FTP: Avalanche @ Blues 04/02/2019

Next win! Next FTP!

The original thread link is here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... 9.2628445/

Page number: 1

How many short handed OT goals does ROR score tonight?

Rantanen injury update?

Still injured. That's all we got...

Still upsets me that we likely could have had him for Jost/Bowers + 1st. Or perhaps 16 OA + Kerfoot or something along those lines at the draft last year. Seeing the sad package he returned and knowing that a division rival got him instead of us was the thing I hated most about last summer.
Could you imagine having Ryan ****ing O'Reilly on this roster right now and the only things taken away being Kerfoot who we all hate and Kaut who IMO was a bad pick at 16 anyway.

We have won 3 of our last 15 against the Blues

So what you are saying is that we are due for a win. Gotcha

Good thing we beat them when it matters...

Oh yeah, him.

Can you imagine how much it would have sucked to lose the final game against the Blues last year

I don't have a very good feeling about this game. Go Avs Go!

Jeez is that who the Blues have healthy at C? At least they had the depth to survive

I miss Mike Haynes

Must win?

"Sorta must get to OT"

It would be so fitting that we win tonight and lose to the Oilers. So fitting.

4-1 St louis win.
Most certain L for us from all the remaining games.

Just like Vegas, right?

"Day to day". Somehow.

He's not even practicing yet so until he does it's safe to say he's out indefinitely.

To me it makes perfect sense that day to day injuries can take a while. You basically have a condition that is either hard to diagnose, or can change on a whim. Concussions are day to day conditions, you just can't know when something will be fully healed.

It's safe to say indefinitely, by definition. Just sayin'.

Page number: 2

I'm sure there's a joke I'm missing, but Lindstrom?

Yep it's really sad. Having to go from Haynes to Moser is about as backwards as you can go. Moser is minor league.

It's Monday though, so we don't get Moser?

Our luck can't last forever. It's a wake up time tonight.

I never understood the need to troll, like what kind of mindset you have to have to enjoy making a fool out of yourself?

We can win if Grubauer shows up, and Mack does well. Just like every other game.

Game is on NBCSN. So no Moser for sure - but maybe Roenick. And he's a sooo muuuch bigger pain in the ass.

Starved for attention that you're not getting elsewhere.

I mean, it's a real throwaway joke, you should be able to follow.

Who's trolling?
I honestly believe we will lose tonight. I'm not hoping that to happen but that is the most likely outcome.

ummm, not sure how to say this...

I dont think we win tonight. I suspect a real blood bath actually. But hopefully Grubauer can prove me wrong.

You'd think, right? But you'd be wrong. Maybe I missed the Joak?

Could not disagree with this more. Moser's been fine far as I've been concerned. I've not been a fan of Haynes on the TV at all since they hurriedly promoted him after the Mystery, Alaska guy bombed.
That said I think McGahee has been phenomenal, wouldn't be sad if he took over TV down the road.

I liked it! ;-)

Stop trolling you troll.

You are so pessimistic you make other people cry and lose hope, please never ever become a coach.

I have a good feeling about them at least going to OT 2/3 of the games this season have made it to extra time. At that point really anything can happen, but either way if they get a point and set up for a possible 3 point b2b I'll be happy.

OH, FFS, 21, man up and stop crying!
Jebus.

I seriously want Landeskog to fight O'Reilly early in the game, let's win this game.

Yeah, I bet.

Landy is far from 100%. Shouldn't be fighting. Even against ROR.

Disliking pessimistic attitude before a game like this making me less manly?
Jebus

Page number: 3

lol ROR hasn't ever fought in the NHL to my knowledge, I sure hope he wouldn't pick Landy as his first.

I can't explain a nothing joke like that. You're gonna have to think about it.

I'm afraid you are right about Landeskog not being 100% otherwise I would have loved it, we need all ignition we can get.

Don't you dare disparage my girlfriend.

She a'ight

Check out this hawt picture of Alexis Perry:

If Rantanen isn't even practicing yet I think it's safe to say he wont be back for the nest 4 games and the only way we'll see him is if the Avs make the playoffs, and it's such a shame because he was on 130 point pace earlier in the season will finish the season with 87. I mean he wasnt gonna get 130 obviously but was hoping he would at least come close to 100

Let's face it. Lauren gave us her best years. We traded her when she had still some value left.

... the contract $$$s though.

I guess that the plus side, if Rantanen finished with over 100 points he would be getting the 11 to 12 mill contract, now maybe not as much

We don't have Kyle Dubas as GM

Much as I don't want to go through the whole "Duchene Cap" thing again but I'm hoping Rants looks at Mack & Landy's contracts and maybe his demands go down a touch. Either way I'd rather him out there earning that next contract instead of the sidelines during the most important stretch.

Well see. He won't be making less than 9 though imo.
Maybe 8.5, but I think that's optimistic.

What did we get exactly? An old "vet" that looks way better on paper?

This is going to be pure playoff hockey. Buckle up because you just know the Blues are going to want revenge for last year and they always play us really physical. Lets hope Zadorov ate his wheaties this morning, we are going to need it.

We need Kerfoot to keep putting up outstanding offensive numbers

If St. Louis wasn't going to the playoffs this year, I'd understand their extreme interest in making sure we don't make it this year.
But they're in.
Highly doubt their goal is revenge when they have meaningful playoff games to look forward to.
If they're playing for something, it's for home ice.

Probably want to win the division and home ice

Barrie is going to skate up to ROR and tell him that they aren't friends, demoralized, ROR accidentally scores a hattrick against his own team. Avs manage to lose 4-3.

Page number: 4

So...who the **** is starting tonight??

I never thought I'd like a BleedWell post

Neither did he. But that one was actually pretty funny.

Please win

Asset management. But now we're kind of missing a starter again. I mean it's better than Peter Budaj --- I mean Julie Browman, but...

Got to imagine that the Blues are thinking about game 82 from last year. Dish served cold and all that.

Has to be Grubauer, question is will he start tomorrow? Imagine Arizona loses tomorrow, Varly's last game in an Avs uniform clinches the playoffs for us.

I know Grubauer has been great, but it's been 10 games. Varlamov has been at that level for much longer stretches.
As soon as Gruabuer has a bad game, I would not be surprised to see Varly run with it.
I personally don't care who's in net, as long as they keep pucks out of it.

Grubauer gets lit up in game 1 and 2. Varly pulls a Holtby and leads us to the cup.

O'Reilly and Binnington weren't there for that game. Those two are the difference makers.

we're winning a hockey game tonight

They're just gonna put a pair of pads in net and hope for the best?

Can't get much wor.....oh that's right, that was a couple months ago.

That's Grub's pads if anyone is wondering. The real question is who starts tomorrow? Last B2B Grubs started both games. If we lose tonight Varly will start tomorrow I guess. He must be rusty.

ROR barely even hits. And when he hits its more like a loving embrace

We tried that in Dec/Jan. It didn't work.

Really need Kerfoot to continue being our MVP tonight or we are in big trouble.

Nate looks great wtf

That mustard jacket belongs on the joker not our Hart candidate.

And Barrie will be naked the entire time.

I see what you did here....

Z needs a raise. We're not paying him enough to purchase a pair of socks for Christ's sake.

Page number: 5

Nope I love it

Real men don't wear socks

The world would stink of feet if that were true

Two things.
1. It kinda does already.
2. Maybe guys who wear socks (like me) just aren't real men!

You aren't a real man unless you build a bridge to show your love with one hand while fighting off a bear with the other.

From what I hear a real man respects women. I always respect the hell out of my girl.

That's after you fight off the bear.

