As camp opens up

It's this or bust...

What are you most looking forward to seeing this camp?

I really want to see how Lindbohm and Borts continue to develop with each other. As well as of course, Fabbri.

I think we are definitely going to be more physical than last year. I'll be curious if theres a noticing wrecklessness about the team.
Attachments
296374_10151399284232678_585893423_n.jpg 296374_10151399284232678_585893423_n.jpg Viewed 13205 times 17.13 KiB

Re: As camp opens up

I'm most looking forward to seeing real competition for available spots. Before these spots were more reserved for journeymen like Jax, Porter, etc. I'm also looking forward to seeing what style changes will be implemented to accomodate skilled guys like Tarasenko. Will that open the door for another skilled player like Fabbri, and will that style translate into wins, or will they revert back to a more conservative approach if it's not immediately succesful?

blueslifer wrote:I'm most looking forward to seeing real competition for available spots. Before these spots were more reserved for journeymen like Jax, Porter, etc. I'm also looking forward to seeing what style changes will be implemented to accomodate skilled guys like Tarasenko. Will that open the door for another skilled player like Fabbri, and will that style translate into wins, or will they revert back to a more conservative approach if it's not immediately succesful?
Jax is a journeyman?

insideout wrote:
blueslifer wrote:I'm most looking forward to seeing real competition for available spots. Before these spots were more reserved for journeymen like Jax, Porter, etc. I'm also looking forward to seeing what style changes will be implemented to accomodate skilled guys like Tarasenko. Will that open the door for another skilled player like Fabbri, and will that style translate into wins, or will they revert back to a more conservative approach if it's not immediately succesful?
Jax is a journeyman?
I suppose I have come to look at him in that fashion the last couple years, yes. I wouldn't exactly call him a master at his craft any more.

Just from the video I saw today, Gomez looks like Gomez....I think he's a lock to get a one year deal.
I'm most interested in seeing how things play out with Parayko and the defense.
Up front it's all about Samuel Blais and Liam Dunda for me. Obviously Dunda is heading back to Owen Sound fairly soon and he's really nothing more than a future 3rd/4th line grinder but the kid just turned 18 three days ago or so. He's very young but he had a great prospect camp, a pretty good Traverse city tourney so I'm wondering how he's going to handle camp. One of the hardest working kids on the ice for sure.
Blais seems to be on the fast track all of the sudden. He's looked good every time he's been here and it looks like he just keeps getting better and better. He's definitely one prospect to keep an eye on.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

I'm interested in watching a LOT of players and roster battles, both on The NHL and AHL levels:

Parayko, Fabbri, Dunn, Lindbohm, Rattie, Edmundson, Jaškin, Brouwer, Barbashev, Schmaltz, Sergeev, Dunda, Blais, Descheneau, Lehterä. Pääjärvi, Allen, Walman, Copley, Binnington, Gomez, Upshall, and related position battles.

With all the high praises parayko is getting, and reading how mature and poised he is via interviews, i wonder does this open up the possibility of trading a shatty or perhaps petro?

Or jbo/gunnar if he plays left....
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

I'm really excited to see how Parayko performs in the preseason. The little I have seen he is a star on the rise. At some point he will be a regular this season. It is up to him to earn his spot. He can play the point on the PP, kill penalties and has a cannon. Also can skate with a huge wing span.

I'm most looking forward to seeing Parayko do well, then Fabbri, then see how Rattie does, watch Dunn, see how Copley looks, Blais, Dunda, Descheneau, see if Jaskin looks better, deewho plays with Stastny, Edmundson, improvement of Lindbohm, Barbashev - LOTS to see and assess.

insideout wrote:
Jax is a journeyman?
No, but what do you call a guy that won't leave?

I'm interested in Dunn. From the reports I've read he seems to be a skater. That is one area I think the Blues really need to improve.

Copley is another prospect that intrigues me. The goalie pipeline is a strength for our youth system. Copley's coaches gave his work ethic a ton of praise, which is a great sign for his development.