Sens @ Blues 1.19.19

After a tough loss to end the road trip these guys need to come out and blow up the Sens

Blues 6
Sens 2

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/preview- ... =282288828

BLUES VS. SENATORS
When: Saturday, Jan. 19 at 6 p.m.
Watch: FOX Sports Midwest, FOX Sports App
Listen: KMOX 1120 AM, NHL App
Tickets: Enterprise Center Box Office or online at ticketmaster.com

TEAM SNAPSHOTS
BLUES The St. Louis Blues suffered their only regulation loss of a four-game road trip on Thursday against the Boston Bruins, falling 5-2.

Ryan O'Reilly and Carl Gunnarsson scored for the Blues, and David Perron picked up an assist to extend his career-best point streak to 13 games.

The Blues finished the road trip with a 2-1-1 record.

Re: Sens @ Blues 1.19.19

Perron out tonight with UBI. Looks like Steen is going back in. Fabbri a healthy scratch again (bust). Edmunson a healthy scratch as well.

Looks like Maroon will be on the top line with O'Reilly and Vladdy. Frankly, the other three lines look like horse crap too. There needs to be more creativity with these lineups.

Three more games before the All Star Break (Including this one); 16 games before the trade deadline (Monday Feb 25, noon EST)

Right now, by point %, the Blues would be keeping their 1st round pick (drafting 8/9, tied with Arizona) and are 12th/13th in the Western Conference (Also tied with Arizona).

I honestly kind of hope the Blues stumble both heading into and out of the ASB, and are convinced that they're 'sellers' this year. The probability of failing to make the playoffs while losing at least a top-10 pick in a great draft year is just too high.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:37 pm What’s up with Eddy and pretty much every others d-man on this roster regressing this year
Sportsnet.ca had one of them most comprehensive ratings of defensemen from back in October, looking at a host of factors, not just points and +/-, and had Parayko ranked at #20 overall, and Pietrangelo at #11 (His glaring weakness was special teams)

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/def ... e-seasons/

The NHL network had Pietrangelo listed at #9 overall in August

https://www.nhl.com/news/top-20-defense ... -299726154

The Hockey News, looking only at each team's #1 defenseman, had Pietrangelo at #9 also.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... in-2018-19

The regression of our defense has, IMHO, what's really killed the team this season.

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:23 pm I believe the Blues are selling regardless of the standings come trade deadline
It worked two years ago when they traded Shatty and still made the playoffs, but not as well last season after trading PS. That is if you consider making the playoffs the goal. I'm personally still hoping they sell off sooner than later and bring up a couple more players from SA.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

BluesSK wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:12 pm Perron out tonight with UBI. Looks like Steen is going back in. Fabbri a healthy scratch again (bust). Edmunson a healthy scratch as well.

Looks like Maroon will be on the top line with O'Reilly and Vladdy. Frankly, the other three lines look like horse crap too. There needs to be more creativity with these lineups.
Ha, I kinda like the bottom 6 more than the top 6 based on tonight’s starting lineup. I like the possibility of Blais getting more ice time and I like Mac playing cause you know he’s going to be aggressive. And Sanford’s not playing, that’s a plus IMO.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:54 pm
39hurricane wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:42 pm Jaden Schwartz will never score in the NHL again.

Ever.
Starting to look that way...it happens when you are playing against such high competition...very hard to maintain that ability.
It's bad enough that he's out every year for 20 games with an injury, but then he dosen't score in another 20.