I get that not wearing socks (or wearing very short ones that don't show) is "in" these days, but it's just ridiculous when it's January in the north of Sweden and teenagers are running around sockless.
Also, I don't know when it happened, but I got old.
On topic, the prospects of this game are making me queasy.

Only reasonable way to do it.

I'm only 25 but I'm definitely elderly at the heart. I used to be hard into fashion but now I'm pretty much resided to the minimal/classic looks. I think it's just a waste of money, which my fashionable friends argue the other side and say it's a form to express themselves. Which I get but that isn't my thing, if I wanna express myself I'll buy a pair of 3$ colourful shoelaces.
Plus wearing something once or have a closet full of things you never wear seems like a huge waste and just doesn't sit well with me, environmentally speaking.

According to gambling odds, Oilers have a greater chance to beat the Knights in Vegas than we have to beat the Blues tonight. -143 vs -160

When you get to be double that age and look back on life you'll want to wear silly socks again.

Last Christmas I got my dad a bunch of cool socks, dude puts them on the second he gets home from work.

Grubs in net...

So the worst case scenario for the next couple of days is Avs lose tonight, Yotes beat the Kings tomorrow so the Oilers game will be the truly must win.

My kids didn't call at Christmas.

Or how about this: The Avs win tonight AND tomorrow while ARZ loses in LA,
BOOM. PLAYOFFS,
Let a little light in your life my man.

In their defense the way you post on HFB about the Avs they probably have no idea how you feel about them. Lol
On a serious note though, I'm really sorry to hear that. Family should be the most important thing in the world. Hopefully one day they will realize it.

I was looking at the worst case scenario, but yeah just win the next 4 games, that will guarantee playoffs

Real men dont wear skinny jeans...

Go avs!!!

Am I the only one not seeing a stream for this game? It should be active by now, but saying none available.

Game hasn't started yet FWIW.

Yeah, but they usually come up 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Fingers crossed.

Your stream will be in my thoughts.

Page number: 6

Yupp, not working on my app. Every other games does. Strange. NHL streams helps tho

Need to find a way to get these two points. Yotes next game is a free win...

It is on NBCSN, so National TV and streams will sometimes not start right until puck drop, unlike when it is on Alt

Yeah, that's my conclusion, as well.

Feel good about this one, wish Allen was in net though

longest start streak of Grubs' career? I did not know that.

That was awful, Cole...

A take fresh outta the oven, but Avs already look overmatched.

They just showed Barberio centering Landeskog. Is this real life?

Well, that was quick.

******* really???? In this kind of game????

Bozak and a 2nd..... Yuck

dammit

embarassing defense

Calvert...pathetic

imagine letting bortuzzo cutting through four players lol

Way offsides...

Who you covering EJ?

Offsides?

Offside! Lucky break!

Lucked out there. Tighten the **** up!!!

Not the start i was hoping for.

Way

Offside review must be called off

Wake up guys

Page number: 7

Good break

We might have gotten lucky here

Got a break there!

Gotta tighten up the screws, but that wasn't even close.

Oh yeah!
Hopefully that wakes them up.
And then Z smashes a Blue...

Zadorov to the AHL please

Come on, Z... God damn it.

FFS, Z

Damn Z

Shut up.

That guy went into the boards way harder than z pushed him...

Come on Z

Team looks totally ready tonight

Z has all the tools but a very shoddy toolbox

Still amazes me people see anything of real value out of Zadorov...

Yes, but still dumb by Z.

zad gets high sticked but still gets a penalty for something every dman does

Gruuuuuuu

We look god awful.

How do you not?

Nice chemistry guys...

Pierre makes me want to claw my ears apart

We just not covering the points at all I guess

I don't think we've had the puck more than 15 seconds the whole time

Just getting in. Just saw that we don't even have 1 sog...lol

Will we get a shot on goal? Tune in, in the 2nd period to find out!

Yeah, we're ****ed.

Page number: 8

Let's get something going already.

Getting killed so far...

Do we even have a SOG?

****ing Barrie. Wake up.

God damn.

what a god awful start lol. zero shots

Easy ****ing goal. What in the hell was the defensive coverage there?

Yikes

Yeah Blues came to play tonight, not good

That's some good watching, Barrie...

LBN is a ****ing idiot there.

This is gonna be ugly. Team looks like they're still in Denver

I love Pierre. He's awkward AF but he's good at what he does.

Brutal effort by Nieto on the backcheck.

Thats on Barrie. Yeesh. Basic defense there and he couldnt do it

Well at least is not a important game...

Horrible cross ice pass attempt that led to that goal. Avs look like ****
2nd game in a row they come out looking like **** with so much on the line

Barrie needs to tie up the stick there ..

No

Yeah, this game is gonna get ugly unless the Avs start acting like they want to do something other than golf next week

That's the second time Barrie just got muscled by the forecheck.

We look overmatched.

They are manhandling us. Bunch of boys vs men out there.

Go Kings!

Or at least make an effort

Yeah adios POs

Page number: 9

Barrie looked pretty worthless on that goal. C'mon!

Barrie is a bad defender

Both him and LBN in lala land there. Such a ****ing easy goal for them to score.

Everyone looks lost and hesitant and none of them seem to want the puck. Pitiful start.

I don't know if we were ever dominated like this in the 48point season.
We look awful. Blues look great as they do every single game. They're winning the cup and I'm gonna make a lot of money.

While we are outmached by STL, Tampa Bay is vastly outmatched by Ottawa as we speak

Even if we lose we have over a 60% chance to still make it. 90%+ chance if we win. It would make life easy if we win, so we obviously won't be doing that.

Yah we were and worse.

Is pos a play on words? Lol

ah yes the bednar blender has turned on

How do you come in here so lethargic and unmotivated?

ROR is a beast! What could have been

Hahaha oh goodness. Team literally trying to get ROR a goal there. MacK got walked hard.

Playing friends themesong. lol

8-0 SOG.....

Bring ROR back.

This could get ugly.

we never seen to beat STL . Sep the last game last season haha.

This is a Blues vengeance game

We're gonna end up getting shutout in shots at this rate

Haha i like that they played the spin doctors in the arena

Please stop trying to be cute and shoot the puck when you can. Please...

MacK bobbles the puck behind the net. Cool.

Why would he not just shoot that? No, better pass it back to MacK who's going behind the net.

Jesus if we could have a player like Paryako

Page number: 10

A shot would be nice.

The puck is a grenade apparently

Seriously... Just stop playing, forfeit this game and prepare for tomorrow nights game.

Well this is pretty ugly

I remember playing St Louis late that season, Avs had a bunch of guys out due to injury. Reeves was running everyone, just daring someone to fight him. That was way worse.

To be fair, they haven't even started playing

No puck control, horrible passing, no energy, seemingly no desire. Doesnt seem like anything new. How can you not get up for this game?

True.

Maybe they're taking my own advice from the start.... Although starting Grubs looks quite dumb in that case.

EJ looks like garbage.

Still no SOG after 12 minutes. Oh goodness hahaha.

Are we really this bad?

Blues hit double digit shots before we get even one...

Write this one off

This is gonna be like 5-0 very soon.

This is embarrassing. Where's the good damn effort at? Do they not know the yotes are only 1 point behind with the tie breaker?

what minute are we going to start playing?

This is why being a fan of this team is heartbreaking. Team's season is on the line and they don't show up.

This is a classic game the Avs win.

Yeah Avs not winning this. I'm already thinking about Kings hopefully beating the Yotes and Avs beating the Oilers

It's one of those nights where all our passes are hitting sticks, or skates. Please save us Grubauer!

Not that we are lucky or something.

Luckily is only 1-0? 1 lucky bounce and we're tied.

Whens the last time a team didn't record a shot on net in a period because its about to happen.

