Re: Crosby being a bitch again

here's the video, no need to go to that page. all it says is "crosby gets away with stuff, here's a video, how long should he be suspended?"
[youtube][/youtube]

the answer is "none. none games." slashing penalty, sure, but i'm guessing that didn't happen either, looking at the position of the officials. i'm no crosby fan, but everyone slashes. that one got high on him. shitty for methot. also "severed" is a very strong word for the outcome methot endured. he certainly appears to still have his finger.

Beatoni12 wrote:Steen does that 3-5 times a game. Anyone calling for a suspension is doing so either out of hate for Crosby or doesn't watch many games as this happens constantly.
I get this, and I agree with you to a point, but I absolutely believe that if Methot had done this to Crosby he would be getting a call from the league. It's not so much that you have to call this every time it happens (although it was a pretty vicious two-hander) but that the league's discipline system is such that it matters whether or not the offended player got hurt, and that it matters who was on the giving and receiving end of the offense.

MissouriMook wrote:
Beatoni12 wrote:Steen does that 3-5 times a game. Anyone calling for a suspension is doing so either out of hate for Crosby or doesn't watch many games as this happens constantly.
I get this, and I agree with you to a point, but I absolutely believe that if Methot had done this to Crosby he would be getting a call from the league. It's not so much that you have to call this every time it happens (although it was a pretty vicious two-hander) but that the league's discipline system is such that it matters whether or not the offended player got hurt, and that it matters who was on the giving and receiving end of the offense.
I agree with you mook. I just feel if there is a play that is an obvious penalty (whether called or not) where a player is injured, there should be the option of a suspension. Obviously there was force behind the slash because I doubt Methots fingertip was already close to falling off.
Beatoni, I don't hate Crosby. I have him in a keeper league and it's the playoffs.
I'm just tired of seeing cheap shots and acting jobs from superstars not getting called.