R.I.P. - Lawrence Peter 'Yogi' Berra

A great ball player, a great man, a great St. Louisan. We'll miss you, Yogi.

“When you come to a fork in the road … take it.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yogi Berra, Master Yankee Catcher With Goofy Wit, Dies at 90
By BRUCE WEBER
SEPT. 23, 2015

Yogi Berra, one of baseball’s greatest catchers and characters, who as a player was a mainstay of 10 Yankee championship teams and as a manager led both the Yankees and Mets to the World Series — but who may be more widely known as an ungainly but lovable cultural figure, inspiring a cartoon character and issuing a seemingly limitless supply of unwittingly witty epigrams known as Yogi-isms — died on Tuesday. He was 90.

His death was reported by the Yankees and by the Yogi Berra Museum and Learning Center in Little Falls, N.J. Before moving to an assisted living facility in nearby West Caldwell, in 2012, Berra had lived for many years in neighboring Montclair. ...

Read & See more at: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/24/sport ... tcher.html

Re: R.I.P. - Lawrence Peter 'Yogi' Berra

Sad day. Happy that he lived to 90 though-much rather hear about someone dying at 90 over someone dying young (like Ewen). Not that its ever good news to hear about death, but I think you guys know what I mean.

The Aflac commerical with him in it "And they give you cash, which is just as good as money" is still one of my favorite commercials.

Re: R.I.P. - Lawrence Peter 'Yogi' Berra

Wednesday, September 23, 2015
Lou Lamoriello remembers Yogi Berra as humble legend and Devils' fan; "He loved the game of hockey"

Yogi Berra, the Hall of Fame catcher and 10-time World Series winner who passed away Tuesday night at age 90, was, of course, a Yankee legend.

But, he also managed the Mets and worked for the Houston Astros and his good friend, Dr. John McMullen.

And that is how Berra became a Devils' fan.

McMullen owned the Astros and the Devils and Berra, who lived in Montclair, often attended the Devils' games at the Meadowlands and, later, at Prudential Center.

"He was almost synonymous with the Devils every day in my early days there," former Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said this morning from Toronto. "Every morning I'd walk in and he'd be there at South Mountain (Arena). He'd work out with Dr. McMullen. We'd sit down and have a coffee. I must have seen him six days a week for several years. He was just a good friend. He loved the game of hockey." ...

Read more at: http://fireandice.northjersey.com/fire- ... -1.1416096