Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Washington - 6:00pm

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:57 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:55 am At the beginning of the year how pissed would everyone have been about Kyrou being centered by Sunny D? That's an interesting line, should be fun to watch.
Yeah I’m just happy to see Kyrou get to play with an MVP caliber center.
The organization's two brightest offensive stars on the same line. I feel bad for the Caps.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

barcthespark wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:24 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:50 am Jake Allen appears to be the starter. Light your torches folks, we march at noon.

Gunnarson, MacEachern, Fabbri pressboxed.

Sanford-O’Reilly-Perron
Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Maroon-Sundqvist-Kyrou
Nolan-Barbashev-Blais
On a related note, Binnington was named the NHL's 2nd Star of the Week.
Bluesiest thing ever, get 2nd star of the week in the NHL. Get benched for a guy who owns a .827 save percentage in his last 5 games and he's 1-4. I am guessing he starts tomorrow though.

BlueinNy wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:33 pm Not starting the goalie that gives you the best chance to win is fucking ignorant . There, I said what everyone is thinking.

There was no way Binnington was, or should, play both tonight vs the Caps then tomorrow night vs the Islanders. Jake beat the Caps last time they played IIRC and does well on the road. Binnington is being managed as he should as a rookie NHL goalie, and getting a break for the night, and I would bet he starts tomorrow evening.

The question/s are this: Will the team in front of Jake put out a strong effort tonight and support Jake, AND will jake implode and let in a several softies if they don't. OR could we have like a 5-0 shutout because Jake plays awesome AND so do the skaters.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:52 pm... The question/s are this: Will the team in front of Jake put out a strong effort tonight and support Jake, AND will jake implode and let in a several softies if they don't. OR could we have like a 5-0 shutout because Jake plays awesome AND so do the skaters.
Whichever option induces the most severe whiplash to Blues fans on this continuing rollercoaster ride of a season. Bet on it.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:26 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:23 pm Short side goal against Allen. Never seen that before.
You are actually blaming Allen for four other dingbats forgetting Ovechkin was on the ice and having a point blank shot?

Come on.
Allen was definitely part of the problem. He knew it was coming, yet you could've fit another goalie between Allen and the near post.

Unfortunately, I'm seeing some very familiar hockey by the Blues so far tonight.