Re: Walman, Blais, Dunn

Dunn has a future on The Blues' blueline. He'll be a solid 2-way player. Schmaltz should b, as well. Vanelli and Walman will probably have nowhere to play, and be traded in packages to get more forward scoring. Dunn has looked very good in every game I've seen him play. He's got the tools.

Stlweir wrote:Walman leading Providence in scoring after 7 games with 7 goals and 5 assists. Impressive start for the Soph defenseman.
12 points in only 7 games is terrific for a defenceman. Is he leading ALL of his teammates? - or just the defencemen?

At rookie camp Walman took a back seat to Parayko and Dunn who both were very impressive with their play standing out above everyone else because of the size, huge and small and skill set. I believe this is only Walman's third season playing defense, he is a converted forward. He is an excellent skater shoots L and is putting up very impressive numbers here early in his Soph year. This is definitely a kid to watch.

Yep, Dunn and Walman are currently the top scoring D-men in the OHL and NCAA respectively. Heck, Walman is 6th in league scoring counting the forwards! He's simply on fire.

Both have really upped their stocks since being drafted.

It sucks that the IIHF rules that Walman can't play for the US in the WJC but he's still eligible for Team Cananda...but I'd be surprised if he's selected. Dunn probably has a little better shot of making Canada's WJC team. Their camp roster is announced tomorrow and my guess is that both guys will be invited...but they'll only end up keeping 7 of the 11 or so D-men they invite to camp.

Both Dunn and Walman have average size (6'0" and 6'1" respectively) and both still need to fill out their bodies a good amount still...but both are turning into very good prospects. It'll be nice to have some quality left D-men pushing to make the team in the next couple of years as right now our depth is on the right side.