Re: Best Player To Get Away?

CaptSMRT wrote:Letting Hull walk was plain stupid.
I don't know honestly.

We got the best of Hull in STL by far.

Played about 10 years with us and got 500 goals.

Played about 10 years elsewhere...and got about 200 goals.

There would be no home team discount I'd presume....would you pay him to stay?

NHLTIM wrote:Gilmour or Stevens.
Gotta be Gilmour. He was just before my time. I wish there was a video of 9 year old me looking at the back of a Gilmour card, seeing that the Blues had him at one point, then running to my uncle and asking why we don't have him anymore, and the look on my poor uncle's face as he tried to explain why Dougie was traded. :D

STLBlueshistory wrote:Based on the age they were traded I would go with Brind'Amour & then Doug Gilmour.

It was a bummer seeing Hull go but in reality I think it was best for both sides.
Yep...Brind'Amour could easily be that guy as well. I've always said the Blues broke my heart twice... the day they traded Gilmour and the day they traded Brind'Amour.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Gretzky and Gilmour

Watching Dougie play here was unbelievable... then to watch him play NOT here was PAINFUL as hell!!

Obviously, Gretz would have been GREAT to have for more than the cup of coffee... to see what he would have helped transform this team into was exciting while it lasted. Did I mention I LOATHE Keenan!!

AttackLemmings wrote:Gretzky and Gilmour

Watching Dougie play here was unbelievable... then to watch him play NOT here was PAINFUL as hell!!

Obviously, Gretz would have been GREAT to have for more than the cup of coffee... to see what he would have helped transform this team into was exciting while it lasted. Did I mention I LOATHE Keenan!!
Everybody hates Keenan....

I don't get it.

Who brought Gretzky here?

Who brought Fuhr here?

Oh yeah, that Pronger kid?

Battra wrote:

I don't get it.

Who brought Fuhr here?

Agree on those points, but to bring Gretz in and then run him out for a playoff loss was just dumb! Power trip...
Gretz should have retired a Blue.

Going to go with Pronger. I think there's a very good case to be made that he was the best player in the game post lockout to the time he suffered the career ending concussion. I think you can make a similar statement can be made about Stevens.

Gretzky, Hull were well past their time when they left here.

AttackLemmings wrote:
Battra wrote:

I don't get it.

Who brought Fuhr here?

Agree on those points, but to bring Gretz in and then run him out for a playoff loss was just dumb! Power trip...
Gretz should have retired a Blue.
Then if nothing else, you have to call that a wash. :)

I don't think there was ever a chance of his staying here looking back.

Battra wrote: Then if nothing else, you have to call that a wash. :)

Curious as to why you say that? Everything I read said that 99 was planning on resigning here, but that something with Keenan made him choose to move on. It's in JR's book, I just can't remember the specifics.

Battra wrote: Then if nothing else, you have to call that a wash. :)

Nope, not gunna change my mind... I knew all that before and still hate the man... Hated him with Chicago, and hated him here.

You can like him if you want, I want nothing to do with him.(Hatred probably spills over from the Chicago days)