2. Martin Necas - C - Carolina

3. Owen Tippett - RW- Detroit

6. Jordan Kyrou, RW, St. Louis

Previous ranking: 16

Skating: 60
Puck Skills: 60
Physical Game: 40
Hockey sense: 60

Kyrou hasn’t had much success at the NHL level this season, but he’s been fantastic in the AHL as a 20-year-old, named an AHL All-Star and consistently a threat. The offensive tools Kyrou has make you optimistic about his NHL projection. He’s an elite skater with a lot of offensive creativity. He can play in a straight line with his speed, as well as having the skill to pull up and make a play. He’s got to get stronger, a little tougher and learn to play inside the dots, but the talent will make him a power play guy if he rounds out his game a little bit.

12. Dominik Bokk, RW, St. Louis

Previous ranking: 21

Skating: 55
Puck Skills: 65
Physical Game: 45

Bokk hasn’t dominated the SHL this season but I still think his development is on track for a guy who one-and-a-half seasons ago was in German junior hockey. He was the top scorer at the U20 B pool and, in the past month, his play in the SHL has gotten a lot better, with him being a regular on Vaxjo’s top power play unit on the half-wall. His skill level is great. I saw him fighting the puck a bit more than I’d have liked early on this season, but I was also more impressed with his vision and pace than what I saw last season. He may take longer than a typical top prospect and needs a lot of work off the puck, but I think when it clicks, with his skill level, he’s going to start rolling over teams.

40. Klim Kostin, LW, St. Louis

Previous ranking: 40

Puck Skills: 55
Physical Game: 65
Hockey sense: 55

Kostin is a hard player for me to figure out. He’s got a lot of tools that intrigue me. He’s big, skilled, skates well and has a real mean streak to his game. At the amateur level, he’s consistently impressed me and he’s added an extra step to his skating this season. Versus men in the AHL, though, he’s been good but nothing spectacular, and the production is so-so. It makes me wonder if he’s just so physically ahead of other juniors that he looks better than he is. I believe too much in his skill set though so I am willing to let him figure it out.

Villie Husso came in at #16 amongst goalies.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: Pronman: Mid-season prospect rankings

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:32 am https://theathletic.com/761041/2019/01/ ... t-ranking/

Top 3

1. Quinn Hughes - D - Vancouver

2. Martin Necas - C - Carolina

3. Owen Tippett - RW- Detroit

6. Jordan Kyrou, RW, St. Louis

Previous ranking: 16

Skating: 60
Puck Skills: 60
Physical Game: 40

Kyrou hasn’t had much success at the NHL level this season, but he’s been fantastic in the AHL as a 20-year-old, named an AHL All-Star and consistently a threat. The offensive tools Kyrou has make you optimistic about his NHL projection. He’s an elite skater with a lot of offensive creativity. He can play in a straight line with his speed, as well as having the skill to pull up and make a play. He’s got to get stronger, a little tougher and learn to play inside the dots, but the talent will make him a power play guy if he rounds out his game a little bit.

12. Dominik Bokk, RW, St. Louis

Previous ranking: 21

Puck Skills: 65
Physical Game: 45

Bokk hasn’t dominated the SHL this season but I still think his development is on track for a guy who one-and-a-half seasons ago was in German junior hockey. He was the top scorer at the U20 B pool and, in the past month, his play in the SHL has gotten a lot better, with him being a regular on Vaxjo’s top power play unit on the half-wall. His skill level is great. I saw him fighting the puck a bit more than I’d have liked early on this season, but I was also more impressed with his vision and pace than what I saw last season. He may take longer than a typical top prospect and needs a lot of work off the puck, but I think when it clicks, with his skill level, he’s going to start rolling over teams.

40. Klim Kostin, LW, St. Louis

Previous ranking: 40

Puck Skills: 55
Physical Game: 65
Hockey sense: 55

Kostin is a hard player for me to figure out. He’s got a lot of tools that intrigue me. He’s big, skilled, skates well and has a real mean streak to his game. At the amateur level, he’s consistently impressed me and he’s added an extra step to his skating this season. Versus men in the AHL, though, he’s been good but nothing spectacular, and the production is so-so. It makes me wonder if he’s just so physically ahead of other juniors that he looks better than he is. I believe too much in his skill set though so I am willing to let him figure it out.

Villie Husso came in at #16 amongst goalies.
Looks like Kostin is the Russian Zach Kassian.

I'm a fan of Kostin. I think Pronman is looking at it wrong. Kostin hasn't excelled because he is a power forward. He needs to mature more and get stronger for his game to shine at the pro level. True power forwards with good hands usually take a little longer to develop, but they are usually worth the wait. We all saw his attitude this WJC. He has the commitment and drive. It'll just take time.

Doug Glatt wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:42 pm I'm a fan of Kostin. I think Pronman is looking at it wrong. Kostin hasn't excelled because he is a power forward. He needs to mature more and get stronger for his game to shine at the pro level. True power forwards with good hands usually take a little longer to develop, but they are usually worth the wait. We all saw his attitude this WJC. He has the commitment and drive. It'll just take time.
David Backes only scored 15 g & 23pts in 43g at the AHL level, & he was 21-22 yrs old. He also had 3 yrs of college experience.

I get a strong Backes-vibe from Kostin, with the size, leadership, & mean streak. If he follows the same trajectory, he's got at least another season before Id start to question his future.

STLBlueshistory wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:06 pm TSN’s ranking of NHL-affiliated prospects

Jordan Kyrou is the only Blues affiliated player ranked here.

https://www.tsn.ca/russian-wingers-top- ... -1.1241872
That looks like a better list to me. Denisenko looked ridiculous In the WJC’s. I’d probably have him ranked #1. Florida is gonna add Denisenko, Heponiemi, Tippett and then probably sign Panarin in the offseason.....lol
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:16 pm
STLBlueshistory wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:06 pm TSN’s ranking of NHL-affiliated prospects

That looks like a better list to me. Denisenko looked ridiculous In the WJC’s. I’d probably have him ranked #1. Florida is gonna add Denisenko, Heponiemi, Tippett and then probably sign Panarin in the offseason.....lol
The top two guys are Russian and Tim likes it. What is going on in this world?
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:35 pm

He switched salad dressings. It'll do it to ya every time...............
russian.jpg russian.jpg Viewed 13819 times 27.41 KiB

BillP. wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:43 pm

russian.jpg
Breadman going to FLA would be great, provided they can get a cheap competent tender. Not over the hill and declining, and not a guy that just can't quite figure it out.

I give credit when credit is due and Deniskenko looks like the real deal to me.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BillP. wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:43 pm

russian.jpg
Haha...never. This is the only dressing that goes on my salads!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Attachments
dressing.jpg dressing.jpg Viewed 13803 times 27.46 KiB