Re: Rattie on waivers

Welp, I guess this was bound to happen. I might be in the minority on this one, but if he gets picked up, I'm not all that bothered. Sure, I rather would've been able to get something for him, but I'm not sure why another club would give up anything of value for him right now. If he does in fact clear, that would give you a pretty good sense of what the trade market for him looked like.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

blue to the bone wrote:Always had high hopes for him but it was pretty clear he wasn't gonna get a shot here without injuries.
I almost wonder if this is an attempt to clear some payroll and cap space. Hopefully assisting in a trade to come involving higher paid players.

My guess is they don't think he'll be claimed(or don't care if he does) but they want to get him playing time. He's basically spent this entire season only practicing. I don't think this has anything to do with a trade coming.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
blue to the bone wrote:Always had high hopes for him but it was pretty clear he wasn't gonna get a shot here without injuries.
I almost wonder if this is an attempt to clear some payroll and cap space. Hopefully assisting in a trade to come involving higher paid players.

My guess is they don't think he'll be claimed(or don't care if he does) but they want to get him playing time. He's basically spent this entire season only practicing. I don't think this has anything to do with a trade coming.
I don't really care if he gets claimed either... I think that by now, he is what he is...I imagine if anyone really had an interest in him he'd already have been gone.
Last edited by Turk Sanderson on Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robb_K wrote:He'll only get claimed if there's an NHL team who is decimated by injuries at forward, and there's no one to bring up from The AHL. Unfortunately for Rattie, I doubt there is a team in that position right now.
Probably the case, unless a team see's something in him and just wants to get him in their system for free.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:In 30 career games Rattie has 4 goals and 8 points

In 32 games this season Jaskin has 1 goal and 9 points.

One gets waived, one keeps getting run out there.
I think coaches like Hitch will see more promise in a player like Jaskin because of his board play and ability to win puck battles. For that alone Jaskin can play on the fourth line, which makes him more valuable. I don't think it is necessarily right, but I'm playing devil's advocate a bit here.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
I don't really care if he gets claimed either... I think that by now, he is what he is...I imagine if anyone really had an interest in him he'd already have been gone.
\

Pretty much my take too. He is, what he is. A good ahl scorer, that lacks any other attributes that can make him valuable when he's not scoring. Jaskin at least offers the big body that can enable him to fill in on the bottom 6.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:In 30 career games Rattie has 4 goals and 8 points

In 32 games this season Jaskin has 1 goal and 9 points.

One gets waived, one keeps getting run out there.
And two of those goals just bounced off of him.......

Jaskin isn't great, but he does more than just his points. Rattie is nothing at all if he isn't showing up on the score sheet. And that isn't happening regularly in the NHL.

Someone please just take him. We have already proven there are other AHL level guys who can be called up if we get in a pinch.

BlueinNy wrote:So much wasted time and energy to groom a bottom six forward.
I was watching the road to the Winter classic and Rattie was with the team, and he mentioned something about this being on of the closest teams he has ever been on.

That's a good sign for Rattie that a team with early priority on him claimed him.

Hopefully he gets some playing time. Hopefully he turns into a 15-20 goal scorer for them. I wish he had been given some sort of chance beyond a few games here and there to see what he could offer. Maybe he won't amount to anything, but he did score 30 goals in the AHL at one point(and 4 in 13GP for the Blues last year) before being shuttled back and forth and messing with his playing time/development.

Waste of the #32 pick. In the could've would've game, Saad was available at that pick.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:That's a good sign for Rattie that a team with early priority on him claimed him.

Hopefully he gets some playing time. Hopefully he turns into a 15-20 goal scorer for them. I wish he had been given some sort of chance beyond a few games here and there to see what he could offer. Maybe he won't amount to anything, but he did score 30 goals in the AHL at one point(and 4 in 13GP for the Blues last year) before being shuttled back and forth and messing with his playing time/development.

Waste of the #32 pick. In the could've would've game, Saad was available at that pick.
And Gaudreau (but he didn't go until much later). At least we got Edmundson out of that draft. Jaskin is JAG and who knows if Binnington has any future here.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:That's a good sign for Rattie that a team with early priority on him claimed him.

And Gaudreau (but he didn't go until much later). At least we got Edmundson out of that draft. Jaskin is JAG and who knows if Binnington has any future here.
Yeah, Blues had 3 picks in that 2nd round. Rattie,Jaskin, Edmundson. Kucherov went to Tampa later in the 2nd round. What ifs.

BluesSK wrote:If he would have been good enough to be playing he would have been. At least the draft pick he was involved with in the Johnson trade was a bust.

See ya, Rattie.

Good luck.

That's not always true. PRV wasn't good enough to be playing but the Blues gave him over 100 games. Rattie never got more than 13 in a season, and as I mentioned before he scored 4 goals in those 13 games. That same season, the Blues played PRV 48 games and he scored 3 goals.

I just don't think Hitch liked the kid for some reason.