Re: JayBo about to be pressboxed???

It's about time. I've been a J Bo hater for 2 seasons now. More about where he was in the lineup than his overall play - hard to argue that he isn't in our top 6 D corps, but he by no means should be a lock for PK and top pairing minutes. I was pleasantly surprised in the two preseason games I attended and watched him a lot and he looked like he had that extra step or two back that he's lost the past few years. Then the season started and he's been worse than he has been before. The lack of IQ to not pinch last night on the Canadiens first goal is way more egregious of an error than Parayko's flub at the end, even though it won't make any "not top 10" highlight reels. He has lost his several steps in his skating, can't get a puck through traffic (and more times than not sends weird half pass/shot attempts towards the net) and is late to transition into his defensive position almost every time. Unfortunately I think it's time to take this old horse out to pasture. I would be supportive of playing him every 3 or 4 games on the 3rd pairing and subbing in for injuries, but he just isn't an effective player in any facet of the game anymore to be logging anywhere near 20 minutes a night.

The rest of the pairings are a little bizarre, but I'm glad Bouwmeester is likely sitting. I think in the past, though diminished, he's still been more solid than he was given credit for, but this year he's been a trainwreck. It's not the most surprising thing given all the time missed last year with injury, but the Blues can't afford to let him work through it since they've put themselves in such a hole in the standings. The frustrating thing about JBo this year is that his mistakes don't have anything to do with rusty legs or old age, he's just making stupid plays with the puck, often handing it right to the opposition without much effort on their end.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:59 pm Because this isn’t the other message board where political views are needed nor relevant to this team.
lol......surely even you can see the genius of the name "Yeobama" Goddamn Dread.....somebody came up with something genius and here you are crapping all over it! DAMNIT TO HELL!!!!
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Anywho, apparently the forward lines are getting messed with as well.

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Sanford!-O'Reilly-Perron
Maroon-Bozak-Steen
Blais-Thomas/Barbashev-Kyrou

I like reuniting Tarasenko with Schenn/Schwartz. I don't know about throwing Sanford with O'Reilly, but nothing should be sacred at this point. Just win a damn game.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

I really just made up Yeo-bama because I always thought these Obama memes were funny:
The reason these memes are funny is because it is always something that is NOT Obama's fault.

It's really not about a particular party affiliation. It's just funny because of the mash up of names. Now every time something goes wrong with the Blues, whether it's Yeo's fault or not, we can say "Thanks Yeobama."

Don't worry though... we will only be able to say it until Tuesday. After the ass kicking from the Leafs and the Jets, Yeobama will be impeached.

LGB - MBGA!
KA-KAW!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:33 pm Anywho, apparently the forward lines are getting messed with as well.

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Sanford!-O'Reilly-Perron
Maroon-Bozak-Steen
Blais-Thomas/Barbashev-Kyrou

I like reuniting Tarasenko with Schenn/Schwartz. I don't know about throwing Sanford with O'Reilly, but nothing should be sacred at this point. Just win a damn game.
So Kyrou has his best game and gets relegated to the 4th line. So focking stupid. Yeo definitely deserves whats coming his way
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

barnburner wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:16 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:53 pm Can we retire the Yeobama name, please?
Agreed. Please keep political opinions out of here
QFA. I think it's funny, and am not that politically sensitive, but if it's going to ruffle political feathers, I'd just as soon stay away from it. Any discussion even VAGUELY political tends to go sideways REALLY fast these days.

What else could we come up with? Yeobody? YeoHoHo? Yeo must geo? Yeo Blake?

RAFritchey wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:45 pm
barnburner wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:16 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:53 pm Can we retire the Yeobama name, please?
Agreed. Please keep political opinions out of here
QFA. I think it's funny, and am not that politically sensitive, but if it's going to ruffle political feathers, I'd just as soon stay away from it. Any discussion even VAGUELY political tends to go sideways REALLY fast these days.

What else could we come up with? Yeobody? YeoHoHo? Yeo must geo? Yeo Blake?
How about just Yeo? Giving him a nickname may be confused with a term of endearment, and I don't think there is too many endearing feelings towards Yeo at this time.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Feel bad for ROR, if those lines stick. Dudes done everything right since coming here and is about to get the shaft as far as linemates goes because everything around him has fallen apart.

I think this team might need more than a coach shakeup. Might need a trade. If they can move Parayko for a younger, first or second year defenseman with some promise and a pick I’d look at doing that. Not because of his error last night, but since it would shake up the core of the team and send a message.