Re: Blues 2019 Trade Deadline thread

39hurricane wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:16 am
BlueinNy wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:01 pm
39hurricane wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:04 am

I am turning slowly. I know we are knocking on the door right now and playing much better than December.

I will turn all the way around if we can beat some good teams coming up. If we get thumped by Nashville...
Are ya turned around yet? I'm loving this run.
Yeah I'm turned around. 9 wins in a row is huge for this team. If you don't think mmentum is real in sports this should change your mind. It also makes me wonder what was going on in the locker room / organzation from October to Jan.
Yeo was making a lot of mistakes, and he didn't have decent rapport with the players, and he had NO team defensive system, whatsoever. The players lost faith with him, and subsconsciously stopped believing they could win. They had no confidence ( and so, no real energy). They admitted in interviews that some of the players laughed at Yeo behind his back.

Berube got them to understand that the only way they could win is to work together, and play for each other. They bought in, and are working hard to play good team defence, have better offensive schemes, and lots of confidence.

BlueinNy wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:03 am Anaheim are sellers, my guess is D
I'd expect so as well, but ...
Here's their D corps:
(LH shot)
Fowler, Cam 27 8yr $6.5mil/per
Lindholm, Hampus 25 4yr $5.2/per
Del Zotto, Michael 28 1yr $2.25mil
Megna, Jaycob 26 1yr $650k

(RH shot)
Manson, Josh 27 4yr $4.1mil/per
Montour, Brandon 24 2yr $3.387/per
Welinski, Andy 25 1yr $690k

Just looking at their salaries & the Blues cap situation, it have to be a $ in/$ out deal, so I can't imagine who they're lookin at acquiring PLUS who they're dealing.

Sure, I'd not complain if Fowler or Lindholm were on the Blues, but they're top 4 d, so they'd push Dunn or Edmundson down (assuming they're not moved out). Same for Manson/Montour vs. Petro/Parayko.
Which Blue is moved out to clear cap space?

I love the trade deadline. :D

Silfverberg has been rumored available for some time and it's not like we couldn't use some help up front since the status of Perron is unknown. Of course the final piece to our puzzle would be one Tom Wilson! 8-)
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:51 am Silfverberg has been rumored available for some time and it's not like we couldn't use some help up front since the status of Perron is unknown. Of course the final piece to our puzzle would be one Tom Wilson! 8-)
Hooo boy. Talk about a polarizing trade, if the Blues acquired Wilson. Half the fan base would cheer, the other half would riot. :lol:
If he kept his head on straight (like he's done lately) Id take him.

As for Silfverberg, he's a possibility I guess, but he's UFA, & already makin $3.75mil, so I wonder how much he'd cost to resign. Army swears they're only interested in guys w/ term.

Along those similar lines (Perron uncertainty), I considered Burakovsky from Washingtonn since he's a RFA, but again, he makes $3mil already, plus what's the cost?

39hurricane wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:50 am I'm feeling Del Zotto??? Gunnar is always hurt. If Bouw gets hurt again he will prolly just die. Dunn's offense is always tempered by the bad give away. We need more veteran depth on LD. (Butler says, "you know I can hear you right?" "I'm sitting right here.")
I don't see a move for an LHD....unless we are moving one out. Dunn has been playing great, no way they take him out of the lineup and we have Butler ready to go at a moments notice if we need him.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

For those that are fascinated by who's scouting who tonight....
Ryan S. Clark (@ryan_s_clark) tweeted at 7:37 PM on Mon, Feb 18, 2019:
Because it's that time of the year, the following teams have scouts for Golden Knights-Avalanche:

St. Louis (2), Toronto, Columbus, Vancouver, Anaheim, Chicago, Ottawa, Vegas, Detroit (2). #Avs #GoAvsGo #VegasBorn
Still holding out hope for that Steen-to-Vegas dream. ;)

Dennis Bernstein (@DennisTFP) tweeted at 7:45 PM on Mon, Feb 18, 2019:
It’s no holiday for scouts!

Big lineup once again for Caps-Kings in LA:

BUF 2 (Greeley AGM)
CGY (VP Hockey Ops Maloney)
NSH STL NJD DAL MIN SJS ARI MTL
This is interesting, when coupled with the fact that Dave Taylor & Dave Farrish took in the Caps-Ducks game last night. Blues & Caps don't play again this season (barring a Finals matchup)

usmcaaron wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:42 pm For those that are fascinated by who's scouting who tonight....
Ryan S. Clark (@ryan_s_clark) tweeted at 7:37 PM on Mon, Feb 18, 2019:
Because it's that time of the year, the following teams have scouts for Golden Knights-Avalanche:

St. Louis (2), Toronto, Columbus, Vancouver, Anaheim, Chicago, Ottawa, Vegas, Detroit (2). #Avs #GoAvsGo #VegasBorn
Still holding out hope for that Steen-to-Vegas dream. ;)

Dennis Bernstein (@DennisTFP) tweeted at 7:45 PM on Mon, Feb 18, 2019:
It’s no holiday for scouts!

