Who is your favorite Blue of all time?

Slow few days around here now that Kane news has died down a bit....so lets get some actual Blues chatter going, shall we? Who is your favorite Blue of all time, and why?

Mine Is Pronger. There was no weakness to his game, and I still don't think I've seen anyone control a game to the extent that he did (maybe Lidstrom). Despite all the good teams we've had I don't think I will ever forgive the Laurie's for trading him away.

Re: Who is your favorite Blue of all time?

So difficult to narrow it down to one single name because of so many awesome experiences, personalities and memories since I became aware of the Blues as a kid in the 70's.

Unger, Babych, Liut, Pettersson, Mullen, Wick, Paslawski, Wamsley, Brown, Shanny, Hull, Demitra, Prongs, Mac....not to mention Tank, Schwartz and Shatty.

I just can't do it. I'm in love with the whole thing.

Dave's a mess wrote:Shanahan. Loved everything about him as a player. Him going after Tkachuk is one of my favorite moments, and one of the better stories from Blues lore.
It's amazing how quickly so many Blues fans forgot how much they loved Shanahan after he went to the evil red army. He was awesome as a Blue and one of the most popular players the team has ever head.

Dave's a mess wrote:Shanahan. Loved everything about him as a player. Him going after Tkachuk is one of my favorite moments, and one of the better stories from Blues lore.
I always think that fight is pure "lore" because there wasn't really anything to it. Shanny never even dropped his gloves during that fight. Shanny was slapping away with his gloves on while Tkachuk turtled on the ice. It was made out to be much more than it really was.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

insideout wrote:
It's amazing how quickly so many Blues fans forgot how much they loved Shanahan after he went to the evil red army. He was awesome as a Blue and one of the most popular players the team has ever head.
I hear you.

I have three boys.....Brendan, Brett and Brock (I'm not sure if you can figure out who the last one is named for.)

StL Dan wrote:
insideout wrote:
I hear you.

I have three boys.....Brendan, Brett and Brock (I'm not sure if you can figure out who the last one is named for.)
Lou?

StL Dan wrote:
insideout wrote:
I hear you.

Brock Lesner or you went totally off the charts and were a huge fan of former Mizzou RB Brock Olivo! :lol:

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote:
StL Dan wrote:quote="insideout"]quote="Dave's a mess"]Shanahan. Loved everything about him as a player. Him going after Tkachuk is one of my favorite moments, and one of the better stories from Blues lore.quote]

It's amazing how quickly so many Blues fans forgot how much they loved Shanahan after he went to the evil red army. He was awesome as a Blue and one of the most popular players the team has ever head.quote]

I hear you.

I have three boys.....Brendan, Brett and Brock (I'm not sure if you can figure out who the last one is named for.)quote]

Brock Lesner or you went totally off the charts and were a huge fan of former Mizzou RB Brock Olivo! :lol:
[/quote]

TIM, I knew you'd get it wrong! BUT, I see the humor. (And, Brock Olivo is a darned good guess!)
Doug Glatt wrote: Lou?

Sweet Lou, it is!

NHLTIM wrote:
I always think that fight is pure "lore" because there wasn't really anything to it. Shanny never even dropped his gloves during that fight. Shanny was slapping away with his gloves on while Tkachuk turtled on the ice. It was made out to be much more than it really was.
Yeah, I mean it wasn't much of a fight, more of a jumping. But that whole game was peak Shanny. Fun writeup in JR's book about it for any of you that haven't read it.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
Yeah, I mean it wasn't much of a fight, more of a jumping. But that whole game was peak Shanny. Fun writeup in JR's book about it for any of you that haven't read it.
The best part was the exchange between Chase and Shanahan in the locker room when Shanny was getting stitched up.

Shanhan - "How does it look?
Chase - "It looks like more chics for Chaser"

That was classic! :lol:

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote:
I suppose I'm biased because I was at the game, but Shanahan wasn't merely cut. His face was ripped open from lip to nose and he still has a nasty scar above his lip to show for it. He came out after getting stitched up and his upper lip was swollen and sticking out so far that I remember thinking he looked like a Matt Groening drawing. Then he scored 2 goals and jumped Tkachuk. Not his fault that Tkachuk didn't want to go. Just the fact the he tried to fight in that condition takes it out of the realm of "pure lore." One punch would have turned his mouth into lasagna.