We never do anything the easy way. Remember we lost 20/25 games just to have the opportunity to play this game.

We're getting absolutely *****slapped

I'll take one shot on goal at this point, let alone a lucky bounce

Games like this where we don't show up to start is where I miss Roy and his ranting on the bench

Page number: 11

So much standing around like WTF are you doing?

We are literally moving at half speed. Why do they look so gassed?

Lol.. or guys are fighting over who is supposed to cover who

We look truly pathetic so far. Like a minor league team against a Stanley cup contender.

Yep, this is where Bednar is limited. I don't think he can say or do anything to change what's happening while Roy had a few weapons.

I don't even know what to say right now lmao. Zero shots?

We got a shot!

19-1 shots right now, counting blocked shots

Look how confused they look out there. Unreal and yes we should let the points continue to be wide open.

finally doing something!!

When was the last time MacKinnon legitimately took a game over?

1 shot after 15 mins - rekt.

I hope they won't ruin Grubs. Won't happen but I'd not mind throwing Varly to the wolves and save Grubs for tomorrow.

finally

Oh hey, shots! I'm going to need a few, too.

Three shots in the last minute.

Lol announcer "jost with the best chance so far"
Puck hits binnington in the chest

Alright we're getting going, only down 1-0, could be much worse.

Actually a good chance from Jost there. That bit of pressure started from Landy circling in front of the net and trying to jam that puck home without getting too fancy.

Isn't it amazing that he receives money for what he does?

It was a good chance. Wasn't a good execution.

Avs have been just flat out dominating the Blues these last 4 seconds.

2 shots now. We're getting ... erm ... come back to me later.

Boxscore is just going to make this comeback even more epic.

Pre-button hook days

Page number: 12

MacK makes a play... and the Blues are moving it out of the zone immediately.

Blues are wearing themselves out. Smart game plan!

Kill that ****, Z.

Rumble in the St. Louis jungle.

That didn't look good for Calvert

Is Landy kidding me with that play behind the net? Wtf...

Knee buckled, and he grabbed it as soon as he went down

Kerfoot can literally go **** himself...

lucky to be only down by one

lmfao kerfoot and not even a shot on the PP. Stick a ****ing fork in us, we're done

He's not healthy. You can tell he's avoiding contact.

these guys are morons what are these decisions

That was the most pathetic period of hockey I have seen from this team in awhile. The **** is wrong with you guys?

Kerfoot is even more ****in' useless than usual tonight, just try anyone else with MacKinnon please

15-2 SOG... oh goodness... it's a miracle that we're only down 1...

We have created the perfect psychological climate of overconfidence in the blues that we need to demoralize this team in the 2nd with goal after glorious goal.

These guys are going to pick our powerplay apart. Not good

Horrible. He also had this ridiculous one handed fly by earlier that allowed St Louis to stay in the zone. Even if he's playing injured that ****s unacceptable.

We've looked very good lately. Arizona was a mix of good and bad but prior to that we had a great run. Right now our heads up our ass and we need to get it out starting next period, plain and simple. Seasons on the line boys let's go.

I think I would prefer to be 4 on 4 instead of having him out there to be honest haha. How he broke up that pass from MacK to Landy pisses me off.

Need to adjust and come out flying

Just saving their energy for the 3rd period, no worries

No idea what they were trying to do there on the PP.
Awful first but only down by 1. But we need to have a different attitude the rest of the game or we're not getting anything tonight.

Just got home from work - is this an accurate representation of how we're doing?

He didn't even look like he was going to get hit there? He just held on to the puck too long and got every so gently stripped of it by Bouwmeester I believe it was....

Page number: 13

Hopefully the Avalanche are ready for a 7:00 MST start. With the Avs on the power play the teams looked more even, but I would still give the edge to the Blues.

**** off Pierre with that's the same hit as Zads. Zads guy was standing still. That hit was much more dangerous. I hope Calvert is alright.

MacK getting walked by ROR hurts my soul. Really wish we never lost him. In hindsight, dude was/is 2x the player Dutchy ever was.

TB up 2-1

Bright side, Tampa up 3-1 now

I would honestly rather have Landy not play if this is what we are going to get from him. We played better when he was out.

3-1 actually

At least Tampa is up 3-1 on the sens. Of course Kucherov has 3 assists.

In class, not watching yet. Is the game as bad as the box score looks?

Same thing i do to my wife twice a week....i kid I kid....sort of
Sorry ive had a few tonight

I see the Avs are still employing the turtle with the lead strategy they employed last game...except we haven't had the lead

Worse you are lucky!

Hit from behind. Two in the box. Give em the old Zadorov.

Really did not like that hit on Calvy. Can someone who is knowledgeable about the rules tell me why that is not 5 minutes for boarding?

Coin landed on Tails instead of Heads.

Atleast Tampa is doing well. Friggin leafs are embaressing.

Ive tried but the answer is always no lol

Was against avalanche. There's a whole subsection in the rules about that.

We really need a line that can just dump the puck in and grind the opponent out by cycling it. Hope Sakic sees this and realizes it can't be all speed and quick strike offense.

Zadorov don't ask. Zadorov don't wear no socks.

Ugh im gonna have to take micheals advice from arrested development
"Just gotta put my head down and power through"
Maybe the avs should do that too

The bus must've finally arrived to the arena.

WHERE IS RANTANAN?

Way better start. Where was that team in the first period?

Jesus kerfoot is sooo badddd

Page number: 14

I hate Kerfoot, that is all

**** Alex Kerfoot. ****ing terrified out there. When a guy stops skating like that to avoid a hit they should be stapled to the bench. Add in the fact that he's terrible and it's a no brainer

"Day to Days"

Great pass to no one, EJ.

I will give it a whirl without asking and if i get any grief i will just say
"I call it the no sock no ask zadorov"

Looks like we got notice that there's a game on.

Probably drinking like us....

Not sure what Mack was thinking on that pass

Remember early on in the season when the Blues were so bad, there were rumors of them just trading everyone on their team? I miss that.

yes, keep playing Kerfoot with Mack. Makes sense.

... til the end of days.

He actually beat Orielly clean on faceoffs and has had a couple decent shifts, including poke checking the puck off Orielly on the last one.

He was probably thinking Rants would normally be there. But Kerfoot and Compher just don't have the same chemistry with him.

At least we're in this game...

G spent all that time behind the net looking for the outlet pass only to turn it over lol.

wtf was that

The 2nd line lacks finish

why is no one coming to support Girard on the breakout. Poor guy didn't know what to do

he was waiting for players to get clear and it seems like none could? weird as ****

Haha you could tell from the look on his face that he was like "where the **** is everyone??!!". lol

how to beat the avs: apply pressure on the guy with the puck and he'll give it to you

MacK trying to dangle people but failing bad this game.

Wtf kind of weak **** was that Gork??

Put Lando back with Mack, Kerfoot is just an anchor

Time for Soda to step up, he's due.

Page number: 15

Binnington looks like a goalie on his way to a shutout.

Gonna need a really dirty goal, or a tip.

While Kerfoot hasn't been good, he's not to blame for Mackinnon playing like garbage. He's the one that's suppose to take over games.

Way way way better effort now.

Time for everyone not named gru to step up

We are due for a shutout come to think of it.

Not being able to trust his linemate affects Mack's play.

Much better so far. Need to learn to shoot. The main objective of hockey isn't to chip the puck around the boards 15 feet at a time, like the smurfs do non-stop.

I'm not convinced the Avs themselves have decided whether an early start to their golf season or post-season hockey is going to be more fun

Kerfoot has been better than MacKinnon

They all look super nervous. Or drunk.

