Re: Flyers/Blues speculation

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:32 pm Just speculation but the Flyers make a lot of sense as a trade partner. They have a lot of everything we need.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ ... er=ya4nbcs
Ummmm, what? That article read like Vova and Pie should just be theirs. Nothing about what could be coming back that would be worth anything...

Upon further reading, you're just posting a Philadelphia Flyers based writer for NBCSN.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:48 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:32 pm Just speculation but the Flyers make a lot of sense as a trade partner. They have a lot of everything we need.

Ummmm, what? That article read like Vova and Pie should just be theirs. Nothing about what could be coming back that would be worth anything...

Upon further reading, you're just posting a Philadelphia Flyers based writer for NBCSN.
yes...thats why i said speculation. There has been a lot of smoke on both the Flyers and Blues fronts. You have a new GM in Philly that wants to put his stamp on the team and you have the Blues and everybody being available. There is a deal to be made with the Flyers....and a very good one for the Blues.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:01 pm

yes...thats why i said speculation. There has been a lot of smoke on both the Flyers and Blues fronts. You have a new GM in Philly that wants to put his stamp on the team and you have the Blues and everybody being available. There is a deal to be made with the Flyers....and a very good one for the Blues.
I like Fletcher, he isn't afraid to make a deal to improve his team. Flyers have a ton of assets over there, so if there's no deal done here, then blame Army because Fletch is open for business.

BillP wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:30 pm

I like Fletcher, he isn't afraid to make a deal to improve his team. Flyers have a ton of assets over there, so if there's no deal done here, then blame Army because Fletch is open for business.
What should we be hoping for from the Flyers, if a deal is to be done?

Cotton McKnight wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:20 am

If we are dealing one of the big two...I'm asking for one of Konecny or Patrick, one of their dmen like Hagg, Morin etc, one of their prospects like Farabee, Frost, O'Brien, or Ratcliffe and one of their goalie prospects. I know Hart is off the table but I'll take Sandstrom.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:46 am

If we are dealing one of the big two...I'm asking for one of Konecny or Patrick, one of their dmen like Hagg, Morin etc, one of their prospects like Farabee, Frost, O'Brien, or Ratcliffe and one of their goalie prospects. I know Hart is off the table but I'll take Sandstrom.
Didn’t they get Frost with a pick they received from the Blues? Would be funny if he just ended up with the Blues anyway.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Wasn't Hextall fired because ownership wanted him to sell assets to win now and he refused? From that perspective they make a lot of sense since we're likely to sell hard. They seem to have a rather full cupboard of prospects and young NHLers, so I could see a match if Petro is willing to waive for Philly (not sure he would). I think they could use Petro more than Tarasenko, but who knows what Fletcher thinks.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:59 am
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:46 am

Didn’t they get Frost with a pick they received from the Blues? Would be funny if he just ended up with the Blues anyway.
Yes...Frost was drafted with one of the picks they got in the Schenn deal. After thinking about it a bit more...I'd probably demand one of Farabee or Ratcliffe in the deal. I'm not sold on Frost at this point...he could still bust I think but I also think there might be some Brayden Point like potential there. Farabee is going to score goals at the NHL level...no doubt in my mind as is Ratcliffe.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Why is everyone wanting to move Petro or Tarasenko before trying to move Steen, Maroon, or a few others off this team first?

With that said, I do think the Flyers offer a good chance to retool this team depending on what you could get and their needs. Could you work to get Allen there so it could be him and Carter Hart? They have a good young defense corp already. If Petro would be leaving for them, could you swing getting Provorov, because if we're losing Petro, I'd really like Provorov, but I don't see Fletcher doing that.

Not sure if this belongs in this thread or elsewhere, but Parayko holds the top slot on TSN's trade bait board. I get why from the sense that he has an easy to move contract and would have 30 teams bidding on him, but man I just don't think that's the right move. Yes, Parayko probably gets you the biggest return outside of Tarasenko, but man Paryako doesn't seem like the problem. Sure he hasn't turned into the All-Star we thought he might a couple years ago, but that does not shake up the leadership whatsoever. Plus I still think Parayko can improve a bit. He's shown some positive signs in the last few games since Petro went down that support that. I hope Seravelli got some bad info on this one.

https://www.tsn.ca/parayko-tops-tsn-tra ... -1.1226273

wannabebluesplayer wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:20 am Why is everyone wanting to move Petro or Tarasenko before trying to move Steen, Maroon, or a few others off this team first?

With that said, I do think the Flyers offer a good chance to retool this team depending on what you could get and their needs. Could you work to get Allen there so it could be him and Carter Hart? They have a good young defense corp already. If Petro would be leaving for them, could you swing getting Provorov, because if we're losing Petro, I'd really like Provorov, but I don't see Fletcher doing that.
I think guys like Maroon/Bouwmeester don't really change much if you ship them out, and don't bring much in return. Steen wouldn't bring a big haul, but his departure definitely would change up the leadership. I think the reason the focus is around Petro/Tarasenko is because they're the guys that fit in the Venn diagram of players other teams would want that would also change leadership and the look in the room. Frankly, I don't know what the right move is at all.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:32 am
wannabebluesplayer wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:20 am Why is everyone wanting to move Petro or Tarasenko before trying to move Steen, Maroon, or a few others off this team first?

