Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Winnipeg 10/22 - 7:00cst - TV: NHL/FSMW

Bortuzzo's hurt. Jerebek is bad. Those pairings make sense in that context I guess. Schmaltz is doing well to keep his foot in the door, good for him. I'd like to get Thomas back in up front, but I'm having a hard time figuring out who you take out. Barbashev has been playing great, including on the PK, which is huge. I guess maybe Blais would be the other option given that Sanford had a strong game last time. I'm sure we'll see Thomas again soon, hopefully not due to injury.

Big tilt tonight, a W here would be very reassuring. LGB!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

I would like to see Thomas again soon. At this point, I think Blais is the logical person to take out right now, but it would push Barbashev back to LW and I think Thomas and Kyrou could show some good chemistry. Sucks for Bortuzzo as he has had some good games this season. I hope Bouwmeester can contribute something but I'm worried against a speedy team like Winnipeg how he'll be able to handle it. Partially makes me miss Gunnarsson because Jerabek isn't very good.

insideout wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:48 pm If you rearrange the letters in the name "Jarabek" you get "Be a jerk." Therefore, I predict a score of 5-2 Jets.
This is the hard hitting analysis I come to this forum for.

I'm actually not all that pessimistic about this game. I'm not necessarily predicting a win, but the first game was fairly even until the wheels fell off behind some atrocious blown assignments. I'm hoping those have been cleaned up a little. I expect a spirited affair tonight at the very least.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Candidly, I'm not expecting a win because lets face it, not many teams go into Winnipeg and come away with a victory.

However, in the moral victory category, even if they lose, if we see a lot of what we saw versus Toronto continue, I'll be satisfied. If they get blown out 5-1, I'll be pissed and probably blame it all on Yeo and JayBo.

Expectations are low but hopes are high.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:56 pm
insideout wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:48 pm If you rearrange the letters in the name "Jarabek" you get "Be a jerk." Therefore, I predict a score of 5-2 Jets.
This is the hard hitting analysis I come to this forum for.

I'm actually not all that pessimistic about this game. I'm not necessarily predicting a win, but the first game was fairly even until the wheels fell off behind some atrocious blown assignments. I'm hoping those have been cleaned up a little. I expect a spirited affair tonight at the very least.
A spirited affair indeed, lol

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:42 pm Candidly, I'm not expecting a win because lets face it, not many teams go into Winnipeg and come away with a victory.

However, in the moral victory category, even if they lose, if we see a lot of what we saw versus Toronto continue, I'll be satisfied. If they get blown out 5-1, I'll be pissed and probably blame it all on Yeo and JayBo.

I knew they were good at home, but didn't realize this, wow: "
The Winnipeg Jets will look to keep their run of games without a regulation loss at home going when they take on the St. Louis Blues tonight. The Jets have not lost a regular season game in regulation at home since February 27th against Nashville. In the 14 games since then, the team is 13-0-1."

https://www.arcticicehockey.com/2018/10 ... es-preview
"Do Only Good Everyday"

I'm REALLY worried with Bouwmeester back in the lineup, as much as I hate to say it (I've had him on fantasy teams since his Florida days). I really think he's pulling the rest of the D-corps off balance both offensively and defensively. These days, I'd rather have Gunnarsson OR Bortuzzo dressed ahead of him, but they're both injured. The Toronto game was probably the best game we've played all season (though still far from perfect), and the biggest difference was no JBo in the lineup.

Hopefully Pietrangelo, Dunn, Edmundson, Parayko, and Schmaltz are up to the task, and don't have to get away from their own games to take up the slack.

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:48 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:42 pm Candidly, I'm not expecting a win because lets face it, not many teams go into Winnipeg and come away with a victory.

I knew they were good at home, but didn't realize this, wow: "
The Winnipeg Jets will look to keep their run of games without a regulation loss at home going when they take on the St. Louis Blues tonight. The Jets have not lost a regular season game in regulation at home since February 27th against Nashville. In the 14 games since then, the team is 13-0-1."

https://www.arcticicehockey.com/2018/10 ... es-preview
The Jets are due for a loss. Blues win in OT.

RAFritchey wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:31 pm I'm REALLY worried with Bouwmeester back in the lineup, as much as I hate to say it (I've had him on fantasy teams since his Florida days). I really think he's pulling the rest of the D-corps off balance both offensively and defensively. These days, I'd rather have Gunnarsson OR Bortuzzo dressed ahead of him, but they're both injured. The Toronto game was probably the best game we've played all season (though still far from perfect), and the biggest difference was no JBo in the lineup.

Hopefully Pietrangelo, Dunn, Edmundson, Parayko, and Schmaltz are up to the task, and don't have to get away from their own games to take up the slack.
Jbo needs to show something tonight.