Re: DGB Cup Odds

Easily my favorite hockey writer these days. He doesn't say anything wrong here, but I think (blindly hope) our odds might be a little higher. I guess its hard to say until seeing the final third of his list.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Maybe the Blues werent bad enough for long enough. See Chicago. Don't see Edmonton.

Maybe it's time to trade some older guys for high picks and move up some young guns.

This will be an interesting trade deadline year, and then very little will happen.....

Yeah, who cares.......what the hell does Dorial Green Beckham know about hockey?

(I know this isn't Blues Talk and the average IQ is significantly higher here, but I'll still point out that the above comment was a joke.....just in case)

39hurricane wrote:Maybe the Blues werent bad enough for long enough. See Chicago. Don't see Edmonton.

Maybe it's time to trade some older guys for high picks and move up some young guns.

This will be an interesting trade deadline year, and then very little will happen.....
I think that's part of it for sure. Chicago and LA are examples of how sucking long enough can get you a stacked team if run properly. The Blues sucked but not for all that long. Then you remember that when we did have the #1 pick it was an 'off' year and we got EJ instead of a Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, McDavid, etc.

Then you can consider that the year we had that miracle second half climb to get to the postseason in 2009 was a year when we might have ended up drafting Tavares if only we had stuck it out at the bottom of the standings. That second half was a lot of fun as a fan, but didn't necessarily benefit us in the long term. Was a 4 game sweep at the hands of Vancouver worth it? Now granted we eventually lucked into Tarasenko with our pick from that season when we traded Rundblad, but Tavares would have been that elite center we've always needed.

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:
T.C. wrote:it's not that we didn't suck long enough, it's that we sucked wrongly. i mean, since 2002, edmonton has won more playoff games than we have.

we even suck at sucking. :)
Your words are hurtful.
edmonton were recently part-owned by a toy company.

T.C. wrote:
SickMittsRomKnee wrote:
T.C. wrote:it's not that we didn't suck long enough, it's that we sucked wrongly. i mean, since 2002, edmonton has won more playoff games than we have.

we even suck at sucking. :)
Your words are hurtful.
edmonton were recently part-owned by a toy company.
Stahp. They don't treat me like this on the other message boar... wait strike that.