GDT: Blues vs. Wild 7 pm Scottrade Center NBCSN

Getting late so I thought I'd throw this together. Blues going with 11 forward, 7 D as Tage Thompson sits. Hutton gets the net. Lineup according to Blues website:

Forwards
Jaden Schwartz - Brayden Schenn - Vladimir Tarasenko
Vladimir Sobotka - Paul Stastny - Alexander Steen
Ivan Barbashev - Patrik Berglund - Dmitrij Jaskin
Scottie Upshall - Kyle Brodziak

Defense
Carl Gunnarsson - Alex Pietrangelo
Jay Bouwmeester - Colton Parayko
Joel Edmundson - Vince Dunn
Robert Bortuzzo

Goalie
Carter Hutton

I don't mind Thompson sitting. His game has slipped a bit and this will light a fire under him I think. Get the 2 points tonight, boys. LGB!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: GDT: Blues vs. Wild 7 pm Scottrade Center NBCSN

I'd normally sarcastically say that it makes a lot of sense when you are having trouble scoring to go with an extra D.

But considering one of the few times we've scored 3 or more goals lately was vs the Senators when we dressed 11/7 (and won 3-0)...I'll just be quite. Which would probably make a lot of folks happy anyway... :)

LET'S GO BLUES!!!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:I'd normally sarcastically say that it makes a lot of sense when you are having trouble scoring to go with an extra D.

But considering one of the few times we've scored 3 or more goals lately was vs the Senators when we dressed 11/7 (and won 3-0)...I'll just be quite. Which would probably make a lot of folks happy anyway... :)

LET'S GO BLUES!!!
Apparently the Blues are 2-0 this year when going 7 D. New age hockey, all the cool teams will be doing it.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
MattyIce wrote:Seeing Upshall and Brodz as the only two on the 4th line looks so stupid on paper. I get Yeo's theory, but it just looks stupid.
I'd imagine during live game action, Yeo will give them a winger instead of just tapping those two on the shoulder.
Ha, I understand that. Just saying it looks goofy when you see the lineup come out.
Maybe with his recent offensive display, Boom Boom will move up to wing :lol:
KA-KAW!

wannabebluesplayer wrote:Dunn with Edmundson...I don't know if I like that yet. I know I don't like Gunnarson with Pietrangelo. Eddie or Dunn should roll with 27. Let's see what happens. LGB!
I'm not sure how set in stone any of the pairings are. With 7 D there's bound to be some variance. Dunn has seemed to move up the lineup when offense is needed late in games.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!