Both have been pretty garbage to be honest but I get the feeling that Kerfoot almost does things on purpose...

They are at least doing better. I'd take a point out of this game

2-1 Isles late in the 3rd now. Hoping the Leafs blow it after the non-help they've been for us vs. Ottawa lately.

Especially if tonight is an indication.

lol. kicked JTC off the line...

Im usually super nervous when im drunk

Bednar's strategy: "Skate"

So COmpher was the problem Jared?>? Really **** off its kerfoot

What happened to JTC? He has no confidence and has looked so unsure of himself since the back to back with Chicago. Playing really poor.

Sheesh Soda, what a whiff.

Embarrassing too many passes

G needs to shoot there.

**** off with the highlight reel crap boys!!!!

Wonder when they'll fix their over passing issue

I forgot... Wtf good is nieto?

Page number: 16

Stop ******* over-passing, and shoot!!!

Bork is so ****in awful

Perron is a little ****

Oh my goodness that last rush....

Or ghetto?

Z kept his cool.

Zadorov would wipe the floor with Perron lol

That's twice Ghetto missed on a golden chance

Z taking names and about to crush a *****.

Ghetto is amazing at missing the net on uncontested shots

Landy must be still hurt

Soda's been pretty trash for quite a bit.

why does this always happen? they always lose the puck?

Great end to end. Now, shoot the &^$(*@# puck ffs.

Playoff hockey now. I love it.

this games intensity has shot WAY up now that the Avs decided to finally ****ing show up

No kidding!

Won't be pretty if this is our playoff hockey

Something thats kinda gone unnoticed for sure. Plays are dying on his stick.

I'm getting that vibe with the lack of calls too. As long as it's mutual I'm ok with this.

Hopefully that was Bednar benching Mack, maybe got the team riled up a bit. Playing much better.

I've got to give it them, heck of a response from what looked to be a proper beatdown commencing.

What a ****ing battle. Holy.
Too cute with it sometimes though.

3 scoring chances ruined by over passing. So incredibly aggravating.

10 games now.

Page number: 17

McGuire running the Z hype train.

"Johnson's shot...hits traffic".... That should seriously be a t-shirt or something sold at the Pepsi Center.

I honestly think he burned himself out from earlier in the season.

Haven't liked Barrie today

I'm sorry, did I just hear that "day-to-day" Rantanen is just starting to skate again?

Traffic or shin pads.

Yup, hasn't practised with the team yet. day-to-day with this team is anything from no injury to season ending lol

He'll probably be back when Arizona clinches the spot.

Much better period, keep it up

Great 2nd after an awful 1st. Avs hockey i assume. Now we need the 3rd to be as good as the 2nd and we'll have a shot.

Avs followed up one of their worst periods of the season with one of their best. Hopefully they come to play in the third.

Our lack of decent shooters is glaringly obvious when we have to battle this hard for chances. Painful.

On the bright side, Gru has been putting up prime Roy numbers for a while now, including tonight.

Much, much better period (hard not to improve on that 1st), but I'm not sure the Avs had a single decent chance, despite carrying most of the play. None of their shots looked particularly dangerous. Hopefully, they can fix that in the 3rd.

I understand the logic to an extent of saying it's an UBI under the facade that "people won't target my shoulder if they don't let people know my shoulder is injured", which pretends that Google isn't a thing.
What is the potential benefit of saying a guy is going to be out for a shorter amount of time than he actually is though?

I'm sure our possession numbers were real good, but nothing was dangerous.
Every play in the 2nd:
-keep the puck
-keep the puck
-keep the puck
-cough the puck

Its like being in the worst prostate exam

If they can get at least one point out of this game it will be huge

I don't know of possession numbers relating to anything outside shots.

I don't mind losing the game if the intensity doesn't disappear in the 3rd period. Not happy with the first period AT ALL, but at least they are now giving 100%
Avs just weren't ready for the playoff effort the blues pushed in the first. A good lesson

No one on this team is ever ready for pass or rebound in front of the net. I swear, they all look surprised when the puck goes right by them, assuming the pass isn't blocked.

Not sure what you are expecting. Blues are a damn good defensive team and an even better one overall. Avs are trying to create "something" - but it's a tough task. We need something dirty like the OEL goals on Friday.

The chance Jost set up right in the slot was really good but Binnington kicked out the left pad. Barrie had one down low off the Landeskog rebound as well. Just two off the top of my head.

Am gonna get scorched but have to give props for the positive takes on the game so far... instead of the incessant whining.

They just lost to the Rangers. We can absolutely beat this team. It'll be a shame if we lose 1-0 on a defensive screw up by Barrie.

We can win this one. Just have to believe in the heart of the cards.

Page number: 18

Just shoot from everywhere and see if we can get a tip or a bounce.

This is the cruelest April Fools joke yet.

5-2 Tampa. At least this ship has sailed.

At this point of the season this don't mean anything. WSH lost to Florida today.

Game over

Game

Game over.

That's all she wrote

Well you knew they weren't going to win forever. Just have to win in Edmonton tomorrow night.

Well, I guess we want to make the rest of the season a nailbiter.

Well, not the start of the period I was hoping for.

Welp.

way to get them fired up on the room JAred.

Bunch of losers again

That's it for tonight.

Piss poor from mackinnon

Always good to hear from you

On to tomorrow, huge game it will be

I think we're gonna miss the playoffs
Hot streak is over

Gotta run the rookie goalie...

Fine but you better beat the Oilers.

And back to the first period.

I dont know what makes Ian Cole think its a good idea to join the rush or pinch in ever.

Mack didn't even look like he tried on that faceoff. Actually several faceoffs in this game I've noticed that.

Back to the low energy first period wooooo ya nvm I'm pissed we lost

Kerfoot with another mid-ice unforced turnover.

Page number: 19

Ok well like I said, tomorrow's game is a must win or playoffs wont happen. Pretty sure Yotes are gonna beat LA who will be playing back to back on the road

Calvert with the stone hands lol

Yep, this is no good. Game tomorrow is a must win.

Kerfoot is ****ing awful. If he gets 4+ mil as a RFA I'll lose my mind

Im fairly convinces Nathan is never gonna improve on his faceoffs lol

I see STL is able to get away with everything. Normal officiating.

Back in it! Let's go now!!!

shot on net tip goal simple

This game over boyos... Look to tomorrow's I guess...
Edit: lol nevermind haha

Goal!

We did something!

okokokokokok!!!!!!

How was that not called?

Captain!!

I'll take it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ah, that feels nice.

Dirty goal does it. We OELing them today.

Y'all are some quitters let's go!!!!

Mackinnon takes one for the team and we score, way to go Mack!

I'm not going to even comment on whether or not they are getting away with anything...but on the list of reasons the Blues are up 2-1 at this moment has unequivocally, absolutely nothing to do with the officiating.

Lando!

Way to go Avs. Keep hammering.
Don't ever give up.

Pushing this game to at least OT would be huge.

Goal by Landees according to the ticker

Oh captain my captain

Re: FTP: Avalanche @ Blues 04/02/2019

Page number: 20

Landy! Game over Blues

Is that Landeskog's first point since returning?

Dont mind him. Anytime someone breathes on an Avs he thinks it should be called lol

I am not greedy, one point is huge for this game

I had to edit it right before I hit "Post Reply" 'cause well...Landy asked me to.

I need Mackinnon to get angry here, he's getting the star treatment, up to him to step up.

2nd I believe

Nope...he doesn't need to get angry....he needs to actually play some hockey the way he is capable. I've seen angry MacKinnon and that **** won't help the team at all.

MacKinnon is starting to piss me off in the defensive zone, he's becoming a liability.

Need to keep putting pucks on net like that.

