Re: JR: Maroon to sign with Blues

Hey, I actually have a source. Southside, who hasn't posted here in a while, I work with the guy, he knows Phil and some people close to the Maroons. What he heard is that Maroon is having trouble passing the physical(back) and that is what's causing the delay. That's the story and it sounds plausible.

BillP wrote:Hey, I actually have a source. Southside, who hasn't posted here in a while, I work with the guy, he knows Phil and some people close to the Maroons. What he heard is that Maroon is having trouble passing the physical(back) and that is what's causing the delay. That's the story and it sounds plausible.
Well, thats certainly concerning, assuming this info is true.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
BillP wrote:Hey, I actually have a source. Southside, who hasn't posted here in a while, I work with the guy, he knows Phil and some people close to the Maroons. What he heard is that Maroon is having trouble passing the physical(back) and that is what's causing the delay. That's the story and it sounds plausible.

Anyone who goes by Southside is definitely credible ;)

Didn't someone on the Blues recently have back surgery, like in last couple of years?
"Do Only Good Everyday"

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
He had back surgery I believe recently.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hocke ... k-surgery/

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:I still have my #74 Jay McKee Blues jersey and I still wear it proudly!
Moments like this are when I question your mental stability Tim ;)
Between this and his wanting a Russian over a North American prospect, this truly has been a strange off-season for Tim. :lol:
I like to think of it as that I’m evolving and that I’m close to reaching the pinnacle of male evolution
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

barnburner wrote:
He was fun to watch but I still can't believe they traded Bryce Salvador for him.
That trade should never have been necessary. Signing the free agent dman from New York name?? (Big shot blocker) prevented the Blues from being able to afford Salvador, who was twice as good as the guy Davidson signed. Salvador should have retired a blues player. (Whew! Damn near invited the wrath of T.C. by calling Salvador a Blue! Lol )
Jay McKee?

That reminds me, between him and Ryan Miller....Maybe we should be avoiding acquiring players from the Sabres.... :shock:
Jay McKee! That's it. Not that the guy was a slug, but he wasn't worth the contract he got here, and worse than that, we lost Salvador because we were desperate to sign somebody, anybody.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Honestly, I'd ban UMSL. :lol:
Hey man, I was just quoting JR! CAPT was right, he sucks! :lol:
he is a blew.

jay mckee drove one of those massive semi cab style pickup trucks. was great seeing him pull up to practice in those next to whatever euro sports car flavor of the month. he also "invented" the solid shot blocking skate attachments to help prevent foot/ankle injuries. he was great, just not great here. we traded for the player he was, not what he had become. similar to a great many deals we made in that era.

also, shjon podein was awesome.

barnburner wrote:
barnburner wrote:
That trade should never have been necessary. Signing the free agent dman from New York name?? (Big shot blocker) prevented the Blues from being able to afford Salvador, who was twice as good as the guy Davidson signed. Salvador should have retired a blues player. (Whew! Damn near invited the wrath of T.C. by calling Salvador a Blue! Lol )
Jay McKee?

That reminds me, between him and Ryan Miller....Maybe we should be avoiding acquiring players from the Sabres.... :shock:
Jay McKee! That's it. Not that the guy was a slug, but he wasn't worth the contract he got here, and worse than that, we lost Salvador because we were desperate to sign somebody, anybody.
That was a bad day IMO. In one day we resigned Jackman, traded Salvador for a 3rd rd pick, and then traded a 3rd for Cam Janssen. Trading Salvador was flat out horrible, not too mention he was worth more than a 3rd rounder. And then trading for Janssen because he was a STL kid, I mean, if he could play, then fine, but Janssen had the worst hands of anyone. If the puck didn't hit his body, it wasn't going in the net. Seriously, I believe all his goals (maybe 4 career goals?) were deflections off his body, none off the blade of his stick.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
IF this is true, that could be the reason why he would sign a one year deal and then re-up in January as speculated. Maybe the Blues want to get a good look at him before committing for a 3 or 4 year deal.
KA-KAW!

