Ville Husso

Recently called up to Chicago and has done the following in his starts:

Stopped 33 of 35 shots in a 6-2 win.
Stopped 27 of 29 shots in a 5-2 win.

Good to see him performing well in the AHL. Binnington was suspended (anyone know why?) so curious what they do with Husso performing well. Had a shutout in one of his last ECHL game as well.

It that I'm concerned with our current goaltending...... haha

Re: Ville Husso

Beatoni12 wrote:Recently called up to Chicago and has done the following in his starts:

Good to see him performing well in the AHL. Binnington was suspended (anyone know why?) so curious what they do with Husso performing well. Had a shutout in one of his last ECHL game as well.

[youtube][/youtube]

Turk Sanderson wrote:
Beatoni12 wrote:Recently called up to Chicago and has done the following in his starts:

[youtube][/youtube]

I'm confused what he was suspended for here?
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

I'm confused what he was suspended for here?
Well, the announcer said that Binnington takes a shot at Labrie, and when the ad comes down Binnington's stick is up around Labrie's face. I'm guessing that he's charged with inciting the ensuing melee. I think it was a one-gamer, but if Husso keeps playing well, who knows? :)

Husso's success in The AHL, after having poor stats in The ECHL (a league with a much lower calibre of players)shows people who look at stats shouldn't make judgements out of context (without the "eye test" (watching enough games), and without knowledge of play in the leagues and the makeup of the player's team.

The Mavs have a weak overall team defence, while The Wolves' is fairly good. Husso's numbers in his AHL games are similar to Binningtons and Copley's. But wile he was getting shelled in The ECHL, which is a much lower league than where they thought he should be, they thought "Maybe he's not such a great prospect, after all?" or, "Doug Armstrong is ruining his development by assigning him to such a low league, where he doesn't have a goaltender coach to help him work on his deficiencies."

Robb_K wrote:Husso's success in The AHL, after having poor stats in The ECHL (a league with a much lower calibre of players)shows people who look at stats shouldn't make judgements out of context (without the "eye test" (watching enough games), and without knowledge of play in the leagues and the makeup of the player's team.

The Mavs have a weak overall team defence, while The Wolves' is fairly good. Husso's numbers in his AHL games are similar to Binningtons and Copley's. But while he was getting shelled in The ECHL, which is a much lower league than where they thought he should be, they thought "Maybe he's not such a great prospect, after all?" or, "Doug Armstrong is ruining his development by assigning him to such a low league, where he doesn't have a goaltender coach to help him work on his deficiencies."