Re: Former Blues Talk Members

CaptSMRT wrote:Hi Mike Smith, great job at internetting. If you need a place to chill and talk Blues hockey come here, nobody is holding any grudges. I'll buy you a pint of Urban Chestnut STLIPA.
That's a deal I take every day of the week.

That's my favorite IPA.

Mmm....STLIPA....DIPA....MMMMMM

scottie18 wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
scottie18 wrote:Hi Mike! You suck at your job!
He looks like a nice enough guy. Def up with these days of the interwebbins... :P
I always pictured him as a short, fat, balding guy, who got off on ruling over the forums.
He is bald and he might short. Looks like he may have gone on a big time diet, too.

T.C. wrote:what's your rate?
NHLTIM wrote:I'm here for the duration of this board...if it fails, it fails.
lol. i mean, did you see it before, like, a week ago? everyone that was here (all 8 of us) stopped posting since no one was here, but i kept the board up for over a year like that. we need to define "fail". the only way this goes away is if i die and haven't named another admin.
Bro, don't do that!

You know, the part about not naming another admin in time.

WilliamWestcliffe wrote:Apparently, as of this morning, I am permanently IP banned from the stltoday.com forums (message below).

The reason given on the ban is "Cards Talk Troll". I haven't posted in Cards Talk in probably 6 months and I haven't posted on any of the other forums in probably a week. I also never posted in any of the infamous .gif threads nor have I ever posted an image on that forum in my life.

I did make a comment here, on this thread, yesterday after noon:
The entire Stltoday forums are a miserable experience right now. I'd say someone needs to lose their job, but I'm not convinced they're actually paying someone to manage it.
Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

I'm waiting on a response to my email the "board administration". In the meantime, I've cancelled my Post Dispatch subscription.

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: cards talk troll (198.200.139.3)

A ban has been issued on your IP address.
Wow, that is ridiculous. I hope you shared with someone in management why you canceled your subscription. Not that anybody there even gives a shit.

Just wanted to let everyone know up front that I was previously BluesCup2012 over on "the other site". Not trying to hide anything by changing my name but I've actually been trying to get away from that "2012" part of it for quite some time and the only way to change is to get banned. I just figured this was a good way to get a complete fresh start and talk hockey and only hockey with a bunch of guys that love the game without the distractions of a certain group of posters over there.

LGB!!!!

BluesFan2015 wrote:Just wanted to let everyone know up front that I was previously BluesCup2012 over on "the other site". Not trying to hide anything by changing my name but I've actually been trying to get away from that "2012" part of it for quite some time and the only way to change is to get banned. I just figured this was a good way to get a complete fresh start and talk hockey and only hockey with a bunch of guys that love the game without the distractions of a certain group of posters over there.

LGB!!!!
Welcome BluesCup!

I'll probably still call you that :lol:

Just signed up this morning, been reading for a few days. Still a member at the asylum, just learned to sidestep the Verson's and Bleeder's of the world, not to mention the "This players wife is hot" punk. Actually Blues talk over there is one of the more sane forums when you look at the Rams talk, Cards talk, and CA forums that are just littered with trolls. But I do enjoy some intelligent hockey conversation now and then, and I am glad to see some of the better posters on here. I have an account at HF, but I almost never use it.

LGB!!!!!!

A good alternative for Rams fans is ramsondemand.com for those who are interested.

Apparently Mike Smith was horrible at moderating Rams Talk too, there are gobs of trolls there.

Oh, and I forgot I can say another word here that is edited on STL.

CRAP!!!!!!

Can't believe that word is edited over there. What is it, kindergarten over there?

stlsportster wrote:Just signed up this morning, been reading for a few days. Still a member at the asylum, just learned to sidestep the Verson's and Bleeder's of the world, not to mention the "This players wife is hot" punk.
i haven't been over there in years, but i'll be money that at least 63% of them are all SMP. ;)