Re: Blues trade for Del Zotto

barnburner wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:15 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:36 pm
MissouriMook wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:19 pm So, which team is ROR on, Steen or Petro?
ROR started his own gang and is recruiting only the guys that play well to be in it. ROR has high standards.
I tend to agree. Regardless of who wears a letter, it's my opinion that ROR "IS" the leader of this club.
ROR is definitely the on-ice leader, but not only is Berube coach, but he wears the C and both A's :lol: . I think Perron said earlier in the year that they would run through a wall for him. I am more impressed with Berube by the day.
KA-KAW!

MissouriMook wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:19 pm So, which team is ROR on, Steen or Petro?
ROR started his own gang and is recruiting only the guys that play well to be in it. ROR has high standards.
I tend to agree. Regardless of who wears a letter, it's my opinion that ROR "IS" the leader of this club.
So who is the first guy to hoist the Cup when the Blues win it? The Captain gets the honor - right? So it's got to be Petro getting to skate around first with that Cup. Can you imagine!!!! Maybe the better question is, who does Petro hand the Cup off to first? Tank? ROR?

BillP. wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:20 pm

So who is the first guy to hoist the Cup when the Blues win it? The Captain gets the honor - right? So it's got to be Petro getting to skate around first with that Cup. Can you imagine!!!! Maybe the better question is, who does Petro hand the Cup off to first? Tank? ROR?
unfortunately Petro would hand it to Steen first......so yeah..those two guys are who would get the cup first so even if the Blues win the cup.,...I'll be happy but still pissed! :lol:
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:33 pm

unfortunately Petro would hand it to Steen first......so yeah..those two guys are who would get the cup first so even if the Blues win the cup.,...I'll be happy but still pissed! :lol:
I think he'd pass it to Bouwmeester first. He's been around the longest, has been Petro's partner for a long time, and has suffered through some shitty teams in his career. He'd never been in the playoffs until he was traded to the Blues. I could absolutely see it being Steen as well, but I'd put my money on Jaybo.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:04 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:33 pm

I think he'd pass it to Bouwmeester first. He's been around the longest, has been Petro's partner for a long time, and has suffered through some shitty teams in his career. He'd never been in the playoffs until he was traded to the Blues. I could absolutely see it being Steen as well, but I'd put my money on Jaybo.
I don't know if that what he would do or not, but I would hope so. It would be a classy move.

MattyIce wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:19 pm

ROR is definitely the on-ice leader, but not only is Berube coach, but he wears the C and both A's :lol: . I think Perron said earlier in the year that they would run through a wall for him. I am more impressed with Berube by the day.
The Chief takes a little time to appreciate, but there's no denying that he has sold these players on what it takes to win. Early in the year, we had way too many perimeter players, looking to score pretty goals outside the the D. Now, everybody, including Tarasenko is going hard to the net, and creating havoc in the oppositions end.
Some teams have more talent, but collectively,playing Berube hockey, these guys can play with anybody.

All I know is that when we do finally get to see that, I hope Bobby Plager is still around and someone has the good sense to get him down to ice level and have someone hand it to him. No one deserves that more than Bobby.

MissouriMook wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:38 pm

All I know is that when we do finally get to see that, I hope Bobby Plager is still around and someone has the good sense to get him down to ice level and have someone hand it to him. No one deserves that more than Bobby.
Absolutely! Can you imagine the noise level in that place with #5 carrying the Cup???? WOW!!!!!

BluesSK wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:05 pm
Matangama wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:54 pm Not to be a dick, but.........if the Blues win the Cup, I WON’T GIVE A FLYING FUCK WHO GETS TO HOLD THE DAMN THING FIRST OR SECOND!
Not to be a dick but... I totally agree with you.
I'll be a dick...and I totally agree with both of you :twisted: .

I wouldn't care if it was an ex-'hawk that now played for the Blues and helped us win it all. The Cup don't just belong to the players, it belongs to the franchise, the fans, and the city.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

When the Blues finally win the Cup, every single one of us long suffering Blues fans will be lifting and skating a lap with the Cup right along with the Salomons, Plagers, Dan Kelly, Noel Picard, Garry Unger, Gus Kyle, my dad and uncles and every other person who has lived and died with the Bluenote over the last 50+ years. It will be a glorious day.

As Red Green says, "We're all in this together."

I asked a Wild fan what the problem with Yeo was and he said Yeo was too friendly with the players and they probably didn't respect him. Berube is the grizzliest of former players with 13 seasons in the NHL...over 1000 games...3000 PIMs.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:22 am

I asked a Wild fan what the problem with Yeo was and he said Yeo was too friendly with the players and they probably didn't respect him. Berube is the grizzliest of former players with 13 seasons in the NHL...over 1000 games...3000 PIMs.
It also probably helps that despite the age gap, the players are all pretty sure Berube can kick each and every one of their asses.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

I think Berube has been just what the doctor ordered for this team. Id imagine he has that look in his eyes when he's pissed at you, that already plays out the upcoming ass whoopin in a player's head before they challenge him too heavily. His demeanor + no-bullshit attitude demand respect.

Yeo wasn't intimidating. He was like a substitute teacher. The students feared no consequences. Even grouchy-ass Hitch seemed like just an angry old man who talks tough but gets blown off cuz "what's he gonna do?". Every form of discipline requires fear of consequences.

I think that's why the team fell off so bad when the leadership changed from Backes, Brouwer, Reaves, etc. Those are players that had a presence & an intimidation factor. Not sayin they're "scary" but I remember Backes gettin into an altercation at practice w/ Tarasenko. He led held players accountable & commanded respect. Same w/ Brouwer & Reaves. They weren't they type you could waive a hand at & blow off.
Contrast that to Petro, Stastny, Steen, even Tarasenko. Which of those players would you think twice about tellin to fuck off if they tried to jump your ass? Not one. Now, Berube fills that role of disciplinarian, and the players have responded to it.

usmcaaron wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:55 am

I think Berube has been just what the doctor ordered for this team. Id imagine he has that look in his eyes when he's pissed at you, that already plays out the upcoming ass whoopin in a player's head before they challenge him too heavily. His demeanor + no-bullshit attitude demand respect.

Yeo wasn't intimidating. He was like a substitute teacher. The students feared no consequences. Even grouchy-ass Hitch seemed like just an angry old man who talks tough but gets blown off cuz "what's he gonna do?". Every form of discipline requires fear of consequences.

I think that's why the team fell off so bad when the leadership changed from Backes, Brouwer, Reaves, etc. Those are players that had a presence & an intimidation factor. Not sayin they're "scary" but I remember Backes gettin into an altercation at practice w/ Tarasenko. He led held players accountable & commanded respect. Same w/ Brouwer & Reaves. They weren't they type you could waive a hand at & blow off.
Contrast that to Petro, Stastny, Steen, even Tarasenko. Which of those players would you think twice about tellin to fuck off if they tried to jump your ass? Not one. Now, Berube fills that role of disciplinarian, and the players have responded to it.
There was obviously some problem with the players when Larry Robinson has to come down from the rafters and stand on the bench.