Just looked at the contract we gave McKee...he got the same contract Perron did (4x4) from us in 2006. His career high in point was 17 and he had 16 the year prior.

https://www.stlouisgametime.com/2009/6/ ... kee-leaves

This article indicates McKee was expected to get around $2M in free agency...and we gave him 4x4. Lol.

Anyways, back to the whole Maroon thing.

Edit to add:

Lol at the "deep" defense the article describes of Colaiacovo, Jackman, EJ, Polak, and Mike Weaver. Oh, and an injured Eric Brewer, can't forget him.

Doug Glatt wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:

So he had it in early May, and the estimated recovery time for his procedure is roughly 6 weeks or so. It has been a little longer than that, but nothing to get concerned about, I would think. But yeah, this would definitely explain the reason for a 1 year deal to start out. Guessing Maroon wants to be here, so he is willing to do that to prove to the Blues that he is healthy.

Matangama wrote:
Doug Glatt wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:

So he had it in early May, and the estimated recovery time for his procedure is roughly 6 weeks or so. It has been a little longer than that, but nothing to get concerned about, I would think. But yeah, this would definitely explain the reason for a 1 year deal to start out. Guessing Maroon wants to be here, so he is willing to do that to prove to the Blues that he is healthy.
For that amount of money, if his back is iffy, it might be worth a gamble. He brings something to the table that the Blues badly need.

Done per Jim Thomas: @jthom1
1m1 minute ago
More
It is finally official. Maroon has signed a one-year, $1.7 million with the Blues

edit: $1.75M bitches.

ST. LOUIS - Pat Maroon is coming home.

The 30-year-old free agent signed a one-year, $1.75 million contract to join his hometown St. Louis Blues on Tuesday.

Maroon, who grew up in Oakville and once played for the St. Louis Bandits of the North American Hockey League, has played in seven NHL seasons, including stints with the Anaheim Ducks, Edmonton Oilers and New Jersey Devils.

"We're excited to add Pat Maroon to our group," Blues General Manager Doug Armstrong said. "Things picked up over the last few days, and last night about 10:30 p.m. I got a call from him and his representative saying they'd like to be part of the St. Louis Blues."

Maroon set a career high in games played (81) and goals (27) just two seasons ago with the Oilers, and last season set a career high in points (43) while splitting time with Edmonton and New Jersey.

Overall, Maroon has recorded 178 points (78 goals, 100 assists) and 451 penalty minutes in 375 career regular season games in the NHL.

"This is a one-year opportunity for him to come back, hopefully play with some really good centermen and get back to that 27-goal performance he had in Edmonton, or close to it," Armstrong said. "We think he can help our team. I talked to some of our players about him, competing against him, and they spoke very highly about how hard he was to play against, how difficult he was to move in those high traffic areas. It's just another player we add to our group that makes us a little better than we were yesterday."

The signing, the latest in a busy summer for Armstrong, comes after the additions of free agents Tyler Bozak, David Perron and Chad Johnson. Armstrong also acquired Ryan O'Reilly from the Buffalo Sabres via a trade.

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/maroon-s ... -299440520
"Do Only Good Everyday"

UMSLBlues12 wrote:So did Pat’s brother just not know what was going on? Or was he just trolling everyone?
Was that even really his brother? Wasn't a verified account, so for real, could have been hacked, or maybe he was just trolling. he never said Pat wasn't signing with the Blues, just that the details were wrong, which he could have just been saying the time frame for the signing. Who knows. The tweets I read from him just seemed to be a troll of fans :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Good to know:

@CapFriendly
5m5 minutes ago
More
With the #Blues signing FA Patrick Maroon to 1 year/$1.75M contract, we now show the club with roughly $3.284M in projected cap space based on a 23 man roster (15F/6D/2G)

RFA's unsigned (3 total):

Jordan Schmaltz
Joel Edmundson (Arb)
Petteri Lindbohm

*Somebody is getting moved.*
"Do Only Good Everyday"