Re: Who will be captain next season?

Turk Sanderson wrote:I'm thinkin' Tarasenko. He's been there and done that. Now that he's out of Backes' shadow...let it be his team now. I don't think his 8 million dollar paycheck is all about scoring goals..I think he's expected to be the team leader. Let him lead.
Have to disagree. On the trail of his lackluster effort against the Sharks, it would be the wrong timefor that move. Maybe next year, when he's earned it.
For now, my choice wouldbe Steen

barnburner wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:I'm thinkin' Tarasenko. He's been there and done that. Now that he's out of Backes' shadow...let it be his team now. I don't think his 8 million dollar paycheck is all about scoring goals..I think he's expected to be the team leader. Let him lead.
Have to disagree. On the trail of his lackluster effort against the Sharks, it would be the wrong timefor that move. Maybe next year, when he's earned it.
For now, my choice wouldbe Steen
Steen may not start the season, and if he is healthy, I'd just as soon trade him while they can get something for him and move on...he didn't exactly have a great postseason either. It's time to get younger.

I understand what you are saying and don't have a problem with it but I would rather Tarasenko focus on scoring as many goals as possible. There are others capable of being the captain.

TR-USA wrote:
I understand what you are saying and don't have a problem with it but I would rather Tarasenko focus on scoring as many goals as possible. There are others capable of being the captain.
He captained his team that won the world juniors in 2011...he would be fine.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
TR-USA wrote:
He captained his team that won the world juniors in 2011...he would be fine.
You could be right, but I keep having flashbacks to Hull being given the C based on talent alone. On the other hand, I tend to believe that the C is over emphasized in a lot of instances. Leaders lead, whether they wear a letter or not. Hull was a prime example. There were few people who actually believed Hull was the leader of the Blues when he wore the C.