Re: Pavelski

Did I ever tell you about the time I went horseback riding with Pavelski, but there weren’t any horses around? Well, Pavelski throws a saddle on my back and rides me around Wyoming for three days. Well, wouldn’t you know it, my stamina increases with each day and I develop tremendous leg muscles. So anyway, Pavelski decides to enter me in the Breeders’ Cup, right, under the name Turkish Delight. And I’m running in second place, and I’m running and I break my ankle! They’re about to shoot me. Then someone from the crowd yells out, God bless him, ‘Don’t shoot him, he’s a human.'

i was flipping out. i couldn't believe how much everyone with a mic was sucking his cock. WE GET IT, HE TIPS PUCKS. jesus christ, there are nearly 50 other players in the game. if he were injured, they'd have nothing to talk about.

i also can't believe not a single person has mentioned #Bubbles or whatever her name is. if i had a mic and saw that happening, those good luck charms would be mentioned whether i wanted to or not.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:How many times did they say "he's the best tipper of the puck in the national hockey league" like I get it he's good at redirecting shots
When will they announce the "Pavelski" trophy given out each year to the best tipper in the NPL not named Joe Pavelski? And how deliciously ironic would it be if Patrick "No means Yes" Kane wins it?

How often is it that they interview the losers after a game-one? They did last night. Pavelski and that knuckle-draggin' Burns both got camera time last night. I'm glad that the teams get the revenue jack from NBC, but I still hate that we lose the local flavor of the TV broadcast. It's as if those assholes were getting paid a bonus for every time they said Pavelski's name.

T.C. wrote:i was flipping out. i couldn't believe how much everyone with a mic was sucking his cock. WE GET IT, HE TIPS PUCKS. jesus christ, there are nearly 50 other players in the game. if he were injured, they'd have nothing to talk about.

i also can't believe not a single person has mentioned #Bubbles or whatever her name is. if i had a mic and saw that happening, those good luck charms would be mentioned whether i wanted to or not.
If I were Stillman, I'd make sure that she had those same seats on the road too. :lol:

BlueinNy wrote:Next game I'm turning the broadcast into a drinking game, every time they say pavelski I'm drinking, naturally with beer, if it were shots I wouldn't see the start of the game.
....by the time this series is over, you will be going to A.A. meetings.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
BlueinNy wrote:Next game I'm turning the broadcast into a drinking game, every time they say pavelski I'm drinking, naturally with beer, if it were shots I wouldn't see the start of the game.
....by the time this series is over, you will be going to A.A. meetings.
Series hell, next home game should do it... may be some alcohol poisoning happening Tuesday...
Get 911 on speed dial.

I loved watching how painful it was for Roenick and dumbfuck to have to say Pavelski was stopped by Ells with his toe, on his wide-open shot... and to keep repeating he doesn't miss those very often... LOL

Doug Glatt wrote:Did I ever tell you about the time I went horseback riding with Pavelski, but there weren’t any horses around? Well, Pavelski throws a saddle on my back and rides me around Wyoming for three days. Well, wouldn’t you know it, my stamina increases with each day and I develop tremendous leg muscles. So anyway, Pavelski decides to enter me in the Breeders’ Cup, right, under the name Turkish Delight. And I’m running in second place, and I’m running and I break my ankle! They’re about to shoot me. Then someone from the crowd yells out, God bless him, ‘Don’t shoot him, he’s a human.'
Go ahead and finish your story...tell us how Pavelski reached down and touched your ankle, and you immediately got up and started dancing and then got the lead role with The Royal Lipizzaner Horse Tour.

Piling on...the San Jose "vaunted" "dangerous" "prolific" power play was second only to the Pavelski Lovefest.

This appears to be more lazy analysis as the discrepancy between the Sharks and Blues PPs may be non-existant. A check of the numbers indicates it may actually be the Sharks achilles heel in this series because they rely on it too much to score.

In R1/R2, 32% of their goals were on the PP. Only 25% of the Blues R1/R2 goals were on the PP.

In R1, LA held SJ to 24% on the PP. The Blues converted at 28% against the team from northern Illinois.

In R2, SJ converted 38% on the PP. I didn't watch much of SJS/NSH. What caused this anomaly? The Blues stayed steady -- 27% against Dallas.

Other than abusing NSH, has it been "vaunted" "dangerous" "prolific"? During the regular season, the Skarks converted at 22.5% (ranked 3rd) while the Blues converted 21.5% (6th).

The Sharks may have trouble scoring if the Blues stay disciplined:
.886 = Quick's Sv% against SJS
.898 = Rinne's Sv% against SJS
.932 = Moose's playoff Sv%

BluesSK wrote:I saw the Canadian feed last night.

I'm guessing I missed something. :P
Commentators (including Joe Micheletti, for whom I have great admiration) were in a bit of a rut last night. They couldn't seem to take their attention off Joe Pavelski, particularly how amazingly awesome he is at tipping pucks in front of the net. Occasionally they'd temporarily escape the vicious cycle (to praise Brent Burns), but they ultimately kept getting stuck again.

Oh fuck.

This is the greatest game ever!

I needed a good replacement for everytime oshie fell you took a drink
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!