Re: GDT 10/31: Wild @ Blues, 7p, FSMW

Damn; rest of Morning Skate:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/p ... 411ce.html

Blues forward Vladimir Tarasenko will not be in the lineup tonight when the club hosts the Minnesota Wild at 7 p.m.

Tarasenko injured his left leg in a collision with Anaheim's Shawn Horcoff in the second period of a 2-1 win over the Ducks Thursday. He returned to the game, but did not practice with the club Friday or Saturday.

"He's not going to play tonight," Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. "We weren't sure later in the day yesterday with Vladi. We still held out hope that he was going to be able to play."

With the Blues' belief Friday that Tarasenko might not miss a game, the indication is that injury is not serious. Hitchcock took the wise-guy approach in saying that Tarasenko was day to day.

"He's out for the month of October," Hitchcock joked with reporters. "When November turns, we'll let you know on that one."

After scoring his team-leading sixth goal of the season, Tarasenko was injured in the second period of Thursday's game.

He left the game briefly after the knee-to-knee collision with Horcoff. He returned for the third period, allowing the club and its fans to breathe a sigh of relief.

Tarasenko played eight shifts in the third period for a total of 5 minutes, 55 seconds.

"He really played in the third period," Hitchcock said after the game. "He played really hard in the third period, which is a good sign."

On Saturday, following the news that Tarasenko would miss a game due to the injury, Hitchcock was asked about the decision to let him back in Thursday.

"That's out of our hands, we don't have anything to do with it," Hitchcock said. "That's doctor-related."

Meanwhile, the Blues will have defenseman Colton Parayko (foot) and forward Scottie Upshall back in the lineup tonight, but they will not have defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk (groin).

Parayko injured his left foot late in Thursday's game. He did not practice Friday but was on the ice this morning.

"I just clipped my skate," Parayko said of the incident. "Just under precaution, I made sure to take good care of it and look after myself for any further injury. But everything is well."

Hitchcock called the injury minor.

"We expected him to play," Hitchcock said. "Parayko playing a little bit banged, that's what it is in the National Hockey League. You have to learn to play that way. That's good that he's going to play."

Shattenkirk has skated the past two days and remains close to a return.

"Like I said before, he's days (away)," Hitchcock said. "We just keep working him forward, getting closer and closer."

TONIGHT'S PROJECTED LINEUP

Forwards

Alexander Steen-Jori Lehtera-Troy Brouwer

Steve Ott-David Backes-Scottie Upshall

Robby Fabbri-Scott Gomez-Dmitrij Jaskin

Ryan Reaves-Kyle Brodziak-Ty Rattie

Defensemen

Jay Bouwmeester-Alex Pietrangelo

Carl Gunnarsson-Colton Parayko

Joel Edmundson-Robert Bortuzzo

Goalie

Jake Allen

WILD PROJECTED LINEUP

Forwards

Jason Zucker-Mikko Koivu-Nino Niederreiter

Zach Parise-Mikael Granlund-Jason Pominville

Thomas Vanek-Charlie Coyle-Jordan Schroeder

Chris Porter-Erik Haula-Ryan Carter

Defensemen

Ryan Suter-Jared Spurgeon

Jonas Brodin-Matt Dumba

Marco Scandella-Nate Prosser

Goalie

Darcy Kuemper

"Do Only Good Everyday"

Re: GDT 10/31: Wild @ Blues, 7p, FSMW

bradleygt89 wrote:Damn; rest of Morning Skate:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/p ... 411ce.html

Blues forward Vladimir Tarasenko will not be in the lineup tonight when the club hosts the Minnesota Wild at 7 p.m.

Tarasenko injured his left leg in a collision with Anaheim's Shawn Horcoff in the second period of a 2-1 win over the Ducks Thursday. He returned to the game, but did not practice with the club Friday or Saturday.

"He's not going to play tonight," Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. "We weren't sure later in the day yesterday with Vladi. We still held out hope that he was going to be able to play."

With the Blues' belief Friday that Tarasenko might not miss a game, the indication is that injury is not serious. Hitchcock took the wise-guy approach in saying that Tarasenko was day to day.

"He's out for the month of October," Hitchcock joked with reporters. "When November turns, we'll let you know on that one."

After scoring his team-leading sixth goal of the season, Tarasenko was injured in the second period of Thursday's game.

He left the game briefly after the knee-to-knee collision with Horcoff. He returned for the third period, allowing the club and its fans to breathe a sigh of relief.

Tarasenko played eight shifts in the third period for a total of 5 minutes, 55 seconds.

"He really played in the third period," Hitchcock said after the game. "He played really hard in the third period, which is a good sign."

On Saturday, following the news that Tarasenko would miss a game due to the injury, Hitchcock was asked about the decision to let him back in Thursday.

"That's out of our hands, we don't have anything to do with it," Hitchcock said. "That's doctor-related."

Meanwhile, the Blues will have defenseman Colton Parayko (foot) and forward Scottie Upshall back in the lineup tonight, but they will not have defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk (groin).

Parayko injured his left foot late in Thursday's game. He did not practice Friday but was on the ice this morning.

"I just clipped my skate," Parayko said of the incident. "Just under precaution, I made sure to take good care of it and look after myself for any further injury. But everything is well."

Hitchcock called the injury minor.

"We expected him to play," Hitchcock said. "Parayko playing a little bit banged, that's what it is in the National Hockey League. You have to learn to play that way. That's good that he's going to play."

Shattenkirk has skated the past two days and remains close to a return.

"Like I said before, he's days (away)," Hitchcock said. "We just keep working him forward, getting closer and closer."

TONIGHT'S PROJECTED LINEUP

Forwards

Alexander Steen-Jori Lehtera-Troy Brouwer

Steve Ott-David Backes-Scottie Upshall

Robby Fabbri-Scott Gomez-Dmitrij Jaskin

Ryan Reaves-Kyle Brodziak-Ty Rattie

Defensemen

Jay Bouwmeester-Alex Pietrangelo

Carl Gunnarsson-Colton Parayko

Joel Edmundson-Robert Bortuzzo

Goalie

Jake Allen

WILD PROJECTED LINEUP

Forwards

Jason Zucker-Mikko Koivu-Nino Niederreiter

Zach Parise-Mikael Granlund-Jason Pominville

Thomas Vanek-Charlie Coyle-Jordan Schroeder

Chris Porter-Erik Haula-Ryan Carter

Defensemen

Ryan Suter-Jared Spurgeon

Jonas Brodin-Matt Dumba

Marco Scandella-Nate Prosser

Goalie

Darcy Kuemper

oof. Guys are going to have to play a really tight physical game. The tops guys on defense really need to have a good game tonight.