I think guys like Maroon/Bouwmeester don't really change much if you ship them out, and don't bring much in return. Steen wouldn't bring a big haul, but his departure definitely would change up the leadership. I think the reason the focus is around Petro/Tarasenko is because they're the guys that fit in the Venn diagram of players other teams would want that would also change leadership and the look in the room. Frankly, I don't know what the right move is at all.
That's the exact reasoning I think many are using for trading one or both of 27 and 91. My question to them is, what do you do when it doesn't change the team or work out the way you think? Why do they fit the leadership/lockerroom change more than Steen, the one guy who's been here 10 years and from all what many think, although I tend to disagree, is the most...I'll use respected...voice in the room. Wouldn't that be the leadership change aspect you're more looking for at this time? We've all heard the Petro isn't "one of the guys" or "is weak", etc. Maybe I'm delusional, but once instance of him getting sat on by Benn and his team doing nothing is more an indictment on the rest of the team than him. He knew the Blues needed to win that game and didn't want to put his team down and take himself off the ice with some retaliatory move. Do I wish this team would stick up for each other more and play for each other more, of course, but I've NEVER, and I'll repeat, NEVER seen Steen lay down in front of a goal like Tank did, or play near the amount of minutes or step up his game to another level like Petro has CONSISTENTLY in the playoffs.

I'm all for the leadership/core change in the locker room, but I will absolutely, 100% stop following this team if Steen outlasts 91 or 27 on this team. In my no so expert opinion, leadership and respect among a group of your peers is something you earn no matter the profession or rank you hold, and I'm using the letters as the rank. Speaking from experience as a former E-6 in the Army, I wasn't the most vocal to my guys and I wasn't always the hardest working guy either, but I consistently showed them respect and would help them in any way I could. I stood up and fought for the things they needed and at times wanted, but I also disciplined and explained to them when they stepped out of their lanes. I coached them in how they should handle situations, or I let them observe how I handled it and asked them to critique when we discussed it later. The truth is, no one outside of the coaches, players, and management knows who the true leaders of that team are. All we as fans, media, and others are ever going to know are the cookie cutter answers unless someone decides to be a whistle blower or speak under the table, which if that happens, this team has MUCH bigger problems than who's the leader in the locker room.

Do I think there needs to be a leadership change, absolutely, but I disagree with many on who it should be. If you're going to work out a trade plan with Philadelphia, in this instance, who are you targeting that will make the Blues better and possibly get them back into the playoffs and Cup hunt next season? You're not getting Carter Hart as he's their future in goal, which is exactly what the Blues need. You're not getting Provorov, Ghost, Hagg, Konecny, Patrick, or Sanheim. I doubt they'll trade any of their core or young forwards already on the team, so now you're looking at futures, and again, they have a great farm system, but how do futures really help your current core compete? I honestly don't know what I'd do if I'm Armstrong other than I'm not trading anyone of O'Reilly, Tank, Thomas, Kyrou, Parayko, Edmundson, and Dunn and I'm going to try and build around that group of players. Petro, Schwartz, and Schenn could be had but for a large price.

I know I partially hijacked this thread and I apologize for the rant. I guess at this point, I'm just frustrated by the people who seem to think some of the veterans on this team are immune and it's all the "leadership and young guys" who are making this team bad.

To me, the right move is Steen and Petro. Steen first. His name is always right in the middle of every issue. Find a team that he will wave his NTC for and ship him out. Secondly, Petro would bring a haul. Making those two moves completes the two objectives: change the core and get younger/faster for a mini rebuild.
KA-KAW!

wannabebluesplayer wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:10 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:32 am

That's the exact reasoning I think many are using for trading one or both of 27 and 91. My question to them is, what do you do when it doesn't change the team or work out the way you think? Why do they fit the leadership/lockerroom change more than Steen, the one guy who's been here 10 years and from all what many think, although I tend to disagree, is the most...I'll use respected...voice in the room.
Wannabe, I just clipped part of your post, but agree with a lot of what you said. Us fans won't really know who the "problem players" are in the room unless an expose book comes out in 2058. I think most of us, though maybe I have that misjudged, would be absolutely fine if Steen were moved. I think the reason his name doesn't come up as much is just because the return would be so much lower due to his age/contract/productivity. I'd be fine if any or all of those 3 were moved. I like what they all bring to certain areas of the game, but I'd rather lop off an entire organ than let the cancer spread. Make sure you get rid of the bad stuff, even if it means taking out more of the properly functioning parts than you need to.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:52 am I'd love if Army can get someone to take on Bozak's contract in one of these deals.
I think Bozak is a surprise candidate to be moved. Have to wonder how that will affect free agents in the future. Of course Bozak might be happy to get out of this shit show too. Boston is looking for a center. Winnipeg could use a center.....there are options out there for him for sure.

"Suck a dick Johansen"