JB50 and the Calder

From Friedman's 31 thoughts.

13. St. Louis can clinch a playoff berth Tuesday night if Arizona loses to Chicago. Jordan Binnington is going to be one of the most fascinating voting cases ever. The most games he can play is 34. Goalies who’ve won the Calder this century played 66 (Evgeni Nabokov), 61 (Steve Mason) or 57 games (Andrew Raycroft). Brian Boucher was sixth in 2000, playing 35 games. John Gibson was seventh in 2016, with 40.

Highest recent goalie finish was Matt Murray’s fourth in 2017. He played 49. My guess is Binnington — at worst — will be fourth. But his role in the Blues’ rise from ashes certainly could push him higher. I’m very curious to see if enough voters knock one of Rasmus Dahlin or Miro Heiskanen off the podium. Can’t see any way Pettersson isn’t there.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31- ... ff-format/
Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: JB50 and the Calder

He's going to get a well deserved free trip to Vegas. I'm sure he'll enjoy it. I think they started etching Pettersson's name on it in November, which is fine he deserves it. Binnington is going to get a nice little raise this summer after starting for a team with a legit shot to make a deep run in the playoffs. Nice little 6 months for JB.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:30 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:58 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:54 pm Remember when Jim Carey won the Vezina?
Remember when Dom Hasek did?
He didn't start the season in the AHL. Only time will tell if Binnington is a Dominator or a Net Detective.
Point being neither has anything to do with JB50. We are talking about the Calder here not the Vezina. Neither trophy is proof of future failure or future success. It's just about enjoying what we are watching in this moment and going from there.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:43 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:58 pm

Remember when Dom Hasek did?
He didn't start the season in the AHL. Only time will tell if Binnington is a Dominator or a Net Detective.
Point being neither has anything to do with JB50. We are talking about the Calder here not the Vezina. Neither trophy is proof of future failure or future success. It's just about enjoying what we are watching in this moment and going from there.
if you are enjoying the moment then why speculate about future awards...?

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:07 pm

Future awards? It was an article from Friedman about what has transpired this season. Is this season not in the moment and pretty much in the past if anything?

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:09 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:07 pm

Future awards? It was an article from Friedman about what has transpired this season. Is this season not in the moment and pretty much in the past if anything?
This moment right now...is in the past.

bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:21 pm I could see a few Blues players/coach get enough votes to qualify as finalists for awards, but doubt anyone wins. ROR for Selke, JB50 for Calder, and Berube for Jack Adams. But the winners will be Crosby, Pettersson, and Cooper.
I'll cast my vote for JayBo for the Norris. I don't even care, the dude has been the Blues best defensemen during the turn around.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:37 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:21 pm I could see a few Blues players/coach get enough votes to qualify as finalists for awards, but doubt anyone wins. ROR for Selke, JB50 for Calder, and Berube for Jack Adams. But the winners will be Crosby, Pettersson, and Cooper.
I'll cast my vote for JayBo for the Norris. I don't even care, the dude has been the Blues best defensemen during the turn around.
He’s been great, but Parayko has been a top 10 D in the league since the new year. He’s dominant out there now. Offence still has room for improvement, but he’s as good defensively as anyone in the league right now.

Beatoni12 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:22 pm
He’s been great, but Parayko has been a top 10 D in the league since the new year. He’s dominant out there now. Offence still has room for improvement, but he’s as good defensively as anyone in the league right now.
Anyone will look good playing with JayBo :D

Beatoni12 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:22 pm
Gotta agree. I'm a big Jbo fan, always have been, but Parayko is the the stud duck on this defensive unit now. With his size, speed, and shot, he's the man.