Big lineup once again for Caps-Kings in LA:

BUF 2 (Greeley AGM)
CGY (VP Hockey Ops Maloney)
NSH STL NJD DAL MIN SJS ARI MTL
This is interesting, when coupled with the fact that Dave Taylor & Dave Farrish took in the Caps-Ducks game last night. Blues & Caps don't play again this season (barring a Finals matchup)
Pretty sure Taylor still resides in LA. I’m guessing he’s at all Kings and Ducks games

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Maybe I'm just making this up, but sounds good to me: Good to be out in force scouting now for what you also plan to do in 4 months at the draft. With all the scouts out now extremely active, it don't look as noticeable I'm sure. I'd imagine the Blues are not big buyers or sellers, but that is when DA usually surprises us and make a big move a week or so before the deadline....which would be like tonight :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:18 am One addition at forward on the cheap if they do anything.
Given The Blues have only a little over $1 million in cap room, the forward would have to be really cheap. But why bother. Perron should be back soon, and Fabbri needs playing time to get his timing back. Steen will be back. Who could The Blues move to gain more cap space, without hurting the team's chemistry? Steen has a NTC. Why would he waive his rights to block to leave the hottest team in The League (pretty much a sure playoff team) to go to another team, unless it is The Bolts, or maybe The Jets or Sharks (and it WON'T be one of those teams). I wouldn't mess with things.

Robb_K wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:23 am
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:18 am One addition at forward on the cheap if they do anything.
Given The Blues have only a little over $1 million in cap room, the forward would have to be really cheap. But why bother. Perron should be back soon, and Fabbri needs playing time to get his timing back. Steen will be back. Who could The Blues move to gain more cap space, without hurting the team's chemistry? Steen has a NTC. Why would he waive his rights to block to leave the hottest team in The League (pretty much a sure playoff team) to go to another team, unless it is The Bolts, or maybe The Jets or Sharks (and it WON'T be one of those teams). I wouldn't mess with things.
Perron is a question as is Fabbri. I'm targeting a guy like Charles Hudon for extra depth up front. He's available, salary is cheap, and so is the cost to get him.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:12 am Saw Lou saying he thinks the Blues need a PP QB(Justin Faulk) and I very much agree.
That would be a bigger trade. I don't know if Army's got the balls to something like that in the next 6 days. I wouldn't be against it but then you also have to move a dman out most likely in another deal. I don't know that Faulk woud really be the guy either.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:22 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:12 am Saw Lou saying he thinks the Blues need a PP QB(Justin Faulk) and I very much agree.
That would be a bigger trade. I don't know if Army's got the balls to something like that in the next 6 days. I wouldn't be against it but then you also have to move a dman out most likely in another deal. I don't know that Faulk woud really be the guy either.
I have no issues with this team making a bigger trade. Let's go for that cup! Identify the weakness, correct the weakness.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:29 am
I have no issues with this team making a bigger trade. Let's go for that cup! Identify the weakness, correct the weakness.
I agree with you, the only weakness I can spot would be lack of PP goals. The team is playing like a team which inherently will get you opportunities with a man advantage, and yet they struggle to score, last game excluded. When the big dance starts if you don't score on PP you're probably out early, special teams are magnified 10 fold in the second season. Either that glaring deficiency is addressed or I fear we're in for more disappointment.

BlueinNy wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:35 am

I agree with you, the only weakness I can spot would be lack of PP goals. The team is playing like a team which inherently will get you opportunities with a man advantage, and yet they struggle to score, last game excluded. When the big dance starts if you don't score on PP you're probably out early, special teams are magnified 10 fold in the second season. Either that glaring deficiency is addressed or I fear we're in for more disappointment.
This. We've seen the Blues killed the in the playoffs before because of special teams. Thats what most of those games come down to. The Blues better fix it cause you're not going to dominate 5 on 5 hockey like they'd been when you're consistently facing the best of the best.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BlueinNy wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:35 am

I'll throw my 2 cents in. Big Justin Faulk fan, love his game, would love to see him here. He would be ideal for our PP............but Tim is right, it isn't happening :lol: That would almost be like a 3 way trade with Carolina and Toronto with Petro going to Toronto and the Blues getting Faulk plus futures.