"Brayden Schenn and Craig Berube have been on the same team for 8 years. Phillip Grubauer doesn't know that, but Brayden Schenn and Craig Berube do."
When your word count doesn't meet the minimum set by the teacher.

I miss rants bad

That was a good shift by Landeskog

Lol Z runs into LBN on that rush. Oh brother...

Biggest issue that I'm seeing: Inability to pass from the backend.
We only have two defenders that can consistently make passes out of their own end. This is a problem.

Kerfoot needs to really gtfo...

Parayko has shut Mackinnon down. Hes done it all season

Also, wish the Avs had just one or two heavy forecheckers. Not seeing much concern from the Blues defense about getting physically challenged.

Holy ****.....16% of the Avs goals have been deflections? Does that include the goals against? That seems really high.

As bad as we are at controlling the puck, I don't think I'd pull Grubs....

I'm two years the avs are gonna be ****ing good.

How is that not holding or interference?

Girard despite his size, it really good at breaking up plays. I hope he stays with the Avs for long time.

Lol Cole got sooo walked right there. Huge save from Gruuu.

Page number: 21

GRU!

Mackinnon is drunk

Mackinnon is killing me.

Come on MacK! Can't whiff there!

Z BOOOM

bar ****.,

MacKinnon has been pathetic tonight.

Parayko has gotten to Mackkinon

Great fight. No doubt about it.

Horrible.

Ugh... millimeters.

ooooooooof REAL rough night for Mack

2 pings tonight that kinda game

At least this turned out to be a much better game after the first period

Dude is a physical freak. A guy that huge shouldn't be able to skate like that.

He doesn't look right. Sumthin up..

Parayko playing Mackinnon like Markov used to play Jagr.

Landeskog is an absolute stud. And people ask why he's Captain and not Mackinnon lol.

Regardless of the outcome of today, they need to bring this type of compete against the Oilers tomorrow.

Would be nice if we could pull an arizona and at least get this **** to OT

Such a nice tip. MacKinnon needs to wake the **** up here.
Already expecting a lost face off to end up in our net.

I want a point, just one.

I feel like MacKinnon will be sitting on the airplane later tonight singing,
"I was gonna play a hockey game until I got high
I was gonna get up and find the net but then I got high
Our chances are messed up and I know why
'Cause I got high...

Landy crossbar and huge hit by Z. At least this game has been worth watching to the end.

ROR stripped Landy like nothing and clears it. Damn I miss ROR

Page number: 22

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWW

kerfoooooooooootafdhisfa'pofsdpofsedsaf4z vg

****. Yeah.

OMG KERFOOT!!!!!

HAHAHA HOLY S***!!!!!

Mister Garbage Time!!!!

SCOREE KERFOOT, OMFG

I love you smurfoot

scxooooooooooooooooooooore

Da Fooooooottttt

KERFOOTTTT

Hell ****in yaaaa

This is the Arizona game in reverse

YES! YES! YES!!!!

Klutchfoot!!

WOOOOOOO!! And it's our favourite boy! BC native, Harvard graduate, Kerfy!

BIGGEST GOAL OF TEH SEASON

RESIGN THAT MANNNNN

YESSSSSSSSS

****ing yes, **** yeah

OMG!!!!!!!! Tie game!!!!!!!! **** yeah!!!!!!!!!! LOL Kerfoot with the goal... FML hahahahaha

Woooooooooooooooot! **** you St. Louis!

Hell yes. Never f**king give up.

OUR CLUTCH HERO

The bullying worked!

Kerfoot League MVP.

ALEX KERFOOOOOOT

Enough ****talking always works.

Page number: 23

Man Landy is one beautiful b*****!

THE HEART OF THE CARDS!

WHAT A REDEMPTION STORY. TOLKIEN COULD HAVE WRITTEN THAT UP

**** ROR

WE LOVE HARVARD

**** it. Give him 3 million next year

Kerfoot our lord and saviour

Garbage time!!!!!

Please get to OT.... PLEASE

I was JUST about to ***** about his pass to nobody to the point lmfaao!!!

God damn it Kerfoot, I'm trying to hate you right now!

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner!!!

I take back everything bad I said about Kerfoot.

Kerfoot with his biggest goal and the captain proved his worth tonight big time

Come on get this to OT

Nice call bro

Kerfoot pushing us in the playoffs. Love it.

Time to show us what you learned in practice this week boys.

Huge point

i was gonna write som **** when Kerfoot cleared that puck then he redeems himself. Landeskog started this comeback I dont wanna hear no **** about this guys leadership anymore.

OEL'd them indeed

Kerfoot...did something clutch

Come on shootout!

There, the Avs got back that extra point they gave away to Arizona.

Page number: 24

Trade Kerfoot. He is awful

Hell yas.

This is the single biggest point this team has earned this season. Absolutely huge. Not to get greedy though but if they can get another....

So re-sign Harvard boy? Wow.
This kinda makes up for what happened last game.

I can't believe we got a ****ing point.
Love the dedication and no giving up for pretty much the entire last 40 minutes.

A win would be great yes but man this point is huge right now

Classic Kerfoot!

hahahaha I was just in the middle of writing the same ****. LANDY is a ****ing BEAST. Willed us that damn point

So proud of this team, what a way to show up after the 1st. Wow!

GUTS ALL OVER THE PLACE

Wow!!! Unreal boys that was amazing!!

He's earned a game or 2 buffer

Musta been the "œKnuckles" Kerfoot & my grandson exchanged before the AZ game.

Now we can lose in OT!

Got your wish!

Basically, Yes. WOOT!

OMG lol

What a ****ing great game in the 2nd and 3rd!! What a ****ing effort!!!!

I would legit be happy with a OTL right now.

Kerfoot continuing to pad MacKinnons stats.
**** I'm happy. I can't believe it.

Kerfoot the savior

None of this happens without Viking Mode.

Anyone who questions Landy's leadership qualities needs to ****

He really turned it on this third.

don't even care if we lose now, huge effort to get that point

Page number: 25

Great game. The loser is going to deserve a point.

k

lets get the extra point boys!

Lol yah BRING ON THE OTL.
WE LOVE THAT **** IN COLORADO

I love this. I remember how this time of year used to feel and this is AWESOME!
Of course, I liked it a bit better when we were already sure of getting in and strategically giving some folks a day off here and there but damn it....**** college basketball....this is the real March Madness!!!

Kerfoot only gets points in the last minute it seems.

Did we learn how to play 3 on 3 yet?

Blews have crazy good coverage.

GRUUUUU

Damn it.... Z with so many chances...

cmon Z you had

MacK.... you can't get walked like that....

gruuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Jesus MacKinnon turned that 2 on 2 into a 2 on 1.

Gru man...GRU!

MacKinnon... Love ya but come on.

HOOOOOOLY CRAP....what chances! Best of the season.

Seems like we are just determined to not improve ROW

At least the ROW won't matter if we keep getting the points

Z assaved a goal

Yuge stick there by Z

Wow

Great OT by Z and Brassard

Z had a great OT. I feel like MacK wasn't on for long besides that one chance.

I love Z in OT. Saves a goal

Brass is good defensively.

Page number: 26

Nathan had a wide open net to end it damn

I picked the wrong month to quit taking my heart medication.

Yes!

Great stick in the lane!

This teams' shot selection in OT is extremely frustrating.

Soderberg, Brassard and Z were the best line in OT.

Could have used the ROW but just get the extra point in the shootout

Wow Zadorov playing 3v3 over Girard, and he played well.

Mack thinking hard about what move to use

Z saving our ass twice there.

