Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Edmonton - 8:00pm - FSMW/KMOX - 12/18

wannabebluesplayer wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:45 pm Why do I still hate that 3rd line SO hard? Also, why can't they try Schmaltz at all? Was he really THAT bad?
In 20 games, Schmaltz has the worst relative corsi% of any Blues defenseman. I know not everyone is on board with the advanced stats, but when you're worse in that category than Bouwmeester, who couldn't skate for the first third of the season, it says something. I also think Schmaltz's scratch has to do with Butler playing exceedingly right now. Butler has been one of the few feel good stories for the team, so I fully expect him to break his leg tonight. Sorry Chris.

I'm at the point where if I watch the game, I want them to win, but if I don't, I want them to lose. I hate that.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:57 pm
wannabebluesplayer wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:45 pm Why do I still hate that 3rd line SO hard? Also, why can't they try Schmaltz at all? Was he really THAT bad?
In 20 games, Schmaltz has the worst relative corsi% of any Blues defenseman. I know not everyone is on board with the advanced stats, but when you're worse in that category than Bouwmeester, who couldn't skate for the first third of the season, it says something. I also think Schmaltz's scratch has to do with Butler playing exceedingly right now. Butler has been one of the few feel good stories for the team, so I fully expect him to break his leg tonight. Sorry Chris.

I'm at the point where if I watch the game, I want them to win, but if I don't, I want them to lose. I hate that.
Didn't know about any of his advanced stats, should have checked.

wannabebluesplayer wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:07 pm

Nah, I think not knowing the individual advanced stats for this team is the healthy alternative.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:51 pm

Nah, I think not knowing the individual advanced stats for this team is the healthy alternative.
Yeah, the hell with stats. The eyeball test is still there best way to judge a hockey player. Personally, I find Schmaltz to be underwhelming. Very shaky. Maybe in a couple of years, that will change. Some dmen take years, aka Butler

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:51 pm

Nah, I think not knowing the individual advanced stats for this team is the healthy alternative.[/b\

Funniest shit I've read in a while. Bravo.

It sucks bc it's only funny bc it's true :/
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

BillP wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:48 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:39 pm Ty Rattie in the lineup playing on a line with RNH and and Rieder
Man, Puljujarvi on the 4th line. That kid just looks like he isn't going to make it. Only 27 shots on goal in 23 games. That isn't going to work.
I remember 'stretching' to draft him in my fantasy league with the #13 overall pick (first pick of the 2nd round). I also picked Nikolay Goldobin in the second, and Brady Skjei in the early third, thinking I was getting all three of them for a steal.

Fortunately I was able to draft Austin Matthews at #1 overall, make a trade that landed me Jonathan Huberdeau AND M-A Fleury, and scored on drafting Timo Meier as a 'shot in the dark' in the 4th round, so I guess I didn't do too badly overall.

RAFritchey wrote: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:25 pm I remember 'stretching' to draft him in my fantasy league with the #13 overall pick (first pick of the 2nd round). I also picked Nikolay Goldobin in the second, and Brady Skjei in the early third, thinking I was getting all three of them for a steal.

Fortunately I was able to draft Austin Matthews at #1 overall, make a trade that landed me Jonathan Huberdeau AND M-A Fleury, and scored on drafting Timo Meier as a 'shot in the dark' in the 4th round, so I guess I didn't do too badly overall.
Well at least someone is happy :evil:

Maybe
Last edited by bradleygt89 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do Only Good Everyday"