Sooooo, What are the rules here?

Hey guys, longtime lurker at the other board, decided to jump in and give this board a try since it looks like there'll be less turd activity...altho Im one of the more critical and skeptical Blues fans, I can debate my points without resorting to namecalling and fighting, assuming others dont start shit.

Is there a list of rules here?

Re: Sooooo, What are the rules here?

No trolling and no being Tommy Smugala.

That's about it.

T.C. won't stand for either of those.

I can tell you right now he's going to be very picky about how people embed or don't embed pictures and videos in their posts, and for good reason.....so better learn how to properly do those things here. That's about it, basically have fun, not really any rules other than the trolling and Smugala shit.

Qapod The Mortician wrote:I've posted on two of his forums and as long as you don't troll or be that guy I've already named it's pretty wide open as long as you have some sense.
I hear ya, I just didnt post on the STLToday board cause of the huge click of people who attacks ya as having an agenda, or not being a 'true blues fan', just because you're not a huge asskisser of every single player on the team, or of the coaching staff, or management. I tend to believe the exact opposite...that if you're critical of the team or players or coaches or management at any given time, then you're a passionate fan who cares about the team and wants to see it succeed. Now, if someone is constantly rippin on a player or coach nonstop without ever praising em when the team's doing good, then I can understand the frustration of someone constantly being negative, but I find it equally frustrating when people never see no wrong despite evidence to the contrary...yet even when someone is a constant brownnoser, Its their right to have that opinion...even if I find it nasueating lol.

Oh well, thanks for the replys and look forward to joining in here and there.

NHLTIM wrote:I don't think anybody really knows. We are just hoping for good hockey discussion and less arguments, trolling, etc.
It sounds as though we are on the same page.

We've had our run-ins in the past, with both of us likely being at fault at times.

Here's to hoping we can put it behind us and just disagree about hockey from now on. ;)

Qapod The Mortician wrote:No trolling and no being Tommy Smugala.

That's about it.

I can tell you right now he's going to be very picky about how people embed or don't embed pictures and videos in their posts, and for good reason.....so better learn how to properly do those things here. That's about it, basically have fun, not really any rules other than the trolling and Smugala shit.
Someone needs to inform T.C. we are using his forum, as he hasn't logged in since January 5th.

warpig2003 wrote:

That's about it.

Someone needs to inform T.C. we are using his forum, as he hasn't logged in since January 5th.
Oh no, another moderator who only visits once every few months! ;)

HockeyFan85 wrote:
warpig2003 wrote:

That's about it.

Oh no, another moderator who only visits once every few months! ;)
Ok this made me LoL quite well.

Cheers for a great post mate!
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

warpig2003 wrote:

That's about it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Until last Saturday, Capt. SMRT was just about talking to himself!

warpig2003 wrote:

That's about it.

Has anyone considered the idea that perhaps T.C. is really the chief Moderator at the other site, and simply banned all those people to get some activity here?
:D

Robb_K wrote:
warpig2003 wrote:

That's about it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Until last Saturday, Capt. SMRT was just about talking to himself!
When I signed up Saturday I was user #15 and the first user to sign up since 4/7/2013. Now there are 122 of us on here. Quite the population explosion. T. C. may get some sort of bandwidth warning or something. Hopefully he is pleasantly surprised by the sudden explosion of members on his message board.

I think the future looks good. Any previous talk of leaving 'that other place' never seemed to be more than talk. This time there seems to be more to it. Let's keep up the good work.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

barnburner wrote:
warpig2003 wrote:

That's about it.

Has anyone considered the idea that perhaps T.C. is really the chief Moderator at the other site, and simply banned all those people to get some activity here?
:D
Things that make you go hmmmmm..... followed by gratuitous dancing bananas... :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!