LOLOLOL

At least Avs learned to play more structured 3 on 3 for the last couple of OT games

Love the hustle from Brassard, missed the net giving the puck to the Blues but worked his ass off on the backcheck to break up the rush

They may not have scored, but the Avs were the much better team in that OT. Better late than never, I guess.
Here's hoping for some SO heroics.

I've always wanted to see Z in OT. Our other D get exposed by bigger guys too easily.

Jesus Pierre Oilers are in Vegas playing right now!

Someone tell Pierre that Edmonton is in Vegas please

Gruuuuuuuu!

By far.

GRUUU

Can't believe we even got to this point

Man. I would love to face in the Blues in the playoffs. Such a good game.

Why is McGuire keep saying Oilers are in Denver watching this game? Oilers are playing tonight

**** you O'Rielly.

Landy copies RoR but fails

Did not bring our shootout game...

I still like ROR.

O'Reilly of course...

Go **** yourself, ROR...

Page number: 27

Landy should not be taking these SO attempts until he's fully healthy. THere is something still bothering him.

Point on the line and you had Ghetto go third? You dumb ****.

Why not Brassard

Damn. One point is alright I guess. Arizona can still leap us with win

Boo-urns

Oh well, got the point....

Why Ghetto? ****

OTL, our greatest weakness.

Exactly what happened the other night!?!? smh

why ghetto........WHY GHETTO

I.Don't.Even.Care.

Didn't see Sven scoring there.

Meh. 1 more point than we deserved.

Ohwell a point we did not deserve. Thanks Grubs

Easily take the point especially after that first period

Yeah Ghetto with the 3rd chance is questionable at best.... Regardless, thankfully we got a point out of that.

Sven???? Are you ****ing kidding me Bednar

Gutsy performance there to come back and get the point. Binnington was amazing in the SO, all those shots had a chance to go in.

Yeah, who!?

Barrie is the best shooter after MacK, so why **** isn't he going?

Sven had it and it flipped and rolled over his blade.

Dang. Sucks to have made it that far and then come up short. But I'll take it. Avs were lucky to even have a shot to win. A point is more than they were about to get.

Possibly the worst game I've seen MacKinnon play in two seasons.
(and he was still dangerous)

Questionable shootout lineup at best.
Appears that Bednar is as uninterested in them and gives as little ****s about them as most people. Unfortunately, that attitude can cost the team precious points.

Are we really gonna complain about Kerfoot? Lol

Page number: 28

Sven came close

fire bednar tf was that literally the biggest single shot this season, and while i don't hate ghetto, that is not the time to be cutsie bednar

0-1-3 vs Blose this year?

Compher, Jost, Soderberg, Brassard, Barrie. I would have used all these guys before Ghetto

Hey we fought back and got a point, Mack just missed that chance in OT. Great comeback, onto the next one.

Ghetto going 3rd in SO makes you realize how big Rants is for this team.

Biddington didn't get any of that, Ghetto just choked.....

Stole one point, could've stole another, bring this effort tomorrow and they should come out with a win.

Ghetto... really?

Man I would've put Compher there the guy can score in a breakaway. Why freaking Ghetto ?? Sometimes Bednar's decisions are weird.

Stupid to put in Ghetto but I'll take the point. Win tomorrow please

This should be enough, just get one win in the next three games, no way then does Arizona win 3/3.
Really need some firepower for OT, that's where the Rantanen injury hurts cos MacKinnon and Landeskog were the only guys who looked like they could do someating

2 points up on Arizona.
We were supposed to lose this game and did, but we got a point.

Kerfoot scored a goal that matters

Yeah he looked real bad out there tonight.

Lol

Exactly. Was literally a divot in the ice that thew Sven off

I wouldn't. They would dominate us.

Gotta say I can't be upset we snuck outta this with a point when we were belly up after 2.
I was hoping for Brassard or JT 3rd shooter
Ghetto is mediocre on his best days
O'Reilly will always come back to haunt us always

Wait holy ****....Did JR just try to say something about the Avs and Bednar?

Who's complaining haha?

Should have been the 1st shooter in the shoot out......

Why did Pierre keep saying Edmonton was sitting in Denver watching this game? McDavid is watching MacKinnon in his hotel room?
They're in ****ing Vegas playing the Knights lol

Another nice thing as that point basically eliminates the Wild. They essentially would have to win out and have both Avs and Yotes lose out the rest of their games

Not gonna lie, I didn't mind the Ghetto decision.

Well yah, we got a point lol

Sven scores if the puck doesn't roll

Page number: 29

Well, we aren't winning in San Jose, so we gotta hope someone steps up against Arizona.

LOL Pierre is such a clown, never liked him.

I'd have been ok with that

I did because he didn't score

Arizona has the tiebreakers...if the Avs only win 1 out of the next 3 and the Avs don't get a single point in the other two, then Arizona needs 4 points out of their remaining three games to get into the playoffs. And they get to play LA tomorrow.

Hope the Oilers get **** faced tonight in Vegas.

SJ can't even beat themselves in practice right now, and Karlsson is behind schedule.

They wouldwin a lot of games if they put forth the effort they did in the last 2 periods. Theyd would lose alot more if they played like they did in period 1.

NBSN guys don't know ****. Pierre mentioned Edmonton was waiting in Denver multiple times, when Oil are in LV for a game tonight. And JR says Avs have Zona in ROW, when they are tied, and Zona has the tiebreaker in head to head.

The captain once again raises his game in these high stake games. He was excellent last year too down the stretch.

I'm guessing they jump on a plane right away considering how close Denver is

Neither did MacKinnon and Landeskog. Ghetto's chance was actually the best of the three, the puck just rolled weirdly

What the **** are you talking about? We had a weak first but the 2nd and 3rd were great.

Oil officially eliminated with Avs point tonight.

Didn't get to watch. But why did it have to be ROR?!
Also, super glad we got a point after looking at the box score at the end of the 1st.

Thats why im hopeing they can somehow get **** faced before they board. Hopefully Mcdavid gets into a scuffle with TSA and Leon joins the fray.

Also said it was Landys first SO attempt of the season when he was just in last game

Yeah I don't ever question a coaches choice in a shootout. It's obviously something that they do in practice and some guys may have fell in love with a new move or shot that works every time or something.
The shootout order is one thing it's hard to argue since you don't see it done in practice. In this case Ghetto actually had it but the puck skipped on him. Bednar probably saw that move 40 times within the last week.

Grubs completely stood on his head and kept us in that game. We did not deserve that point lol
But I'll gladly take it.

Not sure if you are giving me grief or not but in case you are, I jut wanna say I think his should or whatever is still limiting him to a certain degree. He's capable of playing...but sending him out on a penalty shot when you other more healthy players? Especially after how badly he botched the attempt the other night? I'd have gone off board and sent either Girard or Barrie. I'm thinking it's Landy's shoulder that is bothering him and while he's a warrior and will play as long as he isn't tearing it up further, that doesn't mean he's the ideal guy to be taking a shoot-out attempt in the first three rounds.

Guess they have nothing to play for tommorow. Dangerous.

You too, huh? Shots were 27-26. That's a pretty close game in my book.

Andrighetto played a good game.
He made a good move and beat the goalie the puck just rolled on him.

Ghetto is Diet Kerfoot, less calories same bad taste

So he forgot the Oilers were playing tonight...what a clown.

Did you watch the game? Hell did you watch the first period? If not for Grubs this game would have been over after 20. The only reason we were in striking distance was because of Grubs and Landeskogs third period heroics. No we did not deserve this game so a point is huge.

Page number: 30

The NHL was trying to keep this under wraps...but since the Coyotes cant sell tickets, they decided to kiss McJesus' ass and play the game at 10:00am this morning. It was broadcasted at the original scheduled hour but because there is never anyone in the stands, they were hoping nobody would notice. McGuire just didn't get the memo to keep it under wraps. Trust me....McDavid has already had his warm glass of milk in Denver and was tucked into bed a few hours ago.

