Re: Toronto willing to retain $2mm of Kessel's Salary

Matangama wrote:I'd sure take him......but for what in return? If it's Oshie+, then great. If it's quite a bit more than that, then forget it.
I'd be all for it if it was Oshie +. I have no doubt that Oshie would be going the other way, my concern is what would be the +? Ideally, I send Ott along for the ride to even out the salary. Not sure what Toronto is looking for at this point. Maybe we can return Gunnar too! :lol:

Re: Leafs willing to retain 2M of Kessel's Salary

If the cost is Oshie + Rattie + Vannelli + 2016 2nd I'd do it in a heartbeat if they are still retaining $2M of his cap hit. Takes away 25% of the risk of the last few years of his deal if he slows down and becomes ineffective. That said, their willingness to retain cap hit is likely directly connected to the quality of the prospects coming back to them. Not sure if Rattie, Vannelli and a 2nd is enough to get them to take any salary back.

MissouriMook wrote:If the cost is Oshie + Rattie + Vannelli + 2016 2nd I'd do it in a heartbeat if they are still retaining $2M of his cap hit. Takes away 25% of the risk of the last few years of his deal if he slows down and becomes ineffective. That said, their willingness to retain cap hit is likely directly connected to the quality of the prospects coming back to them. Not sure if Rattie, Vannelli and a 2nd is enough to get them to take any salary back.
Send them Steen instead of Oshie, and the numbers work better.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
MissouriMook wrote:If the cost is Oshie + Rattie + Vannelli + 2016 2nd I'd do it in a heartbeat if they are still retaining $2M of his cap hit. Takes away 25% of the risk of the last few years of his deal if he slows down and becomes ineffective. That said, their willingness to retain cap hit is likely directly connected to the quality of the prospects coming back to them. Not sure if Rattie, Vannelli and a 2nd is enough to get them to take any salary back.
Then we become incredibly weak on the left side.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
Maybe the numbers work better, but I still think Steen has more value to the Blues than Oshie does. Oshie is #1 on my list of players to move this offseason.

Blues14 wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
Maybe the numbers work better, but I still think Steen has more value to the Blues than Oshie does. Oshie is #1 on my list of players to move this offseason.
Steen has a fragile melon...I'd move him ....besides, I want the "old core" gone.