Traverse City Prospect Tournament

The Blues announced their roster for the event that starts in about a week and a half.

Forwards • Connor Bleackley (67), Filip Helt (86), Tanner Kaspick (83), Klim Kostin (37), Nikolaj Krag-Christensen (58), Jordan Kyrou (72), Mackenzie MacEachern (62), Hayden McCool (89), Greg Meireles (76), Adam Musil (54), Robert Thomas (36), Tage Thompson (33) and Alexey Toropchencko (65).

Defense • Sean Allen (81), Trenton Bourque (63), Charles-Edouard D'Astous (74), Michael McKee (84), Niko Mikkola (77), David Noel (60), Dmitrii Sergeev (68), Thomas Vannelli (47) and Jake Walman (46)

Goalies • Evan Fitzpatrick (85) and Stephen Dhillon (90).

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/p ... a5c5c.html

Aside from the obvious names, I'm glad to see Toropchencko on the roster. A few sites listed him as a good value pick in the fourth round this year, and a potential diamond in the rough. Looks like most of our higher end talent is up front, with Walman being the only standout name on D.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: Traverse City Prospect Tournament

All games available via Fox Sports Go as well if you want to watch. They might have to rename this tourney to the Tommy Vannelli tourney. Dude has got to be sick of playing in it.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote:All games available via Fox Sports Go as well if you want to watch. They might have to rename this tourney to the Tommy Vannelli tourney. Dude has got to be sick of playing in it.
Do you have to register with a cable subscription login to access it, or more specifically, be from the STL area to get access? I thought that was how it was during the season to see Blues games via Fox Sports GO, not sure about the TCPT
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:All games available via Fox Sports Go as well if you want to watch. They might have to rename this tourney to the Tommy Vannelli tourney. Dude has got to be sick of playing in it.
Do you have to register with a cable subscription login to access it, or more specifically, be from the STL area to get access? I thought that was how it was during the season to see Blues games via Fox Sports GO, not sure about the TCPT
It'll be setup so that you can't watch it. That's usually how it goes.

bradleygt89 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the games will only be shown in the St. Louis and surrounding areas.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

JMC-STL wrote:The goalie tandem is uninspiring. But each is due for another year in major juniors, so there's still hope they'll catch fire before fading into anonymity.
Were the reports that bad on Fitzpatrick last year? I know his stats didn't necessarily improve last year, but I was under the impression he was a longer term prospect, picked based on tools rather than production. I've never heard of the second goalie, but goalies are impossible to figure out anyway.

NHLTIM wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the games will only be shown in the St. Louis and surrounding areas.
So, if I'm lucky they'll get confused and my internet provider will make them think I'm in KC, and they'll count KC as STL region. (fingers crossed)

Dave's a mess wrote:Were the reports that bad on Fitzpatrick last year? I know his stats didn't necessarily improve last year, but I was under the impression he was a longer term prospect, picked based on tools rather than production. ...
Fitzpatrick was highly touted prior to his QMJHL draft year - including comparisons to Robert Luongo - but he has failed to live up to the hype. I'm sure he's suffered from playing behind a woeful Sherbrooke team, but I read reports putting even his fundamentals in question. Still only 19 years old, though, and don't they say goaltenders mature more slowly than skaters? :?

UMSLBlues12 wrote:http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/p ... 323dd.html

Thomas article on the Blues preparations for the tourny. First game is today at 3pm.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... 7d64c.html

Ortiz article on Tage's development/prospects.

Also, Jeff Gordon is doing a chat at noon today if anyone is interested in that.
Really enjoyed Thomas's article, his first on the Blues beat I believe. I think we are in good hands on that front, looking forward to his coverage. I think Thomas will be more apt to be critical of the Blues when warranted as compared with JR, who was probably guilty of giving them a free pass on occaision. As for Ortiz, I know he has been more of a baseball guy than anything else over his career, but I really appreciated how he seemed to embrace writing from the Blues as soon as he was hired.

I used JR's jump to The Athletic as an excuse to subscribe, which I'd been considering for a while. I'm quite curious to see if the tone of his coverage changes much in the new role. I've really enjoyed some of the in depth analytical articles by guys like Tyler Dellow over the past couple days since I subscribed. I'm very ready to get this season started.

Lines for the Blues for the game (starts in 20 minutes on Fox Sports Go):

Bleackley-Thomas-Kostin
Kaspick-Thompson-Kyrou
MacEachern-Musil-Toropchenko
Helt-Krag-Christensen-Meireles

Walman-Vanelli
Noel-Sergeev
Mikkola-Bourque

Meireles is a free agent invite by the Blues, the rest of the lineup are Blues prospects.

JT is tweeting updates if you can't watch.

Blues 1-0 after the first period. You could tell there were nerves and lack of chemistry all around, but still an entertaining fast pace.

The guys who stood out to me were the goal-scorer Adam Musil, and the Finnish defender Miko Mikkola.

Musil just seems like a real smart player, he always seemed to be in good position at both ends of the ice.

Mikkola just has a smooth skating stride. He kinda reminds me of a younger version of Bouwmeister, at first glance anyway.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:Not able to watch unfortunately, but JT seems to think Walman scored, not Musil?
Musil let the shot go and it trickled in. Walman may have snuck in their and got a stick on it before it crossed the goal line

"Suck a dick Johansen"