They get to play LA, and LA will be on the road playing the 2nd game of a back to back.

It shouldn't have taken this long to put the 6'5" dude who covers a ton of space on the ice in OT, especially with that record.

Means nothing. You can make a nice move all you want if you dont finish you dont finish. I wouldnt have had Ghetto go third thats for sure.

This point didn't really matter much? A loss tomorrow and a win by the Yotes and we still get passed.

Not sure you can say we didn't deserve a point unless you only watched the first period and then concentrated solely on breakdowns. I thought it was a pretty even game from the beginning of the second on.

If we can't beat Edmonton, we don't deserve playoffs

Yeah like I said in the playoff hope thread, that point means nothing unfortunately unless the Yotes have an OTL in the last 3 games.

Oh i did watch. I saw a team fighting their asses off for 40 minutes straight and came back from a 0-2 defecit against a damn good hockey club on the road. I feel like we deserve this ONE point, two maybe not so much.

Its simple as that. Or we can pray the Kings pretend they are playing Calgary tommorow and not Zona.

Yah but Grubauer is part of the team, so...the team deserved a point. They fought hard.

I also saw the same thing

This is a strange way looking at things after a comback like tonight.

More like Grubauer stole us a point. Whatver its done we got one now we need to get 2 against Edmonton

That point we gave Arizona is gonna come back to bite us in the ass, isn't it?

It keeps us even. Doesn't add or subtract any percentage. We are just 1 game closer to our goal.
It accounts for everything.
We are still at around 75%

At least the effort from the last two periods.

Kathryn Tappen saw that clip like six times and still said Binnington made the save

Yeah, but that's what good goalies do lol

It's not that strange though, being 1 pt or 2 pts ahead when you don't own the tie breaker makes little difference.

As much grief as a I give McJesus, I believe this post is what our season has come down to. The kicker for me is that I've seen what a generational player can do. Peter Forsberg picking his team up on his shoulders and that win against Florida after being down by 5. That's the stuff that generational players can do...They Avs must key on that dude early and often.
What gives me hope is that the Avs were actually a good team that year...Edmonton is not this year.

A win tomorrow and a Yotes loss puts us up 4 points, making the point we did get tonight huge. Could have been worse

How does a point not matter?!?
If we win two more games and lose the next in OT we are guaranteed to make it.
Of course the point matters, stop being dramatic.

It affords us the luxury of getting another OTL as well. If the Yotes win tomorrow and we lose in OT to the Oilers, we're still a game ahead.

Page number: 31

How so?
Again, the point tonight will make a difference if and only if the Yotes or the Avs lose in OT during the last 3 games.

It absolutely matters.

A win tomorrow with a Arizona loss gives us a 4 point lead with 2 games to go. That should pretty much do it. Buckle up if it goes the other way, tied in points with 2 games to go without the tie breaker.

If the Yotes somehow lose their next two we are in good shape right? Assuming ofcourse we win 1 more game this season.

What?
Of course it makes a difference.
Fact is, Arizona needs to gain 2 points instead of 1.
You're thinking only of Arizona's OTL. But we can get OTLs also, forcing Arizona to get more points.

Still this one point can make or break the season. I mean we made the Playoffs by 1 point last season - so ppl telling me that this point doesn't matter "much" have, in my mind, no idea what they are talking about.

It absolutely matters. 1 point is obviously better than zero. It keeps us at 75%, instead of dropping to 63ish. A win would have been amazing, but just getting a point was huge.

If they lose the next two then a OTL/SOL will clinch.

Nah since they hold the tie breaker .

Every single point at this stage matters.

The magic number was 6. Now it's down to 5.
That matters. Every point matters. There is no other alternative.

I don't think Arizona beats Columbus or Vegas

It means Jared Bednar watches them far more often than we do in shootout situations and used him. We should stop *****ing about every little detail. Seriously look at the comments after a bad first it's ridiculous lol.

I guess given how bad we are at OT, that point affords us another OTL.

It is a back to back game, but I don't like relying on other teams to lose, we still control our destiny.

If we lose the next 3 in OT, all it would take is ONE Arizona loss.
You take every point you can get.

Every point matters

The point does not really matter

But that the thing.
OT is more likely towards the end of the season. Teams like colorado and Arizona are content with going to overtime when games are tied in the 3rd. Banking points is exactly what teams try to do.
And they'll get conservative in 3rd periods if they're tied simply to ensure they get the point.

What's the point?

Calgary is tied 2-2 with L.A. good sign for our first round match up if we make it

BTW Ottawa will clinch 31st tonight if Kings win.

I don't want to debate this anymore. It's fine if fans think we'll lose in OT again in the next 3 games.
My point was, before tonight the Yotes needed to win one more game than us and they still need to win one more game. That extra SO point would have changed everything.

Bro they sat half their team...

My final thoughts on tonight's game.....Given the start and the first period, it was a victory.
My advice to the Avs, dump it, sleep well and get ready for tomorrow.

Nothing matters

Page number: 32

I hope Oilers play hard and win tonight, chances of them winning 2 in a row isn't that high. Maybe they'll go out and party to celebrate the win.

Why would L.A. do that? I know calgary is overrated, but that is a strange move

Huge point in a game where it looked like the Avs were gonna lose in regulation, but tomorrow they gotta get 2 points, that's a must of all the musts

Would have been much better if we won the shootout, but we didn't, so the second best outcome was the OT loss.

So none of their big players get hurt. Pretty common practice in like every sport ever.

But they aren't even in the playoffs

He probably has success in practice. Bednar wasn't pulling names out of a hat

Too bad they couldn't finish it but I'll gladly take the one point. They battled hard to get it.
Tough game tomorrow night but the Oilers are also on a back to back. They were officially eliminated from the playoffs tonight too so hopefully they just mail it in.

No the flames are not the Kings.

Oh I was talking about the kings. Calgary should play their full line up, they probably have to play the Colorado Avalanche in the first round.

Your missing his jest

Do we know who starts tomorrow?
It better be Grubauer

I don't think I'm the one missing anything lol

This is what worries me about the Jets and Vegas with Arizona

He started the last b2b. Maybe

We probably get that with the Sharks. Probably not the jets unfortunately.

Oilers officially eliminated? Isn't this when McDavid heats up?

I think the blues have a very good chance to go deep in the playoffs. Seems like they have been stepping up big time

Just got caught up. I have to say I'm thrilled they got a point. Beat Edmonton and get 3/4 on the back to back.

Last b2b was an afternoon game Sat then a night game Sun.
It's hard to sit Grubauer for a game with the way he's playing but I think you rest him tomorrow.

Hopefully Zadorov catches McDavid with such a giant open ice hit, that the NHL actually considers making it illegal to hit McDavid.

Would be difficult not to lean on that proven 2 goals or less.

I'd rather he just BB a wrister top cheese. We have nothing to prove against the Oilers.

Who do you think should have gone in instead?

Page number: 33

Kerfoot 1st shooter

Interesting choice but I'd rather Compher.

I'd just give it to him considering his goal. He's probably flying high. It's not like we can't get Mack in on the next attempt.
Grubauer has gone 5/6 on shootout attempts. It's a shame it rolled on ghetto

Yah? If Jared was so confident in him how come he didnt use him in that spot all year? Ghetto sucks is having a horrible year no way should he be relied on to take a key shootout thats just fact. The comments after the first were just. The Blues outplayed us bad and if not for Grubs we dont get this point.

Well, you know we should never question Jareds decisions.

Hes been on fire even before tonight haha. I can totally see Tobias Reider scoring his first tommorow.

