Re: Off-Season Signing & Trades Thread

NHLTIM wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:OFFICIAL: The Blackhawks have acquired Marcus Kruger, MacKenzie Entwistle, Jordan Maletta, Andrew Campbell and a 2019 fifth-round draft pick from Arizona in exchange for Marian Hossa, Vinnie Hinostroza, Jordan Oesterle and a 2019 third-round pick.
FYI, I just checked on all of those guys that all of you, like myself, had probably never heard of before reading about the trade. They all suck. Weird trade. Arizona gets the 2 best pieces in my eyes in Hinostroza and the pick. Oesterle is useful as well. Bizarre.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2589&p=52821&hilit=entwistle#p52821
You know I almost included a "besides Tim" in the part about not having heard of the players :lol:. It won't happen again!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:
FYI, I just checked on all of those guys that all of you, like myself, had probably never heard of before reading about the trade. They all suck. Weird trade. Arizona gets the 2 best pieces in my eyes in Hinostroza and the pick. Oesterle is useful as well. Bizarre.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2589&p=52821&hilit=entwistle#p52821
You know I almost included a "besides Tim" in the part about not having heard of the players :lol:. It won't happen again!
no problem...you can do a search on him here, I've talked about him plenty. That kid is a straight up warrior...you are all going to hate him very soon. He's a very good player...I like Vinnie Hinostroza a lot but really believe that the Hawks won this deal.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

While we're talking about the Hawks, they've got some work to do. Right now they only have 9 forwards and 6 defensemen under contract. They don't have any pending RFAs either. They've got a little over $9 million in cap space to work with as well. They've been rumored to be in on Justin Faulk, which would certainly help their D, but I'm not sure what they have in the works up front. I'm not super familiar with their prospect pool, but I think the highest potential impact guys they have play D, and need a little more time. The UFA pickings are pretty slim, so there's no big impact acquisition available through that route, and I'm not sure they have much in the way of trade chips aside from draft picks.

Maybe they nab Skinner as well as Faulk? That'd help, but I don't think that'd get them back to contender status at all. Right now I wouldn't slot them any higher than 5th in the Central. You can see the need for a big move, but I don't know how they can pull it off.

Dave's a mess wrote:While we're talking about the Hawks, they've got some work to do. Right now they only have 9 forwards and 6 defensemen under contract. They don't have any pending RFAs either. They've got a little over $9 million in cap space to work with as well. They've been rumored to be in on Justin Faulk, which would certainly help their D, but I'm not sure what they have in the works up front. I'm not super familiar with their prospect pool, but I think the highest potential impact guys they have play D, and need a little more time. The UFA pickings are pretty slim, so there's no big impact acquisition available through that route, and I'm not sure they have much in the way of trade chips aside from draft picks.

Maybe they nab Skinner as well as Faulk? That'd help, but I don't think that'd get them back to contender status at all. Right now I wouldn't slot them any higher than 5th in the Central. You can see the need for a big move, but I don't know how they can pull it off.
Skinner, Max P, Panarin? Some options out there for sure.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote:While we're talking about the Hawks, they've got some work to do. Right now they only have 9 forwards and 6 defensemen under contract. They don't have any pending RFAs either. They've got a little over $9 million in cap space to work with as well. They've been rumored to be in on Justin Faulk, which would certainly help their D, but I'm not sure what they have in the works up front. I'm not super familiar with their prospect pool, but I think the highest potential impact guys they have play D, and need a little more time. The UFA pickings are pretty slim, so there's no big impact acquisition available through that route, and I'm not sure they have much in the way of trade chips aside from draft picks.

And, if they do pull off a big move, you would image it would take picks/prospects to get it done. So, if that move doesn't pay off, they are really hurting their future at the same time. They have really backed themselves into a corner with the cap, but I would love for the Blues to be in that spot if it meant multiple Cups.
KA-KAW!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:

Skinner, Max P, Panarin? Some options out there for sure.
Indeed, those guys would help next season, but at what cost? They'd have to deal either high end prospects or first round picks for those guys, but none of them would really get them over the hump. There's flight risk too with all of them on the last year of their contract. I'm not sure how they get themselves out of the middle of the pack without blowing it up (which seems incredibly unlikely).

Hawks are still very thin on good prospects...they have a few decent prospects including dman Henri Jokiharju and they can't really afford to move him. Will be very interesting to see what they pull off here.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

ratonmono wrote:The Hawks should be looking at Faulk not Skinner or Patches. Their D is embarrassing. Their forwards are decent enough.

Jesus actually looking at their forwards, they're not good there either. Yuck.

