues should take it.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:25 pm
BluesSK wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:11 pm I would say it's a toss up right now as to who is favored but what is interesting to me is that the Jets have more question marks around the team than the Blues have. What a turnaround half a season made.
Toss up? The Jets have a lot of fire power. I say the Blues have their work cut out for them. Laine scored 30 goals this season....29 vs the Blues.
It should be fun. A strong case can be made that the Jets are top heavy with their firepower while the Blues are a team that's deeper. No denying the talent of Laine, Connor, Wheeler, and Scheifele. But after that? No one scares you. Bryan Little? Bozak had nearly the exact same point total in 9 less games and no one is raving about his offensive prowess. Ehlers? Schwartz had the same point total and many want him gone. Perreault? Dunn outscored his bitch ass.

If the Blues can hold that top line in check, which Parayko and JayBo have shown they are very capable, the Blues should take it.
Steen and Schwartz better earn those paychecks.

barcthespark wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:14 pm
rudy4u51 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:07 pm Ah the NHL Network. The only fucking channel that no one gets unless they have cable. smh
I couldn't believe when I saw that the only game in the first round on NHL Network is a Blues game. I guess I'll be listening to it on the radio like the old days. That and using Gamecenter on nhl.com, Twitter and this forum.
Games will be on Fox Sports Midwest too for first round: https://www.foxsports.com/midwest/story ... ced-040719

Guys, off topic a bit here. In the last 4 months I have passed my FAA Instrument rating, Commercial Rating, and I am supposed to be studying for my Instructor rating which is approx May 19th. It is a mountain of information and I have to be able to spit it all back out and sound smrt n stuff in front of an examiner.

I will be watching the games, but every other waking moment my face will be deep in these books.

Let's Go Blues!

I am most concerned about WPG's speed. We didn't play well against AZ that night mostly because they were quicker. Tight D and getting quick chances off the rush is where we need to be.

39hurricane wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:42 pm Guys, off topic a bit here. In the last 4 months I have passed my FAA Instrument rating, Commercial Rating, and I am supposed to be studying for my Instructor rating which is approx May 19th. It is a mountain of information and I have to be able to spit it all back out and sound smrt n stuff in front of an examiner.

I will be watching the games, but every other waking moment my face will be deep in these books.

Let's Go Blues!

I am most concerned about WPG's speed. We didn't play well against AZ that night mostly because they were quicker. Tight D and getting quick chances off the rush is where we need to be.
Weird the Blues are playing the Jets at this juncture in your education.

storey13 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:35 pm
rudy4u51 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:07 pm Ah the NHL Network. The only fucking channel that no one gets unless they have cable. smh
I couldn't believe when I saw that the only game in the first round on NHL Network is a Blues game. I guess I'll be listening to it on the radio like the old days. That and using Gamecenter on nhl.com, Twitter and this forum.
Games will be on Fox Sports Midwest too for first round: https://www.foxsports.com/midwest/story ... ced-040719
:dancingbanana:

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:25 pm

Yeah, but it’s going to be a physical series and that Petro-Fies me if you know what I mean.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:56 pm
39hurricane wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:42 pm Guys, off topic a bit here. In the last 4 months I have passed my FAA Instrument rating, Commercial Rating, and I am supposed to be studying for my Instructor rating which is approx May 19th. It is a mountain of information and I have to be able to spit it all back out and sound smrt n stuff in front of an examiner.

Let's Go Blues!

Weird the Blues are playing the Jets at this juncture in your education.
True that; congrats 39hurricane on your progress, and best of luck on your upcoming instructor ratings test/exam.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

BillP. wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:19 pm National media keeps saying it’s the first playoff meeting between these 2 teams just because it’s originally the Thrasher organization but that’s bull shit. Blues and Jets did meet up back in 82 and won that series 3-1.
it isn't the same organization. The 'old' Jets are now the Coyotes so all their records and history went to Phoenix/AZ.

Just because you don't like something reported in the news doesn't mean it isn't a fact ;)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:27 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:19 pm National media keeps saying it’s the first playoff meeting between these 2 teams just because it’s originally the Thrasher organization but that’s bull shit. Blues and Jets did meet up back in 82 and won that series 3-1.
it isn't the same organization. The 'old' Jets are now the Coyotes so all their records and history went to Phoenix/AZ.

Just because you don't like something reported in the news doesn't mean it isn't a fact ;)
It’s all a technicality. The cities of Winnipeg and St. Louis have met up before. Good reporting would mention this.

storey13 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:35 pm
I'm out of area. Do you know if you have to be a subscriber to login?