Re: Off-Season Signing & Trades Thread

usmcaaron wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:Tampa Bay Lightning

Verified account

@TBLightning
12m12 minutes ago
More
KUUUUUUUUUCH!!!

We have signed Nikita Kucherov to an eight-year contract extension worth an average of $9.5 million.
CapFriendly (@CapFriendly) tweeted at 9:14 AM on Tue, Jul 10, 2018:
With the #Lightning announcing they've signed Nikita Kucherov to an 8 year extension at an AAV of $9.5M which kicks in as of the 2019-20 season, we now show Tampa Bay with a projected salary cap of $65,802,499 for the 2019-20 season, with 12 players under contract (7F/3D/2G)

That'sa helluva lotta scratch for 12 players. There's definitely gonna be some turnover in Tampa next year, esp. if they succeed in gettin Karlsson.
Maybe they go to a 4 dman system ;) ALL OFFENSE BABY!!!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:
usmcaaron wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:Tampa Bay Lightning

Verified account

@TBLightning
12m12 minutes ago
More
KUUUUUUUUUCH!!!

We have signed Nikita Kucherov to an eight-year contract extension worth an average of $9.5 million.
CapFriendly (@CapFriendly) tweeted at 9:14 AM on Tue, Jul 10, 2018:
With the #Lightning announcing they've signed Nikita Kucherov to an 8 year extension at an AAV of $9.5M which kicks in as of the 2019-20 season, we now show Tampa Bay with a projected salary cap of $65,802,499 for the 2019-20 season, with 12 players under contract (7F/3D/2G)

That'sa helluva lotta scratch for 12 players. There's definitely gonna be some turnover in Tampa next year, esp. if they succeed in gettin Karlsson.
Maybe they go to a 4 dman system ;) ALL OFFENSE BABY!!!
:lol: :lol: Them and Toronto are trying to implore the same strategy.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Very interesting read/perspective from a former Florida CPA:

@clrkaitken
Follow Follow @clrkaitken
More
Hi! Guy who's done tax returns for professional hockey players here.

A pro athlete does not pay taxes in the same way that you, a person working a job in the same city every single day, does.

Continue to read his Tweets about tax breaks here:

"Do Only Good Everyday"

Drubilly wrote:Daaaang...and I thought Stevie Y might trade him! Ha

Unrelated sort of but you think Panarin gets close to $11 million on his next contract?
I certainly wouldn't want to be the GM that pays him that much money. I think Kucherov > Panarin, and there is only 1 RFA year on the Kucherov extension. I do think it will take $8M-$9M to sign Panarin, but I really don't think we have to worry about that happening here.

MissouriMook wrote:

Unrelated sort of but you think Panarin gets close to $11 million on his next contract?
I certainly wouldn't want to be the GM that pays him that much money. I think Kucherov > Panarin, and there is only 1 RFA year on the Kucherov extension. I do think it will take $8M-$9M to sign Panarin, but I really don't think we have to worry about that happening here.
Can't we dream a little while first.

MissouriMook wrote:

Can't we dream a little while first.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:John Shannon of Sportsnet: Jets announce they have agreed to terms with goaltender Connor Hellebuyck on a six-year, $37 million contract with an average annual value of $6.167 million.
That's a lot of cheese for a guy with one good year as a starter. If he continues to play like he did last year the deal is a home run for the Jets. There's no real reason to believe he won't, other than goalies being weird.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:John Shannon of Sportsnet: Jets announce they have agreed to terms with goaltender Connor Hellebuyck on a six-year, $37 million contract with an average annual value of $6.167 million.
That's a lot of cheese for a guy with one good year as a starter. If he continues to play like he did last year the deal is a home run for the Jets. There's no real reason to believe he won't, other than goalies being weird.
Yeah that's a big gamble right there. That contract will be tough to move if he craps out. The per year is OK but six year term is a bit much.

I don't understand what Chicago really gains by this trade, assuming their return isn't anything of note. Hossa's contract doesn't count against the cap once the season starts, and it's insured so it doesn't cost them any real money. I would understand if Arizona was giving them a tangible useful asset in return, but it doesn't sound like that's the case. I don't think Arizona actually needs the dead salary to hit the cap floor anyway. To me this seems like the Hawks are giving up a young player for basically no reason.

The only benefit is that you can't place Hossa's deal on LTIR during the offseason, and during the offseason you can only go 10% over the cap. Do they have some big contract coming in that they need that extra wiggle room? Unless it's Karlsson, which hasn't really been rumored, I don't see how this makes any sense at all.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:It actually frees up just over 5 million in cap space.

By the way, he's also reporting this is a bigger trade with multiple pieces being moved.
Only during the offseason. Once the regular season starts, Hossa goes on LTIR and his contract doesn't count against the cap. A bigger deal makes more sense potentially.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:OFFICIAL: The Blackhawks have acquired Marcus Kruger, MacKenzie Entwistle, Jordan Maletta, Andrew Campbell and a 2019 fifth-round draft pick from Arizona in exchange for Marian Hossa, Vinnie Hinostroza, Jordan Oesterle and a 2019 third-round pick.
FYI, I just checked on all of those guys that all of you, like myself, had probably never heard of before reading about the trade. They all suck. Weird trade. Arizona gets the 2 best pieces in my eyes in Hinostroza and the pick. Oesterle is useful as well. Bizarre.

Dave's a mess wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:OFFICIAL: The Blackhawks have acquired Marcus Kruger, MacKenzie Entwistle, Jordan Maletta, Andrew Campbell and a 2019 fifth-round draft pick from Arizona in exchange for Marian Hossa, Vinnie Hinostroza, Jordan Oesterle and a 2019 third-round pick.
FYI, I just checked on all of those guys that all of you, like myself, had probably never heard of before reading about the trade. They all suck. Weird trade. Arizona gets the 2 best pieces in my eyes in Hinostroza and the pick. Oesterle is useful as well. Bizarre.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2589&p=52821&hilit=entwistle#p52821
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"