Re: Blues 2019 Trade Deadline thread

Feelings are mutual, it seems.

Off the wall conspiracy theory? Blues are workin on a deal w/ Washington, & they're dangling Fabbri. Washington is interested, but they wanna see him play. Schenn is banged up, so they take the opportunity to give him an extra rest & slide Fabbri in the lineup just in time for the Washinton scouts to see him live.

Crazy? Maybe. Likely? Not really. But stranger things have happened....

usmcaaron wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:22 pm

Feelings are mutual, it seems.

Off the wall conspiracy theory? Blues are workin on a deal w/ Washington, & they're dangling Fabbri. Washington is interested, but they wanna see him play. Schenn is banged up, so they take the opportunity to give him an extra rest & slide Fabbri in the lineup just in time for the Washinton scouts to see him live.

Crazy? Maybe. Likely? Not really. But stranger things have happened....
Is Pheonix coming back?

BlueinNy wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:04 pm
Harri McBain wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:01 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:35 am Just exactly did we trade for Maroon for if not to stay in front of goalie on the PP. I was under the impression that, that was the main reason for the trade.
Trade? Maroon was a free agent signing last summer...
You are correct. I stand corrected, so to rephrase, why did we sign him?
Well played :D

Southsidetony wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:10 am Thomas Vanek or Eric Staal would be the 2 guys I would be looking at for the Blues.. Both have some great playoff experience and put up some good numbers when needed.. Vanek/OReily/Tank
Thomas/Sunny/Fabri
Schwartz/Bozak/Schenn
Blias/Steen/Maroon
Vanek ALWAYS gets traded, but this year he finally has a NTC. Staal would be interesting, but probably pricier than Army wants. Heard Carolina was interested in bringing him back.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Southsidetony wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:10 am Thomas Vanek or Eric Staal would be the 2 guys I would be looking at for the Blues.. Both have some great playoff experience and put up some good numbers when needed.. Vanek/OReily/Tank
Thomas/Sunny/Fabri
Schwartz/Bozak/Schenn
Blias/Steen/Maroon
Vanek? yuuuuuuuuuck
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:03 am
Thomas/Sunny/Fabri
Schwartz/Bozak/Schenn
Blias/Steen/Maroon
Vanek? yuuuuuuuuuck
Vanek playoff points are pretty good, considering what’s left for the Blues pickins... Mats would be good, that guy is a mad man

blue to the bone wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:52 pm Kyrou was scratched tonight. No injury or illness. Haven't seen a tweet about a call up.
What are the conditions under which we could call him up? I thought he wasn't available again until San Antonio's season was over.

If they COULD call him up, they probably would, with Schenn and Perron out with UBIs, and some other forwards fighting off illness. They may even need him for tomorrow's game.

Edit: Looks like Kyrou has in fact been called up.

Link here

barnburner wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:54 am
BillP. wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:33 am Kyrou learning how to score at NHL level now is something this team could use badly.
His defensive awareness, and making the right decisions at both blue lines concern me more at this stage of the season.
That’s why this Kyrou call up most likely means nothing. Bringing him up for 7 min a game because of these discipline concerns is a waste. Might as well bring up my boy Nolan.

But my point is, if we’re going to win the Cup this year, a new unexpected arrival has to emerge, like Kyrou turning into an offensive force, playing 14 min a game, and contributing on PP. Blues are going to have to find some more heroes. If it isn’t coming thru the deadline, then it’s going to have to happen from within.

BlueinNy wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:33 am Stone is still out there, hes a rt hand shot and that's something this team lacks. Schenn is on IR and we're going to need offense. I hope Injuries don't derail this team after the way they've been playing, but I'm afraid they might.
I think they’ll get healthy again. But even healthy, team could use a booster shot. Stone is out of our ballpark. Just better hope the Jets don’t get him. I’m starting to hate the Jets too. Laine is a big baby, they’re getting on my nerves. They’ve been playing like shit. Hate to see them get Stone. If they do, I hope we still take them down. Would love it!