Re: KANE is in trouble.

Yeah.....just reading the story, I won't speculate what it could be but I know what comes to the front of my mind. He's a heck of a hockey player though and he's great for the NHL, so personally I'm hoping that this ends up much ado about nothing but it sounds like something is definitely up.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

CaptSMRT wrote:I don't think the Police would be so tight lipped if they were not about to throw some cuffs on him.
On the other hand, the police dont want to be sued for slander by kane and/or the nhl for wrongful arrest/charges so they are staying tight-lipped until further investigation proves either way.

Kane's got a history already. Could be bad news for the hawks (which makes me giddy)
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

T.C. wrote:i stand by what i said here - he's a piece of shit. everyone was all "oh, that was his cousin" or "he's grown up since then". perhaps, but he's still a piece of shit from where i'm sitting. this will prove it. he can go play with danton.
Agreed that he's a piece of shit. He may or may not be guilty of rape but he's an arrogant, entitled brat and always will be.

http://www.wkbw.com/news/police-investi ... trick-kane

From the article:
The Chicago Blackhawks released a statement saying, "We are aware of the matter and are in the process of fathering information. It would be inappropriate to comment further at this time."
I'm sure that is a typo but I laughed really hard at the fathering information bit. 'We're not commenting until we're sure exactly how we want to spin this with misinformation.' Just great stuff there.

FuhrFan31 wrote:http://www.wkbw.com/news/police-investi ... trick-kane

From the article:
The Chicago Blackhawks released a statement saying, "We are aware of the matter and are in the process of fathering information. It would be inappropriate to comment further at this time."
I'm sure that is a typo but I laughed really hard at the fathering information bit. 'We're not commenting until we're sure exactly how we want to spin this with misinformation.' Just great stuff there.

Yes, the 'hawks have to meet with Bettman at the HOliday Inn to consummate the story. We all know GB is the bitch in this relationship anyway, so it is appropriate for them to be the 'father' :twisted:

Here is more on it:

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/06/bl ... ice-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/08/06/patric ... blackhawks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Rape?? WTF?? The dude can have all the hot women he wants! He could be having 3somes, 4somes, 5somes!

If this is true he is incredibly stupid! But I agree he could plead out and either get probation or a few months in the county jail where he'll be protected in a solitary cell with his own TV probably.

The NHL will let him back in because he is too big of a star. Other ex-felons have played in the NHL.

Here is the real question; will the NHL be consistent? They suspended Voynov for being arrested, not charged, for domestic violence. Using the same standard, shouldn't Kane be suspended if he gets arrested?

If he gets arrested and not suspended, do women's groups protest outside every Blackhawks game? This is really a potential PR disaster for Chicago and the NHL.

Also, will countries that use caining as punishment have to change the name of the punishment?
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

The report says they met at a bar and ended up back at his house. Highly unlikely that he abducted her so that tells me she went willingly. I don't know what happened at the house but it's just hard for me to believe that Patrick Kane would rape her. He's Pat Kane, he doesn't have to rape anybody. She was with a loaded Pat Kane and went back to his house, I doubt he was taking her back there for tea and biscuits.
If he did something like drug her, beat her and actually rape her than he's dumber than I would have ever imagined, but I personally can't see that happening, regardless of how much a douchebag he appears to be off the ice.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote:The report says they met at a bar and ended up back at his house. Highly unlikely that he abducted her so that tells me she went willingly. I don't know what happened at the house but it's just hard for me to believe that Patrick Kane would rape her. He's Pat Kane, he doesn't have to rape anybody. She was with a loaded Pat Kane and went back to his house, I doubt he was taking her back there for tea and biscuits.
If he did something like drug her, beat her and actually rape her than he's dumber than I would have ever imagined, but I personally can't see that happening, regardless of how much a douchebag he appears to be off the ice.
That's precisely why a guy like him would end up raping someone. He's probably so used to having his way with whichever woman he wants that he doesn't take it seriously when one decides she'd rather not. And it doesn't matter if she went to his place under her own power. It doesn't matter if she originally had plans to go through with things. If she didn't want it to happen and he proceeded anyway then it's rape.

bluetuned wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:The report says they met at a bar and ended up back at his house. Highly unlikely that he abducted her so that tells me she went willingly. I don't know what happened at the house but it's just hard for me to believe that Patrick Kane would rape her. He's Pat Kane, he doesn't have to rape anybody. She was with a loaded Pat Kane and went back to his house, I doubt he was taking her back there for tea and biscuits.
That's precisely why a guy like him would end up raping someone. He's probably so used to having his way with whichever woman he wants that he doesn't take it seriously when one decides she'd rather not.
I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just can't believe that even Pat Kane would be willing to risk that. I will be shocked if this actually becomes a criminal case with charges. Maybe you guys won't but I will be. Guess, I'm just getting old.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Got to agree. The idea that he's "Pat Kane, he can fuck whoever he wants" is exactly how situations like this happen.

You don't have to kidnap someone taking her home to commit a rape. All it takes is her saying "No" one time.

Terrible take on the subject Tim.

A woman going back to your place does not mean she is consenting to sex. A lot of things could have happened between leaving the bar and going to the hospital for a rape kit obviously.

Usually I'd wait to see what info comes out of this but knowing how Kane acts around women and the general public I'd venture to presume this wasn't the first time a woman has woken up next to Ol' Kaner and not remembered the night before. Not saying he drugs women but he and his crew are complete scumbags and it wouldn't be a huge leap to think that they probably take advantage of highly intoxicated women.

The comment section on the Deadspin article falls right in line from what I've heard anyway.

stlblues1226 wrote:Here is the real question; will the NHL be consistent? They suspended Voynov for being arrested, not charged, for domestic violence. Using the same standard, shouldn't Kane be suspended if he gets arrested?

If he gets arrested and not suspended, do women's groups protest outside every Blackhawks game? This is really a potential PR disaster for Chicago and the NHL.

Also, will countries that use caining as punishment have to change the name of the punishment?
Oddly enough, this will probably work out well for the Blackhawks. I can see Terry Pegula stepping in to fix the situation and bring Kane back home. Hawks get some of the young talent that the Sabre's own and really clear some cap space by moving Kane out.. Somehow how the Hawks will walk away from this smelling like roses....guaranteed. :lol:

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Fred Garvin wrote:Got to agree. The idea that he's "Pat Kane, he can fuck whoever he wants" is exactly how situations like this happen.

You don't have to kidnap someone taking her home to commit a rape. All it takes is her saying "No" one time.

Terrible take on the subject Tim.
Again, I'm of the belief that Pat Kane wouldn't risk that. I might be proven wrong here soon but I just can't believe he did that..
We don't know if she said "no" anymore than it being consensual and she left and went straight for her rape kit afterwards. I guess we will find out soon enough what went down.

"Suck a dick Johansen"