Re: Schwartz

It's a real head scratcher. You would think Berbue's puck possession style in the offensive zone would be a perfect fit for Schwartz to succeed in. He still does a lot of good work, but doesn't seem to have any confidence going to the net.

Played 39 games with 3 goals, maybe a couple games in the press box would help. Not in a bad way, just go eat a couple hotdogs have few beers, relax. Cuz its gotta be a mental thing at this point, I don't know, it's just weird how he fell off and if hes not contributing somebody else would love to have his minutes.

BlueinNy wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:59 am Played 39 games with 3 goals, maybe a couple games in the press box would help. Not in a bad way, just go eat a couple hotdogs have few beers, relax. Cuz its gotta be a mental thing at this point, I don't know, it's just weird how he fell off and if hes not contributing somebody else would love to have his minutes.
Yeah, he's got Allenitis real bad right now. A couple games of a mental break would be good for him.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

This isn't even his longest goalless streak with the Blues. He definitely needs something, but I'm not sure it's time off because they just came back from a 9 day vacation. If he could just somehow put the puck in the net once, maybe he could lift the curse.

barcthespark wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:05 pm This isn't even his longest goalless streak with the Blues. He definitely needs something, but I'm not sure it's time off because they just came back from a 9 day vacation. If he could just somehow put the puck in the net once, maybe he could lift the curse.
He's probably not going to get an easier opportunity than the empty net, today. He'll probably have to get a hustle steal, breakaway drive on net, and have a rebound of his shot bank off his chest, past the goalie, into the goal. After that, he'll be hot as lava, scoring goals in bunches for the rest of the season.

Robb_K wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:20 pm
barcthespark wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:05 pm This isn't even his longest goalless streak with the Blues. He definitely needs something, but I'm not sure it's time off because they just came back from a 9 day vacation. If he could just somehow put the puck in the net once, maybe he could lift the curse.
He's probably not going to get an easier opportunity than the empty net, today. He'll probably have to get a hustle steal, breakaway drive on net, and have a rebound of his shot bank off his chest, past the goalie, into the goal. After that, he'll be hot as lava, scoring goals in bunches for the rest of the season.
Drinking? How deflated do u think he was skating of the ice after that missed open net? If I'm Berube I'm putting him on a suicide watch; no belts, shoe/skate laces, sheets and a 24/7 surveillance till he scores a goal.

He still plays the right way, makes good decisions out there, does the right things, he just isn’t getting any goals - ha. As soon as he breaks out, he’ll get hurt. This is Jaden Schwartz, this is who he is and this is why you need to trade him the next time his value goes up.