Has Kerfoot taken a shootout attempt? Not sure hes the guy I would pick to shoot.

After his goal, might aswell let him. It's not like we have great shooters after MacKinnon, who could go second anyway.

I don't understand why some are saying we stole one point tonight. Yeah Gru saved us in the first but that's what good goalies do. Do people realize we only gave up 10 shots in the 2nd and 3rd together. We dominated those two periods and Binnington kept them in the game. Besides the first 1:30 we also did very well in OT. The guys fought back and were the better team for two periods. They deserve that point and they would have deserved two also if they had won.

If he scored a wicked wrist shot from the circle then sure but Jared never really prescribes to the hot hand theory. I would have had Kerfoot shoot after Ghetto and I wouldnt have had Ghetto go in the 3 spot.

Since we're playing this...I'd have had Soda going 3rd..simply because he scored a big SO goal not that long ago. Then Brassard. Then Barrie. Then Compher. Then random names like Ghetto and Kerfoot.

Lol fair enough. After MacKinnon and Landeskog there isn't any great options. Maybe Barrie

Some people need a complete beat-down to consider a win earned. Obviously Grubauer is part of the team, and we played 2 great periods. Deserved a point

I personally would have gone to Compher over Ghetto but meh we got a point when it didnt look like we would get one at all.

Yah that point is huge. Tonight was a scheduled loss in my opinion.

I would've gone MacK..no matter what he is the best player on the team.

I think the one we can all agree on is Ghetto wouldn't have been anyone's third choice.

Not a scheduled loss imo but im glad they got something out of it. Was pretty much doing cartwheels when kerfoot scored. That and they played much much better in ot in the last 2 games than most of the season

Girard would be an interesting choice. I'd like to see it

Connors post game comments after tonight dont make me feel so good now. Hes gonna be man on fire tommorow.

Imagine if MacKinnon had showed up tonight.
Either better play 5 on 5, or a goal in the shootout. He was not utilizing his speed at all tonight imo. (I know he had a secondary assist on Kerf's goal..)
Where has he been down the stretch? He needs to be out "go to guy" and he hasn't been, plain and simple.

I watched this on a 7 hour miserably slow flight from Boston to LA. What a stupid game, glad that they dragged it to OT for the point but holy **** that may have been the worst game this team played all season for the first 55 minutes.

Milbury was saying what a terrific job JB did in terms of coaching the 2nd and 3rd periods. The Avs were unprepared for the first period which is a mark of immaturity, especially at this point of the season in a PO race. It was inexcusable. Plus, the Blues intended to bring it against the Avs right from the outset and they did so. OTOH, the Avs really responded in the second and third periods. The fact the team responded means to me that JB is still able to communicate with the players and motivate them. That means he's still effective as the HC.

Page number: 34

The first period, everyone on the ice laid a massive dump out there, but I thought they were fine the last two periods. The Blues just don't give up much, so the Avs had to be patient and take what was there.

His D play was brutal. That play by Orielly was terrible. He looked like an AHL player

I guess you missed the other 78 games. We played well in the 2nd and 3rd

That was an amazing game, super intense and felt almost postseason-esque.
Not everyone was good, Avs looked like they spent the afternoon around St. Louis' bar district, but nice for them to show after the 1st period. Calvert was beyond terrible and EJ was clueless throughout the matchup, however, MacKinnon lost us that game. Played some super predictable hockey and that chance in OT has to be a goal. No excuse not scoring on the first chance and absolutely zero excuse not scoring on the second. Super disappointed in his game today.

Agree.

Good chance that Stolarz will play that game...so we either have the dreaded back up goaler standing on his head or McDavid scores five yet Avs win by six.

After having won 14 of the last 16 points, with many/most of those against division rivals - the amount of b*tching and whining on here by some is either comical or sad. Not sure which one. IMO

It's funny, really. We are lucky AF to be even in the race. So much luck. So many teams lost so we can be in this position. The Avs missed the playoffs with 95 or 96 points not too long ago.

Oops remove lol

This didn't age well.

I was joking

Couple of thoughts....

First, While it was great to see the team really turn it around after such a god awful first period... That 1 point really means almost nothing. Arizona still sits just 1 game back of us. We really needed that extra point in the shootout or OT and it's very tough to see the chance Mack had not go in the net.

All that said, if we can come out with the exact same effort in tonight as we did in the 2nd/3rd against the Blues we should absolutely walk over the Oilers tonight, and if we have the same effort level against the Jets we should be able to beat them on Saturday as well.

Finally, the Kings getting absolutely stomped tonight could be a good thing. They should be extra motivated and angry after getting embarrassed at home last night to come out hungry to play spoiler to a divisional rival in tonights game against Arizona.

Went to bed at 2-0. Pretty happy to wake up to a point. 3 more OT losses and were in the playoffs. Not exactly the way I want to go in, but I'd take it.

OT minutes for the Avs defencemen:
Barrie- 1:44
Zadorov-1:42
EJ-1:34
Between the Ghetto shootout and Zadorov in OT, Bednar was feeling bold last night.
Avs could have laid down and given up right at the start of the 3rd, but Landeskog made sure that didn't happen. He leads all players in 3rd period goals with 20. What a season he has had. This is the type of game where he excels. You can stick Parayko on MacKinnon and prevent him from stick handling, but you can't draw up a game plan to prevent a guy like Landeskog having amazing hands around the net.

Had to go to bed early, but the Avs were getting killed 15-2 in shots when I turned the game off, so to wake up to a 3-2 SOL was pretty surprising tbh. What angers me about last night is that they made STL look like the TBL playing an OHL team. There's no reason they should ever come out as flat as they did last night, especially with so much on the line.

I love how people are ragging on MacKinnon. I hope you all realize that he is playing hurt now. He jacked that ankle up in the 3rd period against Arizona. It's pretty obvious to tell. You can see him favoring it, by the way he was skating last night. That was not normal MacK last night.
You can say what you want about him, but at the end of the night he got anassist on the game tying goal with 40 seconds left. Not his best game but still produced something when it mattered even though he is clearly injured.

It's ridiculous. We are playing with one star player out. The other two star players seem to be playing not at 100%. And yet we keep getting points and going into tough hostile places and figuring out ways to go home with at least a point.
I think sometimes people forget that the other team is usually playing for something as well. St Louis has been one of the hottest teams in the league since Jan 1, we walked into their building and scrape out a point after being down 2 in the 3rd. That's a good effort, we didn't quit. This team is not perfect, but the effort has been there since Landy went down.

Let's face it Mac's peak was the 2017-2018 season. He was great. This season he has been Jekyl and Hide. He has couple of good games followed by couple of brutal games. He is unconsistant as hell.

Uncredible but also inacceptable.

Are you still bitter for me calling out your weak a** moderating? Get over it man

Yeah, you got me. I'm bitter that an area troll once called my moderating "weak ass". Nailed it.

Still I'm not the one who makes fifth grader jokes about someone's grammar

Given how that first period went, I'll take a shootout loss any day, especially against a team running as hot as STL is right now.
These guys gotta be so completely exhausted. Doesn't completely excuse that garbage opening period, but the fact remains they're gonna be worn the hell out by the time the season ends, playoffs or no playoffs.
I'll give guys like Calvert and Wilson credit, those guys busted their asses all game long. If they had hands to match their effort level they'd be perennial All-Stars.
Anyway, they got a point, gots to keep getting at least one of those to stay alive. We'll see what happens but it'll likely be the slimmest of margins that gets them in (or keeps them out) once again.

First of all your post is offensive--it was a sophisticated Simpsons joke. Far above the level of a "fifth grader". Second of all, how dare you...