Men's Frozen Four

Anybody up on their College Hockey?

The 4 No. 1 seeds are St. Cloud St., Ohio State, Cornell and Notre Dame.

Or will the University of Denver, coached by former Blues player Jim Montgomery repeat as Champions?

Did not realize Red Berenson retired last year as HC of Michigan. 22 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances, 11 Final 4's, 3 Finals, and 2 Championships. What a run! Make you kind of wish he lasted longer as HC in St. Louis.

Even though I can't name 1 player on any of these teams, I'll take St. Cloud St. to win it since they are ranked No. 1 overall.

https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracke ... key-men/d1

Re: Men's Frozen Four

BillP wrote:
Sneptsmoustache wrote:As a DU alumni I know who I’m rooting for!

Might head up to Bridgeport CT to see Providence (Erik Foley) play Clarkson on Friday night.
That sounds awesome!!
Yeah, that should be a very good match-up. The Regionals are too far from St. Louis this year for me to think about attending, but I'm gonna stick with my long-time favorite Pioneers for as long as they last. DU has slipped in the Pairwise since last year's championship run (my wife & I saw them play a weekend pair late in the 2016-17 regular season @ Miami-OH), and Midwest-Allentown host Penn State looks to me like the team to beat in that Regional (3rd in the nation in goals scored & highest # of shots ahead of Denver). Oughta be a fun two weekends to follow no matter who moves on.

I used to organize a Men's Frozen Four bragging-rights pool among a half-dozen coworkers, but interest waned after a few tournaments. So since then I've just tracked it for my own enjoyment. College Hockey News does a great job every year covering the Men's Regionals & the Finals. Here are a few links to their key content for this year's tourney.

Bracket & Schedules

"First Look" Regional Summaries

CHN Tournament Watch (content & links will be filled in as the tournament progresses)

St. Cloud St. loses to Air Force in the first round. Currently watching Eric Foley right and Providence right now.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BillP wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:St. Cloud St. loses to Air Force in the first round. Currently watching Eric Foley right and Providence right now.
Keep us posted Tim on how Foley looks to you.
Oddly enough, I didn't really key in on him other than his first couple of shifts. I was more interested in the Clarkson college free agent RW Sheldon Rempal. He had a lot of get up and go in his game...first time I've ever seen him play. He never stops skating...lots of energy and goes to the net hard. He's also a right handed shot.
His game reminded me a little of Schwartz. Will be interested to see what happens with him now that Clarkson is done.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote:
BillP wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:St. Cloud St. loses to Air Force in the first round. Currently watching Eric Foley right and Providence right now.
Oddly enough, I didn't really key in on him other than his first couple of shifts. I was more interested in the Clarkson college free agent RW Sheldon Rempal. He had a lot of get up and go in his game...first time I've ever seen him play. He never stops skating...lots of energy and goes to the net hard. He's also a right handed shot.
His game reminded me a little of Schwartz. Will be interested to see what happens with him now that Clarkson is done.
I looked up Rempal, apparently he was a 2018 Hobey Baker Nominee, so apparently this kid's got game. Guess the knock on him is his size but he sounds like a sleeper.

NHLTIM wrote:
BillP wrote:
The Kings must of saw your post. So they're the ones that signed Rempal.

BillP wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
BillP wrote:
The Kings must of saw your post. So they're the ones that signed Rempal.
I saw that! I know he met with the Penguins last week as well. That should have been all we needed to know. Once the Pens were interested in him...Army should have scooped him right up.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Minnesota-Duluth moves on the Finals on Saturday night, with a 2-1 victory over Ohio State in Thursday's first semi-final match. Bulldogs scored twice in the first 3 minutes-ish of the 1st period, and all the Buckeyes could muster was a power play tally halfway through the 3rd.

Wolverines vs. Irish up next. Go Gold!

JMC-STL wrote:Minnesota-Duluth moves on the Finals on Saturday night, with a 2-1 victory over Ohio State in Thursday's first semi-final match. Bulldogs scored twice in the first 3 minutes-ish of the 1st period, and all the Buckeyes could muster was a power play tally halfway through the 3rd.

Wolverines vs. Irish up next. Go Gold!
I would love a Minnesota-Duluth vs Michigan championship.

A "few" years back I was stationed in Duluth and on occasion would go to the Bulldogs home games. If anyone remembers the name, Chico Resch, was in goal for them at the time. He went on to a decent career with the Islanders, preceeding the infamous Billy Smith.

Theiceman wrote:A "few" years back I was stationed in Duluth and on occasion would go to the Bulldogs home games. If anyone remembers the name, Chico Resch, was in goal for them at the time. He went on to a decent career with the Islanders, preceeding the infamous Billy Smith.
That is a few years. ;-)

Theiceman wrote:A "few" years back I was stationed in Duluth and on occasion would go to the Bulldogs home games. If anyone remembers the name, Chico Resch, was in goal for them at the time. He went on to a decent career with the Islanders, preceeding the infamous Billy Smith.
Chico Resch, great stuff. Actually him and Billy shared the net for a while before the Isles decided on making Billy the man.