WJC's..USA vs Latvia, Canada vs Russia

Really looking forward to these games today as this is my favorite hockey of the year. Can't wait to see how Tage Thompson plays today as well as the boys from St. Louis. Hoping that Joseph Woll will get some time in the net for the USA.
On the flip side with Canada...what I wouldn't give to steal Steve Yzerman away from Tampa. Taylor Raddysh, Mitchell Stephens, Anthony Cirelli, and Mathieu Joseph all forwards playing for team Canada...not a single one was a 1st round pick either. Yzerman just knows talent and knows exactly what he wants in a player. You know these will be guys in the future that Tampa puts in their lineup and they will be successful.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: WJC's..USA vs Latvia, Canada vs Russia

Yep I'm really liking Thompson. Another assist on the third US goal and I believe he's been out there for all three, not to mention Thompson not looking like a one trick pony who relies too much on that shot of his.

On a side note, it's weird the Blues didn't get a St. Louis kid in this years draft. Know the top guys were mainly out of reach for the draft spots the Blues held, but namely goalie Woll was passed over for a QMJHL goalie Evan Fitzpatrick in the second round.

The Danes scored 20 seconds in vs. Switzerland. The Captain, True. Then they scored again around 3 minutes in on a deflection by Blichfeld. It looks like they'll be headed for a 3rd win, and to the 2nd round for the first time. Nickolaj Krag-Kristiansen got an assist. They scored a PP goal a bit later. They now lead 3-1 at the end of The 1st Period.
Last edited by Robb_K on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robb_K wrote:The Danes scored 20 seconds in vs. Switzerland. The Captain, True. Then they scored again around 3 minutes in on a deflection by Blikfeld. It looks like they'll be headed for a 3rd win, and to the 2nd round for the first time. Nickolaj Krag-Kristiansen got an assist. They scored a PP goal a bit later. They now lead 3-1 at the end of The 1st Period.
If they win, I believe they save Finland from going to the relegation round, which would've been pretty crazy to see.