Re: Trade Allen right fucking now.

to much smoke this morning? :)

Seriously, Hutton has NEVER shown that he is a #1. Yeo is 'riding the hot goalie' right now, which is fine, but Allen is still your overall #1. He will most likely start today, and I believe we will see here on out the 'Allen' we all know who can lead this team on a long hot streak.

If DA did trade Allen, and got something good for him that will help the team long-term, I'd say do it, but there's not a real hot market for goalies from what I've read. I don't think you would get a good return on a trade for him right now.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

JMC-STL wrote:Now you've gone 'n' dunnit, Cap'n. You've stirred my inner Beach Boys ...

"Wouldn't it be nice if we could wake up
and download the local morning news?
To find the headline we’ve been long a-waiting:
'Shakey Jakey leaves Saint Louis BLU-u-ues' ...”
I have no idea about trading Allen because goalies are bizarre, but I am extremely thankful for this thread for revealing JMC's real identity as Weird Al.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Who knows? When Jake gets his chance, he might win 15 in a row If so, great deal. But Yeo needs his head examined right now, if he sits Russo, at least until he starts screwing up. 5 out of the last 6, he's won? It'a not rocket science. Play whoever performs the best, regardless of position.

barnburner wrote:Who knows? When Jake gets his chance, he might win 15 in a row If so, great deal. But Yeo needs his head examined right now, if he sits Russo, at least until he starts screwing up. 5 out of the last 6, he's won? It'a not rocket science. Play whoever performs the best, regardless of position.
When Hutton was red-hot Yeo put Allen in for no reason other than to avoid a goaltending controversy is when we started having a controversy and is also when Allen's game fell off.

Another time was when Allen got his bell rung, left the game, Hutton comes in Blues take the lead and then Yeo puts Allen back in and the Blues end up losing the game.

I don't disagree that Allen needs to toughen up mentally but Yeo has given him every chance to fail and Hutton every chance to succeed. I wonder if there is something personal between the two.

I thought it was dumb when Army went and signed Allen to a long-term deal while Allen still had 1 year left on his current deal. It was the same thing he did with Lehtera, I mean what was the rush to dish out all that doe?

Remember when I put a thread out there a few months ago where it looked like Allen was a lock to catch and pass Liut for all time wins as Blues goalie? Maybe that's not so much a lock after all.

I don't know how we unload him if it does end up that he's a future janitor at Scotttrade :) Who would trade for him? He's 44 wins away from catching Liut, if he can't catch Mike, then he's going to be one expensive backup.

BillP wrote:I thought it was dumb when Army went and signed Allen to a long-term deal while Allen still had 1 year left on his current deal. It was the same thing he did with Lehtera, I mean what was the rush to dish out all that doe?

Remember when I put a thread out there a few months ago where it looked like Allen was a lock to catch and pass Liut for all time wins as Blues goalie? Maybe that's not so much a lock after all.

I don't know how we unload him if it does end up that he's a future janitor at Scotttrade :) Who would trade for him? He's 44 wins away from catching Liut, if he can't catch Mike, then he's going to be one expensive backup.

Was it last season, or two years ago where Jake had to take a mid-season sabbatical?

CaptSMRT wrote:
BillP wrote:I thought it was dumb when Army went and signed Allen to a long-term deal while Allen still had 1 year left on his current deal. It was the same thing he did with Lehtera, I mean what was the rush to dish out all that doe?

Was it last season, or two years ago where Jake had to take a mid-season sabbatical?
Last year, at this time last year too.

BillP wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

Last year, at this time last year too.
The suggestion that Allen has an attitude problem is not some outrageous grasp at hate. I like him, and think he has great skills. I wish he would grow a sac, and stop being a pussy, if that is the problem.

CaptSMRT wrote:The suggestion that Allen has an attitude problem is not some outrageous grasp at hate. I like him, and think he has great skills. I wish he would grow a sac, and stop being a pussy, if that is the problem.
Maybe he has seasonal affective disorder (SAD), or maybe January is the anniversary of the death of someone important in Jake's life. His daughter was born in early January of last year, but that doesn't explain his backslide for 2018. Unless he forgot to buy her a present. :?:

Ouch, you had to bring up that ugly stat - After 50 years, the Blues' career leader in wins has 151..... I predict Fleury will have 152 for Vegas before someone has that many for the Blues. Allen has surpassed the 100 win mark for this team, which means he's warn out his welcome.

Beatoni12 wrote:Vile Husso has been lights out in the AHL this year. He likely deserves a spot here next year, which could make things interesting.
I've been trying to figure out ways to get Husso to STL. My guess is he backs up Allen next season but I wouldn't be heart broken if Army could find some sort of value for Allen. We will just be having the goalie controversy talk to a greater extent if Allen goes head case and Husso plays well in Allens absence.

Beatoni12 wrote:Vile Husso has been lights out in the AHL this year. He likely deserves a spot here next year, which could make things interesting.
I know it isn't a popular opinion right now, but I like Jake Allen. He'll pull it together late in the season. JMO before anyone bites my head off. :D

After saying that I think Husso is the true star goalie for this club. He could very well force the blues to make a trade next year.

Doug Glatt wrote:
I know it isn't a popular opinion right now, but I like Jake Allen. He'll pull it together late in the season. JMO before anyone bites my head off. :D

After saying that I think Husso is the true star goalie for this club. He could very well force the blues to make a trade next year.
I hope you're right. That and a healthy Schwartz would be quite the boost. Will be interesting to see who gets the net tonight.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Doug Glatt wrote:

It will be interesting to see how Husso can get in there. With Allen's issues this year, and Hutton's UFA status the door would seem wide open for next year. But, I also don't want Husso on the bench backing up Allen the entire year next year. He needs to play to keep progressing.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote:
Doug Glatt wrote:

It will be interesting to see how Husso can get in there. With Allen's issues this year, and Hutton's UFA status the door would seem wide open for next year. But, I also don't want Husso on the bench backing up Allen the entire year next year. He needs to play to keep progressing.
It's unfortunate if the Blues have to let Hutton walk. Husso is still unproven at the NHL level. Allen needs to get back on track or else the Blues will have big problems/decisions to make.