Re: 2nd leading scorer

Schwartz with 65 points. He ended up second on the team last year despite a brutal cold streak where he couldn't hit wide open nets in a Lehtera-type fashion. The tricky part about this question is that aside from Schenn, most of the guys you'd expect to finish second (Schwartz, Steen, Stastny) are big injury risks. I think Fabbri has a nice bounceback season, but doesn't quite keep pace with Schwartz or Schenn. I also wouldn't be surprised if Pietrangelo cracks 50 points this year.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:Schwartz with 65 points. He ended up second on the team last year despite a brutal cold streak where he couldn't hit wide open nets in a Lehtera-type fashion. The tricky part about this question is that aside from Schenn, most of the guys you'd expect to finish second (Schwartz, Steen, Stastny) are big injury risks. I think Fabbri has a nice bounceback season, but doesn't quite keep pace with Schwartz or Schenn. I also wouldn't be surprised if Pietrangelo cracks 50 points this year.
Schwartz had a stretch last season where I think he scored 1 non empty net goal over a 30 game period. :shock:

As for Fabbri, we have to remember he isn't coming back from a broken bone or anything like that. I don't expect a great season out of him.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:Schwartz with 65 points. He ended up second on the team last year despite a brutal cold streak where he couldn't hit wide open nets in a Lehtera-type fashion. The tricky part about this question is that aside from Schenn, most of the guys you'd expect to finish second (Schwartz, Steen, Stastny) are big injury risks. I think Fabbri has a nice bounceback season, but doesn't quite keep pace with Schwartz or Schenn. I also wouldn't be surprised if Pietrangelo cracks 50 points this year.
Schwartz had a stretch last season where I think he scored 1 non empty net goal over a 30 game period. :shock:

As for Fabbri, we have to remember he isn't coming back from a broken bone or anything like that. I don't expect a great season out of him.
Good point on Fabbri. I hope a potential move to Center doesn't materialize right away. I'd like to see him at full strength before adding that to his plate. At least his injury didn't happen on the golf course.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

I'm going to throw a curve ball and say Pietrangelo. 14 goals,48 points last year, 2nd yr in as a Captain. Strong team this year. More PP time. I think he can hit 60 plus this year. One of these years he will and I'm predicting this is the year.

Fabbri has to step up and be that player. If he is top 2 in points, it's great news for the Blues. If he struggles again I would imagine there will be chatter that he's available. Big year for Fabs....I expect him to challenge for the team lead in points.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote:Fabbri has to step up and be that player. If he is top 2 in points, it's great news for the Blues. If he struggles again I would imagine there will be chatter that he's available. Big year for Fabs....I expect him to challenge for the team lead in points.
Considering Tarasenko is about a shoe-in for 75ish points, that would require one hell of a break out season from Fabbri.

If Fabbri some how even reaches 60, I'll be over the moon. But if you put the line at 45 for him, I'd take the under.
Just a Russian propaganda account

I like Schwartz and Stastny as possible choices, but I'm going with Schenn.

The last two years, he's put up 59 points while skating 16:54, and 55 points while skating 17:48. And his shooting percentage for both years was around 14%.

In addition, he had 52% and 57% of his starts in the offensive zone.

If Yeo ends up playing Schenn with Tarasenko, he'll see more starts in the offensive zone (Tarasenko is around 66% in that catagory), and he'll get a little more ice (about a minute more per game) in which we could see Schenn break 65 points.

Not 100% sure it would happen, as if Schenn wants to play center, he has to improve on his ghastly faceoff numbers, but anything is possible.

I think the skater with the best chance to be 2nd in scoring on the Blues is between Schwartz, Schenn, Steen, and Stastny (goddamn we have a lot of players with last names that start with S on this team). I think Schwartz or Schenn are most likely to be second in points b/c they are in their prime years and have both produced points pretty consistently recently, and should be good for 50-60pts. Pretty bold prediction eh? :mrgreen:

Really stoked to see a new offensive element in the Blues top 6 with Schenn in the lineup.

With the exit of Nail Yakupov, I'm gonna go with Magpie. This year he puts it all together, loses the last of the Edmonton stink, and sets the hockey world on its earwith a 30-30 regular season...then scores the clenching goal in the Stanley Cup Finals, and sits next to Vova in the Caddy convertible leading the cup parade.

Turk Sanderson wrote:With the exit of Nail Yakupov, I'm gonna go with Magpie. This year he puts it all together, loses the last of the Edmonton stink, and sets the hockey world on its earwith a 30-30 regular season...then scores the clenching goal in the Stanley Cup Finals, and sits next to Vova in the Caddy convertible leading the cup parade.
I would love for all the above to happen :)

In all seriousness, MPS should have a good season. On another one year deal, so this is truly a make or break for him. Hoping he does at least hit 15-20 for 35+ points, but a doubling of that would be awesome. He had some clutch goals last season and of course the OT winner in Game 5 vs the Wild.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Turk Sanderson wrote:With the exit of Nail Yakupov, I'm gonna go with Magpie. This year he puts it all together, loses the last of the Edmonton stink, and sets the hockey world on its earwith a 30-30 regular season...then scores the clenching goal in the Stanley Cup Finals, and sits next to Vova in the Caddy convertible leading the cup parade.
Gotta love your optimism, but I'd say Schenn with somewhere around 25 goals 35 assists.

Why does Turk get all the good drugs? #NotFair

Last yr he was a plus 9. First time in his career he was a plus player. He had a good year last year, it will be interesting to see if he at least continues the trend. If he does that, 15 goals, 30 points is a possibility.