Re: GDT: Its finally here! Blues @ Pens, 7pm CST, NBCSN

barnburner wrote:Nice to see the Blues playing this up tempo style. I've been a long time critic of Petro, but what a game he had! If he can keep going anywhere close to that, he could become the difference maker we've been waiting for.

I liked Sobotka on that top line.

Any chance we could have a lockout today, and declare the Blues the Cup Winner? :)
Hey, you may be onto something there...a "Brown Jug" type of traveling trophy that goes to the winner to keep until they get defeated, then that team gets to keep it until they get beat, and on and on...a sponsor could supply the jug, and make a charitable contribution on behalf of the team that possessed it the longest(by games played) during that season... something along those lines...hmmmm

Poor Jaskin, everyone hates him. He looked good with Schwartz and Schenn yesterday. Nobody sees the little things like him taking Cole out on the first goal which freed the puck for Schenn that set up the first goal. Jask didn't get an assist on the play but he made it happen. Or the fact that he was out there causing havoc for the 2nd goal too. Sad, no one sees the little things. I would just like to see this guy get consistent time with some top line guys for a change and see where it goes. Last night, I thought he earned some praise & he should continue on the 2nd line. If you keep effen with a guy and just keep pulling him and playing him on bottom lines then yeah, you'll never make it.

BillP wrote:Poor Jaskin, everyone hates him. He looked good with Schwartz and Schenn yesterday. Nobody sees the little things like him taking Cole out on the first goal which freed the puck for Schenn that set up the first goal. Jask didn't get an assist on the play but he made it happen. Or the fact that he was out there causing havoc for the 2nd goal too. Sad, no one sees the little things. I would just like to see this guy get consistent time with some top line guys for a change and see where it goes. Last night, I thought he earned some praise & he should continue on the 2nd line. If you keep effen with a guy and just keep pulling him and playing him on bottom lines then yeah, you'll never make it.
I thought Jaskin had a good game last night too and think that line should stay in tact for now. He had a solid preseason and makes the most sense as line 2 RW given all the injuries. However, I also think Jaskin has deserved all the criticism he's gotten entering this season since he's had plenty of opportunities before and done nothing with them.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP wrote:Poor Jaskin, everyone hates him. He looked good with Schwartz and Schenn yesterday. Nobody sees the little things like him taking Cole out on the first goal which freed the puck for Schenn that set up the first goal. Jask didn't get an assist on the play but he made it happen. Or the fact that he was out there causing havoc for the 2nd goal too. Sad, no one sees the little things. I would just like to see this guy get consistent time with some top line guys for a change and see where it goes. Last night, I thought he earned some praise & he should continue on the 2nd line. If you keep effen with a guy and just keep pulling him and playing him on bottom lines then yeah, you'll never make it.
Too bad he didn't bury the puck in the net when he had the wide-open net. Had he gotten that goal, he'd have been the 2nd Star. But, I'll admit that he played well, overall.

Robb_K wrote:
Too bad he didn't bury the puck in the net when he had the wide-open net. Had he gotten that goal, he'd have been the 2nd Star. But, I'll admit that he played well, overall.
What's holding Jaskin back is his skating. He needs to drive the net way more if he's going to consistently find success in the nhl. He has talent, but if he can't get there then it is mostly moot.