I agree about Faulk, but when looking at that Roster, I don't see how they can find their way back. I mean, if Hossa didn't fall apart and if Crawford stayed healthy and Panarin doesn't get dealt, they probably make the playoffs last year. But this team is done. You have to wonder if it comes to the point where Kane & Toews go to management and say we'd like to be traded. At some point, this may happen, but when? I think they should blow it up.

BillP wrote:
ratonmono wrote:The Hawks should be looking at Faulk not Skinner or Patches. Their D is embarrassing. Their forwards are decent enough.

Jesus actually looking at their forwards, they're not good there either. Yuck.

I agree about Faulk, but when looking at that Roster, I don't see how they can find their way back. I mean, if Hossa didn't fall apart and if Crawford stayed healthy and Panarin doesn't get dealt, they probably make the playoffs last year. But this team is done. You have to wonder if it comes to the point where Kane & Toews go to management and say we'd like to be traded. At some point, this may happen, but when? I think they should blow it up.
We haven't even touched on the most important player/biggest question mark on the team. If Crawford isn't close to where he was at the beginning of last season they're toast.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that Artemi Panarin is their target. They know they messed up trading him, & w/ his rumored preference to be in a major city, they fit the bill.

I have no clue what they could give up that Columbus would want, but he just seems too logical.

Maybe the Jackets really like Entwistle, & he was a piece they needed to get the deal done?

usmcaaron wrote:I would bet dollars to doughnuts that Artemi Panarin is their target. They know they messed up trading him, & w/ his rumored preference to be in a major city, they fit the bill.

I have no clue what they could give up that Columbus would want, but he just seems too logical.

Maybe the Jackets really like Entwistle, & he was a piece they needed to get the deal done?
the rumor with Panarin is he wants to be by an ocean and not a lake.

Doug Glatt wrote:
usmcaaron wrote:I would bet dollars to doughnuts that Artemi Panarin is their target. They know they messed up trading him, & w/ his rumored preference to be in a major city, they fit the bill.

How about a river that flows into a gulf that flows into an ocean? :)

Doug Glatt wrote:

What the hell? His next contract is going to be off the charts. He should buy a damn home on whatever ocean he wants, for the off season. Hell buy one on the Atlantic, Pacific, Arctic, and South China Sea. Then sign someplace where he has a chance to win.

barnburner wrote:
Doug Glatt wrote:

What the hell? His next contract is going to be off the charts. He should buy a damn home on whatever ocean he wants, for the off season. Hell buy one on the Atlantic, Pacific, and South China Sea. Then sign someplace where he has a chance to win.

barnburner wrote:
Doug Glatt wrote:

What the hell? His next contract is going to be off the charts. He should buy a damn home on whatever ocean he wants, for the off season. Hell buy one on the Atlantic, Pacific, Arctic, and South China Sea. Then sign someplace where he has a chance to win.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl ... 1-horizon/

From Elliotte Friedman

"I mentioned Los Angeles, New York and Florida are rumoured to appeal to Artemi Panarin. You asked if that meant one New York team or both. I’m under the impression it is both. You also asked if that meant both Florida teams or just the Panthers. I’m less clear on that one, but I think it is both.

Agent Dan Milstein wouldn’t comment on potential destinations, but did say reports that Panarin wanted to go somewhere his girlfriend would have more opportunities to further her own career are not true."

I could see that, and I could see Saad going back the other way quite honestly. Undoing a trade that both organizations now probably wish they hadn't made. Chicago got worse and, while CBJ got better, they are probably disappointed that they might only keep the better player for two years and then lose him.

BillP wrote:Anybody know why Hossa had to be dealt away by the Hawks? I thought all the Hawks had to do was put him on LTIR and the Hawks get that space back. No one ever explained that.
Just a guess, but I think the IR doesn't count in the off-season, so his salary would still count against the cap until the season starts.

BillP wrote:Anybody know why Hossa had to be dealt away by the Hawks? I thought all the Hawks had to do was put him on LTIR and the Hawks get that space back. No one ever explained that.
Is it possible that even being on LTIR, his contact still counts as far as total contracts go?
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Teams still need to be cap compliant on the first day of the season, and can't use LTIR to get compliant until the season has started. Getting rid of his contract allows them to use that space on an active roster player rather than an LTIR placeholder, and it also reduces their number of contracts by 1 against the 50 SPC maximum.

MissouriMook wrote:Teams still need to be cap compliant on the first day of the season, and can't use LTIR to get compliant until the season has started. Getting rid of his contract allows them to use that space on an active roster player rather than an LTIR placeholder, and it also reduces their number of contracts by 1 against the 50 SPC maximum.
Makes sense - Thanks

barnburner wrote:
Doug Glatt wrote:

He'd want one on The Arctic Ocean, but wouldn't want one on The Indian Ocean??? There's a man of The North, after my own heart!! :lol: :lol: :lol: