Former Blues Talk Members

ATTENTION

While I understand many of you may not be interested, I messaged one of the head moderators over there, Mike Smith, about the situation.

His response was:

I would reconsider any of them if they would contact me and give me an assurance that they won't post inappropriate material like that again. But I'm not holding my breath that any of them would bother to do that. -mike

So, the option is there for any who are still interested.

Re: Former Blues Talk Members

MiamiLaw wrote:No matter what, this place will never get the traffic that stltoday does. It will continue to be a good source of info even without the posters that have come here. To each their own of course, but the trolling at BluesTalk was pretty easy to ignore imo.
Well, you didn't have 15 threads about you in one day....

I mean, it was funny at first.

I'm here for the duration of this board...if it fails, it fails. I think there are several of us here that would be interested in creating our own board if for some reason this one doesn't work out. I have to admit, I do like the look and feel of this board. Some of the best posters from the other board have registered here so it has that potential to be a real solid source of hockey info and discussion. I don't see why anybody has to choose one board over the other, if people want to post at all three boards they will continue to do so.
I was at Blues talk for a long long time and I also have an account at hfboards which I rarely use. I'm not saying I won't ever go back to Blues talk, but for the time being, I'm moving on and Bluesnewsforum is where I'll be.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

wizard pork sword wrote:What a little weasel. "If they come back, begging for my forgiveness, I may consider it"

I have no interest in playing into his little power trip.

Quality of quantity.

The people here are quality.
Agreed. I'm still over there (under a different name) but don't plan on posting as much as I will here.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
wizard pork sword wrote:What a little weasel. "If they come back, begging for my forgiveness, I may consider it"

Quality of quantity.

Agreed. I'm still over there (under a different name) but don't plan on posting as much as I will here.
Glad you are still around UMSL.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:

Quality of quantity.

You're Redline?
I had no idea!!

Oates2Hullie450 wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:

Quality of quantity.

You're Redline?
I had no idea!!
I tried to make it as obvious as possible for everyone :lol:

foofighter wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:

Quality of quantity.

Glad you are still around UMSL.
Thanks foo, glad to still be around!

I really don't care if there is more traffic at the other forum, the quality of the posters here now is as good as it used to be there.

As others have mentioned; the same problems over there still remain. There is no real moderation and there are several posters who take full advantage of it.

I enjoy seeing people debate different hockey topics. What I don't like is people who hijack threads just to get an emotional reaction out of people who mean well but engage them nonetheless.

Battra wrote:I'm not banned and I don't want to go back.

If everyone was reinstated, the same problems would remain.
Neither am I and I agree. The problem is inconsistent and poor moderation of the forum. That problem won't go away by begging that assbag for a pardon.

Plus, on this site the spell color "colour". That's classy.

The only thing I will say, if you guys want this board to survive, don't make it an elitist place. That's what killed letsgoblues.com. I stopped posting there because the clique of regular posters thought they were better than everyone else for the most part and it degenerated into very little hockey discussion. That board is a ghost town now.

I have an account on HF too, but I rarely use it because there is just not enough traffic. What keeps me coming to a forum is constant posts and new discussions springing up - even if those discussions have some trolling thrown in. That's why I'll never leave Blues Talk, but am perfectly happy to be able to post here as well!

MiamiLaw wrote:The only thing I will say, if you guys want this board to survive, don't make it an elitist place. That's what killed letsgoblues.com. I stopped posting there because the clique of regular posters thought they were better than everyone else for the most part and it degenerated into very little hockey discussion. That board is a ghost town now.

I have an account on HF too, but I rarely use it because there is just not enough traffic. What keeps me coming to a forum is constant posts and new discussions springing up - even if those discussions have some trolling thrown in. That's why I'll never leave Blues Talk, but am perfectly happy to be able to post here as well!
Getting the legal team in-place...nice 8-) welcome MiamiLaw

Turk Sanderson wrote:
MiamiLaw wrote:The only thing I will say, if you guys want this board to survive, don't make it an elitist place. That's what killed letsgoblues.com. I stopped posting there because the clique of regular posters thought they were better than everyone else for the most part and it degenerated into very little hockey discussion. That board is a ghost town now.

Getting the legal team in-place...nice 8-) welcome MiamiLaw
Thanks Turk!

I'll invoice T.C. later...

:lol: