Re: Kyrou and Nolan Re-called

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:47 pm You figure Kyrou isn't coming up to play on the fourth line or sit in the pressbox. This seems like bad news for Maroon or Fabbri or maybe both with Steen close to a return as well.
Says a lot about the talent level between last year and this year. Last year, any warm body could play on the third line. This year, at this point, competition is playing players who could have been regulars last year, out of a job. Good thing for the team, tough on players.

barnburner wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:53 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:47 pm You figure Kyrou isn't coming up to play on the fourth line or sit in the pressbox. This seems like bad news for Maroon or Fabbri or maybe both with Steen close to a return as well.
Says a lot about the talent level between last year and this year. Last year, any warm body could play on the third line. This year, at this point, competition is playing players who could have been regulars last year, out of a job. Good thing for the team, tough on players.
Maroon plays better when he gets a week's rest in-between games. :)

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:11 pm
barnburner wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:53 pm
Maroon plays better when he gets a week's rest in-between games. :)
That’s Jaskin all over again

BillP. wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:04 pm Do the Blues really need these guys or are they just superstitious? Jordan Binnington, now Jordan Kyrou and Jordan Nolan. I see a theme here. Maybe the horoscope says January is a good month for Jordan’s and the Blues want to cash in.
And yet Schmaltz still can’t crack the lineup. Damn.

insideout wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:45 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:04 pm Do the Blues really need these guys or are they just superstitious? Jordan Binnington, now Jordan Kyrou and Jordan Nolan. I see a theme here. Maybe the horoscope says January is a good month for Jordan’s and the Blues want to cash in.
IDK... He's a late-bloomer, if he blooms at all. If they're going for it, they can't afford to experiment with him... not saying that they can't try him with a fresh start next year, but Jake's dug too big of a hole for the Blues to have the type of wiggle room required at this point. JMHO

insideout wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:45 pm
Ha - forgot about him. Yeah, it’s so bad for Schmaltzie he can’t even catch a break in the horoscope.

wannabebluesplayer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:23 am
Or...you could just trade Steen and be done with that.
I'm all for clearing room for Kyrou one way or another. Steen's going to be the hardest core piece to move, so I think he'll probably be around the rest of the year at the least.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:45 am
wannabebluesplayer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:23 am
Or...you could just trade Steen and be done with that.
I'm all for clearing room for Kyrou one way or another. Steen's going to be the hardest core piece to move, so I think he'll probably be around the rest of the year at the least.
BOOOOOOOOO!!