Fabbri-Schwartz-Brouwer
Ott-Brodziak-Reaves

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson-Shattenkirk
Linbohm-Bortuzzo

Allen
Elliott

Scratched: Gomez, Butler

That's the lineup I predict. Also in regard to the goalies, I'm not saying Jake will necessary have the starting job locked down, but I have a very hard time seeing them start the year with Elliott. Anyways, the lineup I WANT meanwhile goes like this

Steen-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Lehtera-Backes
Jaskin-Fabbri-Brouwer
Upshall-Brodziak-Reaves

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Lindbohm-Shattenkirk
Parayko-Bortuzzo

Allen
Elliott

So anyways, lets see if anybody here can correctly guess the lineup for the eighth.

Re: Predict the Opening Night Lineup

I'll bite.

Steen-Stastny-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Lehtera-Backes
Jaskin-Schwartz-Brouwer
Ott-Brodziak-Reaves

Bouwmeester-Petro
Gunnar-Shatty
Lindbohm-Bort

Allen

Extras: Gomez, Upshall, Butler

Up front you could convince me of a lot of different combinations for lines 2/3, but I'll go with that for now. Backes will probably see some time at Center again.

If Gunnar's injury lingers I bet they keep Edmundson around in his spot until Gunnar returns, at which point he goes back to Chicago.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Forwards:
Steen-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Backes-Brouwer
Fabbri-Lehtera-Jaskin
Upshall-Brodziak-Reaves

Extras: Ott, Rattie

Defensemen:
Jbo-Petro
Lindbohm-Shatty
Edmundson-Bortuzzo

Extras: Butler, Gunnarson on IR

Goalies :
Elliot starts, Allen back-up

edited due to updated injury listings
Last edited by blueslifer on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaptSMRT wrote:
STL fan in IA wrote:

If Gunner's groin injury lingers and he ends up on IR, I see Edmundson taking his place for the time being.
Oh...don't tease me.
I don't think that's a tease. I mean, to go from an injury-riddled season and then to come back and have a groin issue this early? I seriously am questioning his off-season approach and work ethic right now.

blueslifer wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
STL fan in IA wrote:

If Gunner's groin injury lingers and he ends up on IR, I see Edmundson taking his place for the time being.
Oh...don't tease me.
I don't think that's a tease. I mean, to go from an injury-riddled season and then to come back and have a groin issue this early? I seriously am questioning his off-season approach and work ethic right now.
I'm questioning why anyone would want that slow bastard on their team.

I see Gunnar as solid yet unspectacular. He's not useless and he's not slow either. I wish he was more physical but he does position himself well. He's a solid option to pair with a more risk taking partner.

I'm not liking his recent injury history but I think it's a little much to assume he doesn't train hard enough in the off season. There's really no reason to think that. I mean, should we assume that Edmundson didn't train properly a year ago and that would explain why he missed half the season with a back injury? No, of course not...but it's equally absurd to think something similar with Gunnar as well IMO.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote:It's almost here guys!

As of September 29th, my opening night lineup

Steen-Stastny-Tarasenko
Jaskin-Lehtera-Backes
Fabbri-Schwartz-Brouwer
Ott-Brodziak-Reaves

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson-Shattenkirk
Linbohm-Bortuzzo

Allen
Elliott

Scratched: Gomez, Butler

That's the lineup I predict. Also in regard to the goalies, I'm not saying Jake will necessary have the starting job locked down, but I have a very hard time seeing them start the year with Elliott. Anyways, the lineup I WANT meanwhile goes like this

Steen-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Lehtera-Backes
Jaskin-Fabbri-Brouwer
Upshall-Brodziak-Reaves

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Lindbohm-Shattenkirk
Parayko-Bortuzzo

Allen
Elliott

So anyways, lets see if anybody here can correctly guess the lineup for the eighth.
Man! I hope they don't sign Gomez! And Rattie should, at least, be an extra forward, as The Blues need to see whther or not they want him on their team next season, or to trade him before the deadline. IF they go for the 2nd option, they need to "showcase him" on The NHL level.