Re: Fantasy Hockey

CaptSMRT wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:09 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:08 am Draft day! Do we know a draft order or does it assign the order randomly tonight?
Usually gets randomly assigned when the draft room opens.
If I had the first pick over all I know what I wouldn't do.
A. Pick a goalie
B. Pick Tarasenko
C. Pick a player outside the Pacific Division
D. None of the above

It went well last night. Have no idea how my team will shape up. Wanted to get an elite goalie early for a change but they went fast. So then I pretty much ignored goalies the whole draft. And I also veered from the norm, I usually draft a team big on faceoffs, hits and blocks. Didn't go that route this time. I'll have to see how this works out. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm out there making some trade offers down the line this season.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:09 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:07 pm I love and hate my draft in equal measure. Let the games begin, baby!
I think everyone does. I am curious to see how me drafting Connor MCDavid ruins his season.
I like your team. If he stays out of jail he'll probably help out The Goons.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

I wasn’t able to participate live for most of it, but I did get Bedard first round, very curious how that works out. I was also able to be there live in some later rounds, took Husso and some high PIM dudes to round out my very odd roster. Other than G, I’m not unhappy with it, it’s just weird as fuck, and G is a big question mark, not a hate…yet.

T.C. wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:54 am I wasn’t able to participate live for most of it, but I did get Bedard first round, very curious how that works out. I was also able to be there live in some later rounds, took Husso and some high PIM dudes to round out my very odd roster. Other than G, I’m not unhappy with it, it’s just weird as fuck, and G is a big question mark, not a hate…yet.
Yeah, you stole Husso from me!! I had him pegged next and you took him 😂
Didn’t expect that cause your previous pick was a goalie, albeit a curious choice. I’m guessing that was an auto pick. So I can see why you corrected that and took Husso next.